Cases Corner

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by case22, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Damn man! Amazing job thats quite a pull for an LED and just one tote o soil. Very impressed man.

2. Pretty impressed my self with those numbers. I really was only shooting for a few oz and seeds. Then gfba_3 came through all big dick swangin... or female equivalent...

Got me dreaming of getting a 22x22 tote and running 5 gfba_3 equivalent plants. I would be smitten if I could pull over 300g in a 2x2, but I think it is totally do-able. 

We shall see what the new house brings us in terms of grow space. I'm hoping the days of the 2x2 have come to a close. If not, I will make it my goal to max that bitch out; see how much I can wring out of 4 sqft. 

3. I want to see what kind of damage you'll do in a large space. If recreational gets legalized up there going to run 2- 4x4's for flower and a 2x4 for veg in a perpetual grow. Kinda want to get the DP90 for some bonsai and clones.

Yeah me too, I like the micro for the challenge, but if I want to eventually supplement my income with growing, I don't think a 2x2 is going to cut it, lol. I hope to at least have a 2x4, maybe a 4x4 at the new place, all depends on what size space we can afford. 

And I've got the pre-harvest GFBA_1 shots re-sized and uploaded for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy!

[​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
     ​
    Peace!

5. #145 case22, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2015
    Mother. Fucking. Fucker. 

I don't know how or why or what I was thinking but somehow the NLxS escaped my burp routine and started developing mold. I feel like an idiot right now. I suppose I'll have to water cure or something. Anyone else have any suggestions? Such a shame, the aroma on these was fucking amazing. 

Edit: Thinking a little more about it, I think maybe an alcohol extraction might work. Then pass that through some sort of screen, maybe a 73 or something just to be safe. All has not been in vain. Life is good. 

6. #146 case22, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2015
    I be all like 

[​IMG]

7. I hashed out the moldy NLxSkunk. There wasn't much on there so I just treated that shit like a tumor and took out a 1/4 all the way around each patch to get rid of the bulk of the stuff. I can count every single dab I've had in my entire life on both of my hands so I don't know what I'm talking about, but I will say, the stuff I made gets me super duper high   :hippie:

I've never made any sort of concentrate aside from budder and dry sift. So let me know what I should change! Especially on the purge, I just based it off some threads I had read recently. I want to learn how to make half way decent hash. I think I could really get into these "dabs" all the hip kids are doing these days  :poke:

Not to mention I really probably should stop smoking spliffs on the reg. Never really enjoyed a bowl unless it was the first rip, never wanted to have to worry about breaking a nice bong, so I landed on spliffs... turns out that shits addictive... who woulda thought. 

Anyway, I didn't want to buy any sort of blasting equipment so I went with a quick wash in some Ever Clear. Heres the run down:

Went with a 25 micron and a strainer

SAM_0059.jpg

SAM_0060.jpg

I threw all my bud in the grinder, froze it (I think I read that freezing helps some where?), froze the jar, and the ever clear has lived in the same spot in my freezer for about 4 years so it was already nice and chilly. 

I loaded up the jar, quickly dumped in enough ethanol to cover the buds. I let it sit 15 seconds then shook for 30 seconds. I passed it through the colander first to get it separated quickly, then passed that through a 25 micron screen. 
     The results

SAM_0061.jpg

SAM_0062.jpg

SAM_0067.jpg

With flash maybe? 

SAM_0070.jpg

Let it chill on a seedling mat for a few hours, then once it was getting thicker, later, and I sleepier, I moved it to the stove top for awhile while I preheated the oven. I eventually said fuck it and turned the electric burner on low and just set the pyrex on it for a few min then off for a few min and so on and so forth until it was evaporated.

Looks like the 25 didn't catch all the bits and pieces.
    SAM_0072.jpg

I don't know the skinny on heat and extracts but some dude on the internet said 200 so its gotta be right. Heated the over to 250 then dropped it down to 200 when I put in the pyrex. I don't know if it matters or not but I forgot to cover the dish. I heated it for about 13-15 min.

