Thoughts on cat calling?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by wars, Nov 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #41 wars, Nov 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2014
    You also dont need a video to know what its like to walk around a town as a man
    You know just as much as I do that nothing happens, you don't walk around having men say "nice ass"  you don't worry if the guy behind you at the ATM is gonna rape you.

2. it's not a joke to me.  just saying that the video is exaggerated.

Actually...I was told men are less qualified for positions regarding IT and computer science positions which deal with protecting identities because we have less empathy or some crap so we won't do as good of a job.  

4. Not in the slightest! In real life its actually much worse and in plenty of cases ends even more gruesome.

5. #45 errors, Nov 4, 2014
    seriously?  broad day light in the city?  i mean i'm not saying it's impossible to be raped, but that's being a little paranoid, maybe egotistical.
    5 minute side by side walking is bullshit.  it's like they're trying to show you that this guy is so desperate that he follows a mute girl for five minutes?  no one does that.  even if it that happens, definitely not frequent enough to be captured so conveniently on camera.
    and look at the people who are harassing her.  there's obvious stereotype.  video is wrong in so many ways.

6. #46 lFourTwenty, Nov 4, 2014

I don't think it's exaggerated 

Of course all men don't act like that, but there's definitely a percentage that do act exactly like that towards women in public that aren't with another man. But there's also a percentage of women that will respond to that kind of attention, so sometimes it probably works out.

7. You're very straight forward, that's pretty awesome, some women detest getting things said to them, It makes me blush but i definitely don't mind unless they're being disrespectful, like you said, who wouldn't like getting nice compliments.

8. #48 UnsuspiciousUsername, Nov 4, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
    You don't get it. You're so oblivious.
    Women demean others.
    Women sexualize themselves and embrace, creating self-stigmas. 

You're so one-sided and you couldn't even counter some very important arguments. 
    Do you even know what you're trying to prove? 
    It's like you're trying to pick fights with zero logic attached; might as well call yourself troll of the week.

[SIZE=12pt]The media's depiction of sexuality and the image of the ideal woman take from the individuality and identity of women. Women are told and shown millions of ideas they should empower, thousands of ways they should act, hundreds of accessories they should buy, dozens of styles they should copy, and several sensuous ways to flaunt themselves from advertisements, television, movies, and music. Some girls do not try to act on their own; they try to be like others, like the models. They try to be what the media thinks people want them to be- the Paris Hilton, the Kim Kardashian, or any other starlit diva. It is hard to find and be yourself, but when you fall into the slump of acting how the media wants you to, there arises significant social and psychological effects, such as depression and eating disorders. The portrayal of media has adverse effect on the mental and physical states of women, and in depth research has supported the relationship, by studying how presenting the idea that the average woman is imperfect leads some to feel more self-conscious. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]Across the globe, women and girls look to TV, movies, and magazines for the measure of what they should look like or what is ideal in physical features. They probably look up to these media sources because they have been very mainstream in life. In this way, society has put way too much emphasis on physical appearance. That is a real issue causing pressure for women who feel like these media images alienate them from others. The media makes women believe that if they could just lose those last couple of pounds, they would have it all: the perfect marriage, beautiful, loving children, and a successful, fulfilling career. When women fail to achieve the ideal look, they are likely to feel sad, disappointed, and ashamed of their bodies. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]AND WHO IS IN CONTROL OF THE MEDIA ADDRESSING WOMAN?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]Who is idolizing these fake celebrity divas?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]Who are constantly flaunting their curves. Selfies, sexting, facebooks, etc.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]Some woman (and I say some, because I have respect for the intelligent one's who can brush off this counter-culture), when they have something worthwhile they CAN flaunt, they do it. She chooses to try to make herself seem appealing and better than everyone else around her, and in turn, puts down everyone in her path. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]WHO is in charge of these COSMO magazines?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]And these female-targeted reality shows?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]The female CEOs and businesswoman. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]Who is in charge of the fashion shoved down girls' throats?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]Certianly not the coach of the Green Bay Packers or the CEO of a steel mill.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]Who is constantly talking about body weight? I've heard woman pick on so many woman about weight.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Not every single person is vulnerable to the media's influential effects, but negative effects do occur in the clear majority of adolescent girls and women. For example, one randomized experiment found that “exposure to thin-ideal images taken directly from fashion magazines produced significant increases in self-reported depression, stress, guilt, shame, insecurity and body dissatisfaction relative to women exposed to images of average weight women from magazines. Girls aged five to seven reported less body esteem and a greater desire for a thinner body after exposure to images of thin dolls [Barbie] compared to girls who saw images of dolls with a healthy body size [Emme] or no dolls”. Now, these girls did not overwhelmingly choose the Barbie-like dolls out of complete randomness over the more realistic dolls. Whether they realized it or not, their minds were predominantly fixed on the stereotypical image of beauty (slim, plastered with make-up, and curvy) that is affixed to all sorts of media images. Sadly though, young girls are led to believe that they need to look the same way, whether they like it or not.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]WHO CREATED BARBIE? A woman, and the board of directors have women.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]And Jesus Christ…THE COSMETIC INDUSTRY?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]We men don't know jack about make-up. Are you going to point the figure at us about that too?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The cosmetics industry has seen the value of marketing their products to younger and younger girls. Toy shops sell “Girls Ultimate Spa and Perfume Kit” (for use by up to eight kids and perfect for spa parties, sleepovers, and rainy days”); the Body Shop has lip glosses intended for teens and fruity lip glosses for preteens; Claire's, an accessory store in thousands of malls, sells lip gloss and perfume to young girls. Barbie has perfumes called “Free Spirit,” “Summer Fun,” and “Super Model.”  It's an important investment to market these types of products and fashions to little girls to they become accustomed to this type of glittery life and continue to buy more products as they age. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]You're so ignorant about so many things man…it bothers me. Move this to Pandora already…[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]YES, I WROTE THAT. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]Some are obviously quotes. Most are thoughts...[/SIZE]

