Cases Corner

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by case22, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Trim parties... not my ideal kind of party.

While I was out of town this weekend the NLxS got super dry and looked like it was on deaths door when I got back. I watered it on friday morning, sunday night it was bone dry. It was too small to drink that much water in 2 days so my only other guess is that since it is sitting on the mulch for 10gal, the mulch acted as a wick and sucked all the water out of the solo cup. 

I just fliped the GFBA to 12/12...  :metal:  :confused_2:

Mixed feelings on how small they are, but I bet this will turn out just fine. They have also all been assigned their ID numbers... Let the games begin. 

[​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
    [​IMG]
     ​
     ​
    That's all for now.

Peace!

2. Whats up everyone. Did a little tinkering today.

Prepped the hole that the NLxS will be going in when its ready. I figured I should dig the hole now so I don't fuck up the roots of the flowering gals once I do transplant. So I filled up a pot that the male keeper is going into and burried it in the soil so I have a non-violent hole waiting for me once the time is right. 

Also transplanted the NLxS into the same size pot so she can go a little longer between waterings and make the next round of transplanting easy. 

GFBA+NLxS_11-19 (1).JPG

GFBA+NLxS_11-19 (2).JPG

And the pack leader GFBA

GFBA+NLxS_11-19 (3).JPG

Later!

3. Whats up everyone. Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Plants are still growing, but I'm noticing some funk. I'd love some thoughts on what might be going on. I guess I probably need to start whipping up some teas, but I'd like to know whats going on in the soil, ya dig?

Group Shot

[​IMG]

GFBAs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

NLxSkunk, She is recovering from last weeks beat down. Ran dry, topped, and transplanted within 5 days.

[​IMG]

The funk I was talking about.

[​IMG]

Peace!

4. Subbed up! Hope all is well, you are going to love the GFBA! Sweet micro setup. Thanks, LF

5. Huston, we have a problem. Just got back into town and was really curious as to if any had shown sex. They most definitely have not. 

I checked, double checked, then checked again to make sure my timer was set right when I switched to 12/12. And with regards to the timer I was spot on. The only problem was I did not plug the light into the damn timed outlet. I never noticed because I make it a strict rule to not even go near the tent after hours. So we will see what happens with 5 teenage gfba going into flower in a 2x2.

Also pretty bummed because I wanted to have them sexed, separated, and stretched before I leave for 3 weeks in December. Looks as though that is not happening. Not off to a good start in terms of keeping to my original plans, but the gals look healthy and mas roots = mas buds so its all good  :metal:

6. A little update on the GFBAs...

11/26:

GFBA+NLxS_11-26 (1).JPG

12/1 - Snapped some pics of  is my favorite, gfba_6

GFBA+NLxS_12-1 (2).JPG

12/2 - Group shot

GFBA+NLxS_12-2.JPG

Also, any thoughts on this?

GFBA+NLxS_12-1 (3).JPG

Later!

7. Oh yeah, I never formally welcomed you to my corner, LF. Welcome aboard my friend. 

I've seen ya around most of the treads I linger in, do you have a journal around these parts I could check out?

8. Thanks for the formal welcome, glad to have found your corner! Don't have a journal yet, haven't ever started one and am still figuring out these electronics, lol. My job is slowing up a bit and I have a little more time now, maybe soon. Seems like a good way to reflect. Looking good in there, a little prairie! I wouldn't worry about the minor yellowing, maybe just a bit too hot of soil for the youngin- I would imagine she will grow out of it. Maybe a little more sensitive than the others, just my .02. Will be around, thanks for sharing! LF

9. My two remaining GFBA phenos. Hard to tell but 1 is on the left and another one is on the right. This is the test to cull down to my keeper for a bit. Not AW's screen, but staying healthy. Right now they are 30 days from flip. I do really enjoy this strain, props to IRG on this one for sure. Sorry about the crappy pic, just figured I would add to the GFBA topic. Last time took her 65 days from clone and have been really happy with her, maybe a dew more from seed. Going to bed.... ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1417582664.397243.jpg

10. #51 Dingus, Dec 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2014
    Hey case! My plants leaf issue kind of look similar to yours. I just posted pics, would you take a look? 

