Fitness Plan - HIIT

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by L, Nov 3, 2014.

1. #21 yurigadaisukida, Nov 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2014
    I don't understand why people keep trying to argue this side.

Nothing in science is ever as simple as a+b=c

Yes calories in and out have a lot to do with weight gain. But its not the only factor. You can easily gain weight on a calorie deficit if you eat improperly

fixed
    Its an extremely complex.subject and it very easy to gain weight even though you are calorie deficient
    That's irrelevant
    digestion is about chemistry
    The fact that far can be stored proves you wrong. Potential energy is why we gain weight
    That's irrelevant. Did you not read my.post?

If you eat EXACTLY THE SAME AMMOUNT OF CALORIES, but one person eats sugar and one eats protein, the sugar will get far and the protein wont.

This is because of a magical thing called chemistry
    Sorry I misspoke.
    They PRACTICALLY get turned into fat directly

High concentrations of blood sugar cause insulin spikes. Insulin spikes cause sugar to be stored as fat AND prevent the burning of fat. This means regardless of calorie ammount too can gain weight from sugar and alcohol

Once again this is scientifically proven
    Yes this is true. This is not the only thing that happens when you eat though

There is a lot of CHEMISTRY happening
    I'm also a biochem major btw. That title is meaningless
    But if you are a Bio major then you know all about insulin. So why the BS post?
    UNLESS there are other factors which there always are in science. Like say sugar vs fat vs protein. Or nutrient deficiency.

Its also proven that high intensity workouts burn fat better than long days at work (even though calorie usage is identical)

-yuri

you are basically assuring everyone that they will eventually starve to death, while losing weight? 
    with all these credentials i hope that this is not what you tell your clients. 

fail to see the point of stating this over and over... "eat less calories" is the worst advice to give, because it explains nothing, helps little, and leads to disasters in most cases.

if anything i would say "eat more calories, but pay attention to where they are coming from."

that's presuming someone is going to eat celery and nothing else.

i suggest to eat foods rich in calories:
    cage free organic eggs, avocados, quinoa, nuts, bananas, olive or coconut oil, mangoes (most fruit for that matter), most vegetables, even organic peanut butter.

cutting out junk food, sugars and processed foods works a lot better then counting calories on your fat-free low-sodium italian dressing full of chemicals.
    just put tablespoon of organic cider vinegar and some hemp oil. maybe some good quality balsamic vinegar. or olive oil.

p.s. and you can lose weight/fat while in caloric surplus if you are on strict ketogenic diet. 

3. #23 jiafu, Nov 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2014
    I'm not going to argue a controversial topic back and forth, but agree to disagree;

I will leave a few points saying;

- If you say digestion is about chemistry; it is true. Law of Thermodynamics should be one of the first things you learn in any Gen Chemistry in your first semester and the concepts apply to our body as well. However, genetics and your specific body metabolism does affect it so biology does come into play, but if something is scientifically proven, then that means thermodynamics concept does apply to our bodies.
    - Insulin spikes does not always cause sugars to be stored as fat, depending on how you use it and properly time it. Going with that, you should know then everything causes insulin spikes (yes some foods don't spike it as much).
    - I never denied high intensities workout to be detrimental.

I don't always use my credentials to prove things. I use my methods over a wide variety of clients in strength training and the results have spoken for themselves. Ask any unbiased medical professional and they will tell you that calories in/calories out lead to weight gain/loss. Ask any professional athlete/strength and conditioning coach and they will tell you the same thing as well. If it is possible to eat a lot and lose weight from it, I'm pretty sure our whole population would have hop on that bandwagon by now.

Ketogenic diets run a little bit differently from your traditional diets, so I can't comment much there since I have no experience doing so. But what I can say about ketogenic diets is eating whole foods compared to process foods is of course, nutritionally better and contains less calories than processed foods. One of the theories~ in regards to weight loss of ketogenic diets is the satiety of whole foods which leads to less consumption of foods which over a period of time, can lead to weight loss. Another theory~ is the loss of water weight in ketogenic diets, because running a ketogenic diet would require an increase in water intake. And we all know the average person does not consume an adequate amount of water in a given average day.

4. So basically, what you are saying is, its not JUST as simple as calories in calories out, that's just a big factor.

None of us denied that. So.I don't understand the argument seeing as we all agreed all along.

We all aagree calories in and calories out is a big factor. And we all agree that its not the only factor.

-yuri

medical professionals should follow up their advice on calories in vs calories out... with at least an ounce of explanation.

another point that you are missing is that you don't need to "eat a lot" ... you need to eat normally and simply pay attention to the foods you are eating. a low-calorie salad dressing always loses to the natural olive oil + apple cider vinegar, although one might have less calories than the other.

if you think that just saying "eat less calories" is a sufficient, professional advice then i don't know what else to add here.. besides this maybe:
    http://fourhourworkweek.com/2008/02/25/the-science-of-fat-loss-why-a-calorie-isnt-always-a-calorie/

6. You will have to do HIIT workout daily, take a good diet and portion each meal, keep track of calories and food intake per day, and be sure to get sleep and stay motivated.

7. In the beginning, consider doing HIIT Workouts 1-2 days a week, and doing them on regular basis. A consistent workout routine will help you achieve your fitness goal. You can also try running and yoga to burn some extra calories.