Fresh out out the over
    SAM_0073.jpg

With flash
    SAM_0075.jpg

I took it straight into the freezer and set it on some cooking mits. Let it chill for 2 hours. Then scraped it up with a razor blade... working with frozen oil is probably the stickiest thing in the world, but like how a ninja would be sticky if ninjas were sticky... It just turns into powder when its frozen and that powder flies all over your hands then next thing ya know its melted and not coming off.

SAM_0076.jpg

SAM_0078.jpg

Next I set it back on the burner on 2 for a bit, it started to boil a tad so I pulled it and went back and forth a few times, I was setting it on a floor lamp to take pictures of it since its pretty damn dark. The lamp was was pretty hot so I just left the plate on top of it for a bit after a few cycles on the stove and that was that.

SAM_0081.jpg

SAM_0082.jpg

SAM_0084.jpg

I think by the end of the process it was fairly decarbed. I hadnt smoked for a few hours while I was making it and between getting it all over my hands and then chewing it off, I got a nice long mellow high. 

If any of you fellas have any experience with alcohol extraction, please drop some knowledge bombs, I'd like to get this dialed in a bit.

I used about 14 grams of bud, and melted down about 3/8 of the frozen powder and wound up with 0.4g plus whatever is still on the plate. That is only a 7% return on some dank ass buds. Seems like there would be more but I know that alch doesn't produce the kinda numbers you see with butane. I still haven't done a second wash but I probably will eventually. 

Peace!

8. Now just got to get a pen so I can quit smearing it on papers and getting everything in my house sticky. 

9. First off...

Freeze the jars, the everclear, the herb, everything for several hours prior to processing. I just go ahead and put it in the night before.

Your material should be broken up as much as possible but not powdery. Hand crumble or food processor for a few pulses.

Put frozen material in frozen jar.

Pour frozen Everclear over material to cover.

Opinions vary on this step... Sit, shake, swirl. Whatever you think for about 45 seconds. I shake.

Strain into another frozen jar through kitchen strainer. I squeeze my material dry.

Take that mixture and strain through a non bleached coffee filter into another frozen jar or two. (It's slow process, more jars=quicker). You can attach the coffee filters over the jars and wrap a rubber band around it to hold. Just make a little "bowl" with the filter so you can pour some mixture in and let it strain. You don't want it pulled tight across the top of the jar.

Keep those jars in the fridge while straining. And keep the mixture refrigerated also.

Once all filtered. Poor into a Pyrex. Pyrex doesn't have to be frozen. Lol

Evaporate at room temp. May take up to 72 hours. (I see that you sped that up with heat. I haven't experimented with that during the evaporation stage).

After evaporated, I scrape up the material, place it on parchment paper, place the paper inside of a clean Pyrex, put that Pyrex inside another with a little water like a bath. Raise the heat slowly to around 130* and watch closely, move it around on the paper to even out and remove.

Freeze.

Shatter.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425962645.861943.jpg

Hit me up if I can help...

10. Bring yo shit here... I'll help you turn it into gold!

You scorched that shit with heat. Definitely decarbed which is partially the color and sappiness.

Use room temp or only the seedling mat to heat during evaporation. Really as long as you stay under 120F you're OK. It takes a while... Low and slow.

11. Lixx, thanks for the complete guide man! I'll try your method next. 

IH, yeah that shit is super clear. Looks like a runny disaster waiting to happen though. I would get that shit everywhere lol. The only BHO I have ever seen has a much more waxy consistency. 

CD, thanks dude. Yeah I was a bit worried about the heat. I think the oven thing came from the stickied iso thread here on GC. I didn't know if I needed to get it to a boil for the purge or not. Sounds as if I'm a bit off the mark. I'd love to run an ounce or so of this GFBA through your setup man. I don't think airport security feels the same way though  :laughing: .

12. No problem man! I can't get you what IH or CdPhalanx can, but that stuff in my pic was made that EXACT way and it was good. I've seen a lot of concentrate and it was by no means top shelf but it does the job and its affordable to make when you can't just take your trim or whatever to someone who is a pro. CD makes some awesome stuff. Check it out on IG. This will never compete with that but I believe it to be a safe and inexpensive alternative for you and me. Lol! BTW.... I got 8g back off of my last run with Vanilla Kush trim. Approx 1oz fresh frozen. Not bad... The only thing I bought was $30 bottle of booze.