I stand uncorrected. 

And you keep saying rape in your posts.
    Rape.
    Rape. Rape.
    STOP IT DUDE, JESUS. What are you saying?

9. OMG she's human!!! With a brain!!!

I like you misshighlife and I shall add you to my friends list. Thank you ever so kindly for your timely response.

10. I do it just because some women are so beautiful I have to at least try, but I'm never disrespectful.

And if things go will later let them know I'm only interested in sex, for them to either accept or deny because relationships are for mature people lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. #51 Tokesmith, Nov 4, 2014
    The problem is that those guys think they have game.

No no.

Saying your beautiful to a random girl most likely won't get you anywhere. Plus the girls that will respond to something like that aren't the type you want to mess with. Never open with a sexual response. That's a rookie mistake.

12. Que the angry insecure women of GC to come in and label all men as thought criminals.
    Wait there are plenty of threads with that silly line of thought.

13. I mean if you saying shit like nice tits you're in the wrong but say I strike up conversation at a bus stop or a grocery store, am I evil. Sure in the back of my mind I'm thinking I could probably fuck if I play my cards right but why is that a bad thing? Who don't like fucking O.O? But the main point isn't even getting laid it's passing time and if I can make a woman feel sexy or better about herself that's a plus...and if I get laid later down the road then that's just karma sending me good vibes

14. There is an ignore function in life, but that's besides the point that everyone is way to sensitive these days....

15. Bunch of freaks. You're the reason nobody ever talks to anybody anymore.

I only greet men in the street now, I don't even look at women.

16. Its getting scary out here man

17. True. There are some idiots that think that way. But alas! I have had my ass kicked more than once from acting in such a manner. I learned firsthand what it means to disrespect a woman. It just frustrates me when they can't take a compliment without thinking we want game.

18. I can truthfully say that I have never complemented a woman on her looks. I have a great smile and if eye contact is made I'll smile...

It's always worked well for me, and it's just a smile, not a creepy leering stare....and I smile at most everyone, so it's not just something 

that I do to women that I find attractive.

Being sincere works well in life.......

19. Guys hitting on me in the street didn't bother me at all until I started reading this thread. I had a guy be weird with me today at the gas station and I immediately was disgusted whereas before I would have laughed it off.

Progress.

20. #60 MisterSpicoli, Nov 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2014

Untrue. I'm an excellent (male) home health aide and am as empathetic as my female colleagues (and more than one).

Catcalling is fucking stupid and makes one look as such. Why not treat women with respect and actually talk to them like any decent human being would another.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.