Call of duty: AW worth it?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by basedstoner, Nov 3, 2014.

1. I would love to see a WaW2. I feel like I'm in the minority when I say that WaW was one of the best/balanced cod. Had the best maps for CTF.
    I hear the multilayer for PC is optimized like shit, making it borderline unplayable. No surprise there considering it's just a port.

I get 60-120fps max setting at 1080p.

3. #43 AGoldenRaider, Nov 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2014
    Skip to 3:50, this is what I'm referring to. Not the first time I've heard these issues.
    Edit: forgot the link
    Call Of Duty Advanced Warfare Multiplayer Review …: http://youtu.be/CJLkM7MR8gQ

4. I also agree, waw was the best, and the best zombies were for waw. Der riese!

5. Not to mention the only cod that had dismemberment. Nothing better than blowin someones leg/arm off with a sniper while they're in mid air.

6. #46 Exhazer, Nov 10, 2014
    holy crap...ever since the update its been taking 4 hours to download 5.9GBs...wtf way to go SONY you convert back to you PS3 Servers or something? Even slaped the ethernet cord in lol. no difference at all. at least the download is almost done.

Must fix..or id rather update off a Xbox One.

7. I have it on the xbox one and its pretty cool... really fast paced and and not as realistic as i would like. Its sorta a ripoff of titan fall.. like cod black ops meets titanfall. But thats ok because i liked both of those games. IMO tho i believe battlefield has the potential to be a much better game in the future.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. According to the commercial, the graphics are outstanding! I thought it was an ad for a movie. Then I realized it was the game. Damn good graphics!! It kinda reminds me of the game infamous.. Looks fun.

9. #49 Exhazer, Nov 10, 2014
    Yo they made survival hard as fuck. My best is 7 Rounds so far...but im always the last guy alive and the only one reviving people of course...Graphics are pretty damn good. I would say better then BF4 actualy

I dont know why people choose the Light Exo suit..the Medium one fucks shit up! 

10. Guys, keep it to one thread.

Yeah people also still play Super Mario and the likes, why do you care and what is the "wakeup" that people need?
    Can't think of anything quite as narcissistic as entering a thread for a game you don't like and being smug about how you're above those who play it. 

The series has contributed to the gentrifying of first-person shooters and even ruining an entire era for the genre, without a doubt, but there is nothing worse than people who can't see past their own colon, claiming superiority because of their choice of entertainment. 

12. Picked it up last night, will hopefully play all day.

Stay Positive, Stay Based..

As long as there is a demand for rehashed garbage, money and effort will be put into that instead of something objectively better.

People need to wake up to the fact that they're being milked when they buy activision's yearly dropping.

I'm sorry but if telling it like it is is narcissistic then so be it.

14. What exactly are you expecting? People complain about no change, but if they changed the formula of cod drastically then people will bitch about it not being cod. Madden, NBA2k, Assassin's Creed, the list goes on and on of franchise games that are all fairly similar with each release. What else do you expect them to do besides improve the graphics and add new maps, weapons, skins, abilities, game modes; all of which AW did. They even made an entertaining single player which I've never expected out of a cod. Even though it was fairly predictable.

15. I have actually heard nothing but bad things about that game, but I'd say it's worth a try.

Feelin' good.

16. well.said

-yuri

17. I rented it from redbox. I think its a lot better than ghosts which I hated. Im gonna get it for black friday for $40 (xbox 360) since im still into destiny..

Hating on one series for the crimes of many is a double-standard, so I assume you agree about NHL, FIFA, Resident Evil, Super Mario, Battlefield, Halo, Tekken and many other beloved popular franchises for doing the exact same thing, yes? 

Whether you're right or wrong about Activision's greed is past my point. It's the fact that you're saying people need to "wake up" from liking a game, as if your opinion on it should be more valued than anyone else's. That has nothing to do with "telling like it is", it's just pure elitism. Why, in the first place, would you care about what other people use for entertainment? 

19. It's ok, it will be a lot better after they work out all the kinks with the online play.

7/10 for multiplayer

9/10 for campaign

If it gets fixed it will be pretty sweet.