Trans* and Gender Variant Support Thread

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Greenunit, Nov 4, 2014.

1. I got my first T shot a couple days ago! :D

Grab a good friend or two and get looking! That way you've got backup in case something goes awry, and they can help you find cute things that you look fabulous in :)

Be warned, women's sizing is confusing af.

2. A teen close to me came out to their parents, and it didn't go well.  I just want to shake some sense into them.  As it stands, I may end up driving 3-4 hours once a week to go to him and drive him to a trans youth support group, and then drive him back home.  I don't mind, though.  It would mean I'd get to spend more time with him, and he's one of my all-time favorite people.

3. I will when they are here :3. Most of them don't come to my area very often. Yes sizing is interesting to say the least :p. I still have not come up with a working Men to Women's shoe size equation.

4. My gf can help. Knows where to get thongs for women in transition to help tuck.

Let's Smoke About It....
    -Adam Demamp

My Organic Grow Journal
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1357687-Sade's-Solar-Adventures

5. That would be awesome anything helps. Lucky for me the girl of the couple i visit just started hormones a few months ago so she knows a local woman who makes bras and other clothing and is more than happy to help make things for her and her situation. Awesome lady ^_^.

6. For me, personally, I usually subtract 2-2.5 sizes from women's sizing to get to my men's size for shoes. Your feet are probably much larger than mine though, so idk if that helps at all.

In general though, I found the best way is just to try a whole lot of stuff on as the shapes of our bodies are often different from those that the clothing are designed for. I found that when shopping for women's clothes too, but I feel more right shopping in the dude's section so I have the patience to try stuff on :)

I'm a 12.5-13 double wide in men's :p . Then again i'm big all around.

I do love finding clothes that actually make me look good. I've always hated clothes shopping. My parents were really insulting and strict about it so i abandoned clothing all together. I always hated it because of the self image issues and being slightly overweight. It's hard now to allow myself to feel good wearing anything but i'm getting better. It's just hard in public because people don't understand or look and stare.

8. Jeez you're a big girl! :eek: My gf has issues enough finding shoes and she's only an 11 or something like that. You might have to get them specially made.

It's amazing how much of a difference it makes buying clothes that make you feel right inside and out. I too always despised shopping for clothes. I'd usually leave sad, anxious, and annoyed without really knowing why. I still don't like malls - wide open spaces that are indoors freak me out, but I can tolerate it now. :)

Shopping with some good friends makes all the difference. It's easier to ignore judgemental stares from other customers and staff when you've got supportive people telling you how fabulous you look in that shirt. I get a weird kind of pleasure when I walk into a store and a clerk starts rambling about deals in the womens section and I'm just like "k, cool" and go to the mens or kids. [​IMG]

:laughing: i'm a petruvian build sooo ya haha. I feel like i'm 5'2 140 but instead i'm 6'0 220 :p.

It's getting better bit by bit having supportive friends makes all the difference.

haha some store people suck and others are amazing! There was one woman at a department store that helped my exes brother find girl jeans that were what he wanted. A few people said things and looked odd but she was more than happy to help all the way ^_^. I've met a few like that.

10. The best place for outlier shoe sizes is Nordstrom Rack.  I regularly see sizing up to women's 15 (men's 13) there.

11. My GF is the same almost. 6'0 little less weight but seems to be more difficult finding things when taller.

12. Three more months and I'll legally be female. Woo!

13. Congrats! [​IMG]

14. My friends keep questioning my sexuality and gender identity. Why the hell do i have to worry about if i'm gay or transgender or not? Wasn't it enough to live my whole life questioning myself and everything about me? Now i have to deal with same thing all over again just the opposite. I hate it because i question myself all the time because of people saying similar things to me. I feel like i have no identity, no meaning, nothing but a ghost. It really hurts me that even after watching me come out and deal with so much my best friends question me too? All i want to do is cry.

15. I hate when people press labels on others, or are "identity police". Sometimes these things are fluid, sometimes we don't have all the answers about ourselves.

I know when people insist that I should have all the answers I feel somehow less than who I am. It hurts.

I'm sorry the people around you can't let you be who you are. These identities aren't always black and white, and I'm sorry they don't understand that.

Thanks for the kind words.

It just hurts noone believes me about anything. Noone believes i'm mentally ill. Noone believes i broke my back. Noone believes i'm who i am. Noone believes me at all. I don't understand people or the world. It's like there's a bunch of people screaming a different language at me and the more i try and quell them the angry they get yelling louder.

I need someone to have faith in me and my problems. I fight everyday just to live and no noone sees the bad i go through because i don't want to damage any more people by proxy. I'm not ok, i'm all alone, and i'm terrified.

I want to die so badly, not because of suicide or harm issues i just want it to stop. Right now nothing is better than the last few years. I feel no positivity or enjoy anything. I wasn't meant to be here.

17. #217 Vicious, May 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2015

Jesus, bro, you don't sound good. Can I call you "bro"? I call chicks bro, it's a term of endearment to me. But forget all that, if you need anyone to talk to hit me up in PM or on steam. We both have psych degrees right? Between your depression and identity dysmorphia and my blunted affect, shizoid personality and anxiety we could bounce some semi-educated banter back and forth. Talking to a peer helps a lot.

18. that paragraph right there is full of so much win, it is simply uncountable.[​IMG]

vicious, you fucking rock! stand up people like yourself are my hero's!! [​IMG]  

SiriusWolff, you need to talk to vicious. [​IMG]

19. #219 Vicious, May 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2015

I appreciate that man. That's you though, I have a soft spot for vets. I know most vets hate hearing that but you've done more than I can. If I had the right to salute you I would.

I hope to take my psych degree and join a branch if I can, if I can get through with my medical history and get a little fit. I want to do PsyOps, Intel or work with vets with PTSD. My uncle was marine in Nam, he drank himself to death when I was pretty young, that's something that stuck with me. It's a pretty broad spectrum, between fucking with people mentally, doing hearts and minds, doing dirty work like intel or doing the medical end. I don't know. We'll see where I am in a couple years. I didn't mean to make this about me though.

20. this entire thread is full of awesome and amazing people, you included. so don't be so dang hard on your self. no one is hard on you like you are.no one can hurt you like you can because you know every single button to push. go easy on yourself. just go easy.

i had to learn to do that myself. while i myself don't have the problems that you are currently dealing with, i do have some pretty fucked up ones myself. pretty sure every single person in this thread has or had some serious problems. because we all have those things in common, we have the understanding and compassion to genuinely want to see you feel better. to see you doing well.

i am also pretty sure every person in this thread believes you are feeling what you are feeling. i am also pretty sure that no one will argue the heavy toll it is taking on your emotions and on your mind. i for one believe you, i can feel the pain in your written words. hang in there, go easy on your self and roll with the punches as best you can. that is to say, make the best of a bad situation. keep making the best out of those shitty situations and you will find yourself not only putting one foot in front of the other, but doing so in the right direction. 

the right direction leads to....well, it leads to the happy places you want to find yourself at. [​IMG]