11. #52 case22, Dec 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2014
    Hey Dingus, sorry I missed this. Your plants are looking pretty similar to mine in those pics, I think LF is right in regards to my soil being too hot for the seedlings. When I mixed in the bio char I also reamended the old soil and didn't let it cook. I figured half a tsp (maybe a full tsp? I cant remember) of amendments per gal old soil would be fine but that was a complete shot in the dark.

And a little update, watered my gals yesterday and got a few shots.

I transplanted the NLxS into the tote a few days ago, when I pulled out the pot that had been reverving the the NLxS's spot, the ammount of soil mites that were chillin under there was insane! Hundreds of those little creatures scurrying around.

The ladies, and gentlemen, are starting to fill the tote pretty nicely. I can't wait to get the males out of there and give the girls some room to breathe. I'm pretty sure GFBA_6 is a dude, which I'm pretty stoked about since that's the best looking plant in there, tight node spacing, fast growth, he will make a good donor to the cause.

I'll be out of town for 3 weeks starting next week; I wonder what I will come back to. Anyhow, here are some pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Peace!

Edit: I don't know where the GFBA_5 pic went but it looks a lot like GFBA_2, just a little bigger. 

12. Those bitches are taking off man! Is the smell starting to roll in?

13. I hope mine grow out of it! I've added a little less than a tsp of each kelp meal, neem cake, crab shell meal and azomite and mixed that into a bunch of ewc and compost and then spread that into a layer on each plant underneath the mulch. 

[SIZE=14.3999996185303px]GFBA_6 has a bit of a, dare I say, grapefruit smell. I may be biased due to name but its got a bit of a tangy, [/SIZE]citrus-y flare to it.[SIZE=14.3999996185303px] And the NLxS has a faint skunky weed scent lingering about it that I only imagine will take off in the coming weeks. [/SIZE]

I don't know much about maintaining soil, but for a no-till I don't think it gets much better than that. 

16. hmm I wanna give them a compost tea next watering. Maybe that will help by adding more microbes to break down stuff an make it available to the roots. Ssts do the same but through enzymes right?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Yeah from what I understand. If your ladies are getting burned from the amendments in soil not being broken down, a SST would be a good route to take; the enzymes will jump start the breakdown process. 

I FINALLY INSTALLED THE MARS2 700!!!!

I decided to try running four 80mm pc fans parallel rather than the 3 inline. So there are two fan units each with a 2" x 8" x 3/4" bed of carbon in the bottom feeding into two pc fans. I forgot to build the one on the left backwards so only one fan in that unit is actually doing anything. 

Mars2_700 (1).JPG

I also dropped the tote about 6 inches down since these are going to keep on stretching I would imagine. 

GFBA+NLxS_12-10 (1).JPG

Peace!

18. Great job on installing the mars! Your plants are gonna explode now haha. I'm gonna do a compost tea next, since the issue arose I've already given two SST's without much improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. #60 donothinggardening, Dec 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2014
    Dude your tote is rockin'!!! Hellz yeah case, nice work dude. :D Babies are shinin'!! Can't wait to see 'em get their chunk on! :cool:

@dingus try a topdress of worm castings and kelp meal or a kelp meal tea. IME, ACT's aren't much of a miracle cure like Ingham says. Kelp and ewc are my two top amendments for sure. Most all of the enzymes found in SST's are also in kelp and ewc plus the huge range of plant hormones and other metabolites that come with those 2 items. Kelp tea is very fast acting. Topdressing is slower-acting but still very effective. Edit: lol my bad just saw your topdressing post. Usually takes 2 weeks before I begin to notice improvements after a topdress. Slurries might be faster. Btw, case I apologize for ranting on your thread! :eek: