Trans* and Gender Variant Support Thread

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Greenunit, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Would any of you trans guys date a bisexual girl? I'm just curious, here lately I've noticed Im attracted to transgenders and I dont know if one would ever date me. Honestly it'd be like the best thing ever, a girls personality and face and habits, but the male parts. I don't know, don't judge me,

• Like Like x 1
  2. #242 Greenunit, Jul 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2015
    I'm currently dating a bisexual girl, so yes. [​IMG]

Also, I think the kind of individual that you are describing is a transwoman: a person who is assigned a male sex at birth based on their genitals, but is actually a woman. Transguy/man is a person that's the other way around (assigned female, is actually a man).

3. Haven't been in the City as much, but figured I'd pop in and remind y'all I'm still around! Hope everyone is doing fabulously :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. in support. it's odd because i was raised mainly by my mom and sister who had their fun with me growing up to the extent that girls i barely know upon learning my sexual preference have even commented saying they can tell i was raised feminine. i don't necessarily think it's a bad thing but it's made things awkward in social situations and sort of hard to find a girl to click with. not quite one of the guys although i do have a solid group of people who seem to understand i'm just a little sensitive lol. idk, interesting thread. hope you're all well :)

5. Hi. I'm a trans woman. I was wondering if this is a good place to ask questions?

6. Hello and welcome! Yeah you can definitely ask questions, I can't guarantee that I (or anyone) will have the answers, but I'll do my best :)

7. Thank you. My question is if it's safe to smoke while I'm tqking hormones.

8. I'm going to say yes, as weed is generally pretty benign when combined with most other substances. While I don't know much about the specific estrogen + cannabis combination, I do know plenty of AFAB people smoke while on hormonal birth control with no ill effects. Perhaps some other transwomen can chime in. I also found this thread... Perhaps it will have some helpful anecdotal evidence for you: http://www.tgboards.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=213...

Personally I'm on T and haven't noticed any issues, although it can occasionally exacerbate my dysphoria. This is a more recent thing though, and I've been smoking less and noticing more ill mental effects... But that's probably just me.

9. I'm sorry to hear about your dysphoria issues, sweetie. I hope things get better for you in that regard. Thank you for the link.

I'm just over-cautious. Sorry. But it's always a pleasant surprise when I make assumptions like these and get summarily flayed for my apostasy.

I just wanna make sure it doesn't interfere with the effects of the hormones or cause any adverse side effects, y'know?

10. So have many of you heard that transgender people Will be able to universally serve openly in the US military soon?

That's exciting news. I've had military aspirations for a long time now and now they may finally come to fruition with no conflict regarding my identity. ^_^

11. Thanks :) It's just when I toke though, so I've just been toking less. Perhaps I overdid the MJ in past years and now it's biting me... Whatever the reason, it's an easy fix. I haven't had much dysphoria in other circumstances since starting T, so that's a definite bonus!

Better to be over-cautious than reckless I would think, particularly when it comes to matters of health.

12. It's good to hear you may have gotten it settled. ^_^

13. I only hope that once that time comes, the Navy will accept me as a woman. Who knows, maybe they'll even help pay for hormones and such? It's an exciting prospect. :3

14. I hope so too!

I'm lucky, my hormones are totally covered thank goodness.

15. I'm glad to hear it, hon. :D

16. got an SRS date coming up shortly, fuck yeah!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Good luck! :)

18. I have a question as a straight ally.

My neighbors for the past few years were a lesbian couple. Really friendly, we chit chat in the hallways but weren't ever really friends beyond that.
    Recently one of them started transitionin to be a man, and I have slipped a few times when referring to him, I used her, she, etc.
    How do I correct this? Do I apologize and try again? Do I try harder not to fuck it up, if I apologize after some time has gone by do I shine light on something that is over??

Idk what to do but I don't want to be an asshole.

19. It doesn't sound like you're an asshole at all. It sounds like you're a genuine ally. :)

I've had a lot of trans friends, and fucking up pronouns initially is understandable. You can apologize if you feel that it'll help, but also just try harder in the future to use he/him.

Hope that helps!

• Like Like x 2
  20. Is it really a big deal?

Be confident in your intention, if somebody mistakes your intention, that is their fault. You didnt intend on being malicious and your persona reflects that.