Bees Organic Indoor 1st Grow (autoflower)

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by BeeArthur, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Hello all,

This is my first grow! I'm setting up a small personal grow, figured I'll keep a log here so I can log all my mistakes. Going organic cause I liked the idea of it over a bajillion nutes. I have enough ways to kill my plants without them.

Anyway, on to my set up:
    4x2x6.5 Grow tent
    60%/40% fox farms ocean forest to espoma organic perlite as a medium
    4x 3 gallon "smart pot" with with drainage grid in bottom
    4x small ceramic pots for seedlings
    2x 125w 2700/6500k dual spectrum CFL in 10.5 in reflector domes and 300w sockets.
    24 hour outlet timers
    Oscillating fan*
    Digital thermometer hydrometer combo*
    6in active air 400cfm inline fan w carbon filter and speed controller*

*:still in the mail

As for seeds, I did a lot of research because there is a hugeeeeeee variety of things available. I wanted simple and reliable for my first time. Also didn't want a plant that would be too big for my space. I settled on (2) massive midget autoflowering feminized seeds by heavyweight seeds, (1) fast & vast auto by heavyweight seeds, and (1) Patient Zero by random bag seed.( what I call my test dummy seed from a old bad)

Heavyweight Massive Midget Autoflowering Feminised Seeds Specs
    Genetics:Afghani/Nepalese Auto x Hawaiian/Jamaican Auto
    Type:Sativa 50% Indica 50%
    CBD:0.7%
    THC:18%
    Harvest Time:Approximately 8 weeks from germination
    Height:60-80cm
    Indoor Yield:450g/m2
    Outdoor Yield:90-180g per plant

"The power of this exotic strain, is beautifully hidden beneath its mouth watering tropical flavours, a must for all discerning smokers with an eye for quality. We've taken a highly stable Afghani/Nepalese autoflowering hybrid and then crossed it with our Jamaican/Hawaiian autoflowering hybrid to produce the Massive Midget. Tested through five generations for uniformity and stability this beauty is now amazing its growers with abundant yields of compact resin covered buds. The smoke is smooth with a citrus aroma and fruity-herbal flavour, the high is calm and highly creative, and its high CBD levels make it a useful medical strain with good pain relieving qualities."

Heavyweight Fast & Vast Autoflowering Feminised Seeds Specs

Genetics :Afghani x Skunk x White Dwarf
    Type :Indica 80%, Sativa 20%
    CBD :0.8%
    THC :17-19%
    Flowering time :Auto flowering
    Harvest :Approximately 8 weeks from germination
    Plant Height :100m-120cm
    Yield :600-800gr/m2

"If you're looking for maximum yields and maximum potency in an autoflowering strain then look no further. Fast was the first hurdle for Heavyweight, taking a sturdy white dwarf and crossing it with an auto skunk that would reach its full potential in 7 careful weeks, and then the Vast came when further crossing with a powerful Afghani auto. Great care has been taken to ensure that the high yields are not at the expense of quality, the long thick buds covered in sparkling crystals produce a high quality soft and sweet smoke with spicy undertones. The effect is very fast and knock out, leading to a long relaxed stone.

Don't expect Fast and Vast to perform like any ordinary auto, for this is no ordinary auto, it's a Heavyweight Auto!"

And the info on Patient Zero seed is:

Everything: unknown.

Day 0, November 1st: I used paper towel method to germinate the test subject, patient zero, two days ago. Paper towel folded over seed, then put in zip lock and placed on top of my cable box. Perfect amount of warmth, as the root was 6inches long. Wasn't expecting that. Moved the sprout to a small pot, watered, recovered with the zip lock, and put it under 20/4 light. Started germinating other 3 seeds using the same method.

Day 2, today: 3/3 strong starts on germs. All three seeds went in their small pot. All four watered and recovered. We also have some leaves on patient zero! Good to know I'm not a complete tard! I also added rubber bands to color coat each pot. Too many grow journals with people mixing plants up!

Pictures!

Attached Files:

2. Too many people calling it color coat too.
    Haha jk

You mean color code.

Congrats on the babies.

3. i'll be subbing, I love me some autos! hehe

4. No, you missed it. I secretly edited in the photo with the pots with different color jackets. :p

5. Day 3, nov 4th: re-potted patient zero as I didn't like how the root was sitting in the dirt, there was a huge section of root starting to show, so I reburied the root as carefully as possible in a larger pot.

Hydrometer/thermometer came in the mail, nice to see 45% humidity and 79F. I was worried both might have been too low.

And now for the news you actually care about............ image.jpg
    We have a midget sighting! One of the 2 massive midgets broke ground. Exciting!

Few extra pictures too

Attached Files:

6. Day 4: midget #2 broke ground. No photo since he was camera shy.

Question: my temps dropped to 70 overnight with lights off.... What is too low for temps during dark period?

7. #8 BeeArthur, Nov 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2014
    Day 8, nov9: Last few pieces came in. Got everything set up in the tent. The 6" inch fan seems huge haha. I haven't even been able to use the fan yet, it sucks all of the heat out of the tent and drops the humidity too low. From 79 to room temp for the house in seconds(mid 60s). Guess I'll have to get more lights that are actually warm.

Plants seem healthy. One is stuck with its pod still, but I was letting it fall off on its own when it's ready.

Attached Files:

8. #9 BeeArthur, Nov 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2014
    Day 16, nov 17th: I ordered a new mars2 400w LED, it should be here in the next 1-4 days.

Plants are growing steady. Here are a few pics. Everything look good?

Attached Files:

New pics? Where? I can't see them, I must be blind!!!
    Ahah, everything looks nice on their first week, but I can't see the pics from the 2nd week bro.

10. Hey! Fixed those pictures above

11. Day 19, nov 20: coolest scrog ever was made by my misses. A few sticks and some rope woulda been what I made, she did this: image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Day 20, today, led arrived! Pics when it's set up.

12. Led photobomb

Attached Files:

13. That's a pretty badass setup, Bee

Subbed and rated, good luck!

14. Thank you. Going to be doing photos about once per week. Wanna give myself a time lapse that's even, but this was a worthwhile early update

15. They seem getting bigger in every update, that is nice man :)
    So you continue using the 2x125w right? Making a total of 700w setup?

16. Yup, I'm using the 2 big CFLs still, going to use 1 as a spotlight and one to focus on seedlings in the future. Plants loved the new light, seemed to grow an inch each over night.

17. #18 OldMonkey, Nov 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2014
    You are really going to train automatic plants? Good luck for that. I heard it's not easy

18. This is a learning grow, gunna go with a bit of everything might lst 1 plant, use the screen for 1, grow one normal. Who knows, just wanna see what responds the best.

19. Oh, nice then. I dont want to discourage you, but the reason is hard to train auto strains, is that they barely have time to recover.
    But, it would something I would like to see, since I never done it, neither saw a good journal on automatic trained plants.