Help deciding how to train 8x3 space

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by zackw419, Nov 3, 2014.

1. #1 zackw419, Nov 3, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
    So I am growing under a staircase. Its an 8x3 space....the back end is barely usable as it is only about 2 ft high. the front end looks like it could handle 3ft plants If I keep them all in the room, but I can move the light and them and extend the grow area to allow then to get taller, but thats only worst case scenario. I want them short but im more limited width wise than height wise I would say, since I can't change the width. 

I am growing 9 plants all different strains, I feel really good about it. I'm learning so much everday.

The sort of grey area for me is plant training. I get the diff methods...but its one of those things you can't just "get" from pics as each plant is diff and considering how it relates to your space is another thing. 

I've already fimmed 3 plants at the 3rd node *i know its a bit early* and topped one at the third node. They are recovering just fine, they are healthy plants.

The style that appeals to me most off top is LST'ing the plant horizontally so it grows like a bush. But since WIDTH is a limiting factor, and I only have one light, Im wondering if this is not the most efficient way to go for my space, since I will have more freedom with height. 

Scroging seems cool but for some reason I don't want to deal with the screen. I want to learn to train plants without it. Also all my plants are at diff stages of growth more or less and being that they are different strains, Scrogging isnt ideal.

So im left with, in my mind, fimming and LSTing the branches down. Or going with the horizontal LST. I have a neviless haze so I think with that strain I am going to go horizontally, and I am ok with training them different, since I want to learn how the plant reacts to the training, but only if need be. 

I guess overall I just don't know what to expect, even after looking at other peoples trained plants, reading methods and so on...I still wonder with my plant what the best way to go is.

Heres an old pic of the room before it was fully setup. The largest plant I have going now isn't even a foot and has been alive for almost a month...I think

Strains:

\nCH9 Aroma 
    Blueberry Gum (G 13)
    Kandy Kush (reserva privada)
    Pre 98 Bubba (loud seeds)
    Nevilles haze x NL *mostly haze* (female seeds)
    White Widow (paradise seeds)
    La Confidential (DNA Genetics) 
    EWE 2 (Humboldt)
    C99  (G 13)

Panorama to get full view
    [​IMG]

Entrance to get an idea, the space right outside of the room is what I am considering extending to.
    [​IMG]

Thanks if you made it this far ;)

Peace