Cases Corner

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by case22, Nov 2, 2014.

1. TJ, don't you EVER apologize in this thread again!    :laughing:  

All ranting is both welcome and appreciated; it can't all be about me.  :smoke:

2. thanks so much TJ! Especially for the enzyme info on kelp + EWC vs SST. I've been meaning to try a neem/kelp tea, would that be adequate? Or kelp only? I see slurries being mentioned every now and then, what is that exactly?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Right on man :) :bongin: don't mind if I do then :p :lol:

Btw, I was looking thru your posts and you said that you added biochar to the soil. Was this "charged" with anything before you used it? I think that *may* be the source of your "funk". Looks like the ladies have gotten past the funk stage, though now :ey:

Yep, kelp meal has over 200 enzymes in it and worm castings are chaulk full of enzymes as well as all of the microbes that go around secreting more enzymes.

I don't have much experience with neem/kelp teas, but I can say with absolute confidence that kelp only will certainly help. That stuff is like magic... it's crazy lol. Neem probably wouldn't hurt.

A slurry of ewc and kelp meal would be a good option too. That's basically where you mix water and castings/compost to almost a Slurpee consistency.. If you were to brew/bubble a kelp tea for about 24 hrs (1 tablespoon kelp per gallon water), then add enough worm castings to turn it into a "slurry" and then apply, it would most certainly lead to a big boost in health. Kind of like a topdressing and a tea all at once. 'Coot does this and he calls it a "fix-it slurry". The name says it all lol.

4. thanks again TJ! I'm definitely gonna do the slurry next! I looked it up and found coots recipe right quick. My plants definitely need a quick boost. I can't bear watching them lose so many leaves

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Its nice to see some good info flowing in the thread  :hello:

Just smoked a fat spliff; Mac Dre's Cruising Jam followed by Free Loop Dub by Sublime set the perfect scene tonight to kick back and burn one. Though I would pass it on. :smoking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfTxxufo85Q​
     ​
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXBkk0sKfFE​

6. Hey man how goes it over there on your side of the forest?

7. Damnit it won't let me edit my post it keeps saying error. The only song that ever pops in my head with mac dre is the Thizzle Dance lol

8. Lol, the thizzle dance. I'm not too sure how things are looking on my side of the tracks; this thread be a little slow until second week of January as I'm out of town. A fellow blade is checking on them for me. I'll update you all once I get the skinny from him. Three weeks...

9. Ah damn! Well ill be crossin my fingers you come back to a huge jungle of all females and the buds are the size of cars! Boy wouldn't that be a nice surprise haha.

10. Wonder if it will need any training by now.

Well as long as nothing herms on me, we should have a nice sea of females when I return. InternationalHarvester sent me some pics of the ladies (and gentle man) on Saturday so I'll post those up later tonight. I will definitly be coming home to buds the size of cars... well... at least a healthy matchbox car. 

I duno man, I'm putting you in charge of that call, at least until I get back. At the very least, some tucking of the fan leaves to uncover some bud sites is probably in order. 

12. GFBA-NLxS_12-22 (1).jpg
    GFBA-NLxS_12-22 (2).jpg
    GFBA-NLxS_12-22 (3).jpg
    GFBA-NLxS_12-22 (4).jpg
    GFBA-NLxS_12-22 (5).jpg
    GFBA-NLxS_12-22 (6).jpg
    GFBA-NLxS_12-22 (7).jpg
    GFBA-NLxS_12-22 (8).jpg
    GFBA-NLxS_12-22 (9).jpg
    GFBA-NLxS_12-22 (10).jpg

13. Damn man, they all look happy and fantastic. Whoever is keeping an eye on em for ya is doin a good job. Better than anyone I know to take care of my plants haha.

That one in the back right is the beast of em all!

14. #75 case22, Dec 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2014

Hey thanks man. The photos were taken by @InternationalHarvester as I'm out of town.Check out his grow Skywalker Kush/Solar Spec LED/SCROG

Yeah she and the male I had were the pack leaders for sure, but I think I like the tightness of the one next to the tower fan (back left) better. I'd love to give them both a proper grow. I have never grown a plant without training them so this is new for me. I top the hell out of everything I grow. The lankyness of the girl on right might give better penetration i suppose.

Received some new pics again today. Those pics I posted yesterday were from the 20th I think. These are from this morning. The male keeps growing into the lights and burning himself... some people just don't learn... Hot water burn baby.

Man I can not wait to get back to these sexy bitches.

Attached Files:

15. Just got some new pics in!

Looks like the male is starting to bust his nuts all over the place. These girls have a storm comin and they dont even know it. e

Attached Files:

16. Happy new year to all!

17. #78 Dingus, Jan 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
    Hey case! Your plants are looking fab! I bet you can't wait to get back to them  :hello:  :bongin: are you about to fullllly pollinate them or selectively?

Got home last night, man its good to be back. No the plan is to selectively pollinate them. The pollen has been applied already. It was pollen collected from the tops of the leaves so I don't know how long pollen will stay viable chilling in open air, but a few of the buds have turned red and receded so I guess it worked. 

I took the tote out today for a little natural light photo shoot, man these girls are starting to look awful sexy. IRG, hands down best genetics of have had the pleasure to grow so far.  :hello:  :metal:

Lets do this!
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​