My first grow...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by hinta91, Nov 2, 2014.

1. thanks man and thanks for noticing that i read somewhere had something to do with strain type but ill do more reading and how much bigger will she get

2. #22 oldskoolstoner, Nov 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2014
    well I just harvested my early finisher and as you can see theres not a single red stem so its not genetics
    View attachment 147965

and as for size this is my smallest think diferant
    View attachment 147967

that's a 20 liter airpot in the background and an old 42inch tv

eek sorry hinta just realised this not my journal, both have similar name. atleast you can see what think diferant can achieve though :D

3. Alright grow-hoes, just another update to let you see how this beast of a women is getting on.

I had to move the tent into another room temporally due to an un-sanctioned visitor, so I thought I'd get a few snaps of her out of her tent. The second picture is the main cola... ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415556203.321933.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415556231.689770.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415556251.066205.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415556262.667695.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415556278.266764.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415556295.254617.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415556312.921384.jpg

Howard Marks: A dealer is really just someone who buys more dope than he can smoke. And I have to say, I'm ashamed, I tried to smoke it all. There was just too fuckin' much of it.

4. What do you guys think?

Howard Marks: A dealer is really just someone who buys more dope than he can smoke. And I have to say, I'm ashamed, I tried to smoke it all. There was just too fuckin' much of it.

5. Haha cheers dude, yeah Howard marks is an absolute hero!!!

6. Haha I just realised that there, that's all good old school can't stay mad at you.

7. Just poked my head in the tent for a look and it's starting to get a bit frosty on the bud leaves...

This is getting more exciting now...

8. get rdy for the stink and the buds to swell :)

9. What's up guys, another quick update with pictures, the buds are starting to get bigger and frostier, I'm waiting on a microscope iPhone case so I'll get close pics then.

I am aware of the calcium deficiency, I just can't afford the cal mag till Thursday which is wank but nevermind, open to any advice at all...
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416263145.723558.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416263159.329205.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416263170.703595.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416263182.795938.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416263194.856879.jpg

10. you will find them buds will swell abit faster when u give her some cal mag :)

there seems to be some weirdness with your top leaves. the closing in on themselves could be too much heat, need more water or possibly rh

try get some pics at lights off, the flash wont do no harm. as long as its only a few mins I believe even a torch would be ok

11. Alright peeps, sorry I've just got on here now, got some pics, sorry in advance not the best of photographers. ;) had to use a torch, plus I'm quite shaky. But the cal mag came today, already gave it some, not sure if it's in my head or not but she does look slightly better than before, just wish I knew about the cal stuff in the first place... :,( but I suppose that's what mistakes are for, to learn from them. Any advice is welcome, thanks. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416612692.323350.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416612703.095711.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416612712.987978.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416612724.173745.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416612736.723698.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416612749.975348.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416612763.677070.jpg

12. Oh she is on a 24h cycle, has been since seed. Maybe that's partly the reason, but I've read with autos it's possible.

13. #34 oldskoolstoner, Nov 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2014
    seems u got multiple deficiencys wich you expect at end of flower, but looking at buds and pistols she only half way.

at a guess either you got lockout from not watering and getting run off, a bad soil mix or a lack of cal mag for a long time.

might wanna give loki or chef a nudge, they pretty good at diagnosing problems :)

EDIT: also looks like temp or rh been outta wack

14. Ah really? Damn! Well it's started getting the cal mag now, can I mix it with nutes? It went the whole time without the cal mag though. How do I get them to look? I have no idea how to use this app yet, still working it out. How many weeks would you say roughly? Thanks for the help though buddy I really appreciate it. 😊

15. hmm, I mix it with my organic feed with no problem. cant mix it with silicone and other feeds im not sure but think you can. mix a little in a jug with your nutes and see if it goes bitty, if not its fine.

to start off with cal mag, start at lowest dose and see how they respond. if new growth looks fine cut back a tiny bit, if not add abit more next feed. also try not to feed in cal mag in last 2 weeks same with all feeds unless organic.

with mine I started cal mag from seedlings ( just misting leaves), in stretch I fed with nutes at lowest dose, by end of stretch was upto full dose, then about 4 weeks into flower backed off to 3/4 strength.  Don't copy that exact, that was just what mine liked in my conditions.

hard to estimate time, but the buds look like mine did about 3-4 weeks, so in general id say another 4 weeks. but with the deficiencys it could be closer or further (not sure how deficiencys effect the pistols going orange or trichs going cloudy)

Have you looked at the trichs?? if they look like this they rdy. if they 50/50 cloudy clear got a while yet (depends how you like your stone though)
    View attachment 147569

I try get loki or chef over here they more clued up than me :)

oh and this is a healthy TD at end of flower (my smallest that finished early, other 2 chopping tomoz)
    View attachment 147967
    View attachment 147966
    View attachment 147875

16. Sup bro?

Chef.

17. 5 posts up for the pics, trying to help this guy :)

18. She has got alot of Defs...looks like you got RH problems too....
    What you feeding her?
    Whats you RH?
    Whats your lowest and highest temps?
    How long in flower?

Chef.

19. Hey dudes, just back from work, how's it going? I'm guessing "rh" is for humidity? 2mins I'll take a pick of the stuff I'm using. I know I don't have any sort of routine figured out in my feedings, no exact measures. It is very sloppy I'll admit but it's my first go. It's been under lights 24hours a day since the seed sprouted. But I don't have any timer so I'm going to add that into the next grow. The tent isn't even that big either. But I'll get a much bigger one next year, but I need to be able to grow one almost problem free before I scale up.