13. God the GC app is pissing me off. Lol where ya been man I think you said you were sorta breaking from a grow for a bit right?

Man, I must not be doing something right if you got 8g back from 28. And I agree, CD's oil is legit. I'm lucky enough to be able to drop by his place from time to time experience the fruits of his labor... good shit... good shit. 

Super busy with the "real world" whatever that means. [​IMG]

But yeah, not a break by choice though; I miss it every day. I'm moving in May so this past run was the last until probably July at the earliest. Very much a bummer. I'll be in a medical state after the move though so that's cool. 

Until then I'm just collecting beans and dreaming of bigger and better grows. 

15. Best looking tote i ever seen buddy..and i seen a lot of shit LOL
    GOOD LUCK ON THE NEW HOUSE BLESSED BE
    let me know when it begins again..claps like a monkey

16. #157 case22, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2015

Thanks for stopping by WW.I don't know if I would go that far, but thank you for the kind words. Don't you worry, once I am growing again I'm going to be shouting it from the roof tops. 

So as long as you live within like a 3 block radius of me, you'll know. [​IMG]

Peace homies!

17. #158 case22, May 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2015
    Whats up everybody!

I was smoking on some of my celebratory nugs this evening and got the itch to share. 

Meet LSD, she was fan-fucking-tastic, if any of you have not had the opportunity to get acquainted with this little gem, I highly recommend it. Total mind fuck that hits you right in the front of you skull, like someone opened your brain and stuck an electric toothbrush in there for about 30 min, then just a happy, chill stone. 

Harvested two years ago

5-24 Harvest (2).JPG

The last nug today

water cure (6).JPG

Also, I figured out the e-cig fluid. Shit is pretty "dope".

_MG_2699.JPG

Very simple::  1g dry sift  >>  put in shot glass  >>  cover with alch  >>   .. you know the drill ...  >>  let evaporate  >>  mix in "EJ Mix" which is a blend of various weights of PEG at a ratio tailored to keeping cannabis in suspension  >>  drop shot glass in a pan of water about 140F  >>  stir with a wire or something small for a min or two  >>  Boom, Ecig juice. Now you are tokin' like a ninja. [​IMG]

Tips:
    You really don't need a lot of EJ, it is expensive, you can dissolve a shit ton of qwiso in a very small amount and then just dilute it with regular PG to get the desired strength. 

Some people say the EJ Mix tastes like shit, I didn't really notice, but supposedly there is a product called magic puff or something with magic in the title that tastes better. 

I was in a hurry and needed to get this through airport security so I added a little flavored nicotine free juice to the mix to cover the slight weed-like smell but I didn't check to see what it was made of, it was a VG / PG mix. I had read that VG will fuck up your mix and cause it to separate. Sure enough after adding the flavor it separated over night; a quick shake of the bottle takes care of it no problem, but it isn't as clear as it was. 

I did 1 gram dry sift, 1 mL EJ Mix, and 1 mL nicotine free juice, I can go to the moon if I want, but (6) 5 second rips on the trusty disposable Blackout X pen gets me a nice joint like high. 

I do small batches, next time I am just putting the dry sift straight in the dropper bottle and doing the whole process in the bottle so I mitigate any potential loss from stirrers, transfer from vessel to vessel, etc. 

Peace!

18. #159 case22, May 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2015
    Realized I completely forgot a step, I actually did filter this batch. I dissolved the dry sift in a shot glass  >>  tore off a small piece of paper towel  >> folded  >>  dropped in the bottom of one of the big measuring syringes I used back in the bottle fed days  >>  poured qwiso into back of syringe, replaced plunger  >>  squirted it into another shot glass  >>   evaporated

As for streamlining whole process in the dropper bottle, I should have said: next time I am evaporating the filtered qwiso directly in the dropper bottle.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

19. Looking like you and I will be starting up around the same time 👍