My first grow...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by hinta91, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Hey what's up guys? This is my first post and thread, double whammy!!!!

Well I started my first grow around two months ago....

I'm using Dutch passions Think Different seeds, but I've only got one beauty on the go at the moment. I've got a black orchid hydro-box light 50x50x100, a 300w generic LED light, black orchid small 4" carbon filter, inline fan, I used canna terra vegga for the veg and now I'm using bio bizz organic bio bloom and top max.

It's only started flowering the past couple of days and was just wondering how my First Lady looks...

You may see some dead leaves but these were a result of starting the grow without the ventilation... I know, my bad!
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1414926793.474468.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1414926809.234715.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1414926823.634878.jpg

Howard Marks: A dealer is really just someone who buys more dope than he can smoke. And I have to say, I'm ashamed, I tried to smoke it all. There was just too fuckin' much of it.

2. I think what is more important here is that you have the tmnt movie trailer on your tv in the background. Turtle Power man turtle power. As far as your first ladies go they seem to be coming along good, a micro led grow you got going on over there .25m3 is not a lot of room. 300w draw or is your led just labelsd 100x3? I think its more likely you are really using a 175-200w led light as draw is what counts not max wattage of diode. Glad you have the inline fan and carbon filter it will make all the difference in the world and with your small tent setup it will definitely be large enough. Normally I recommend a six inch fan for everything except a veg only tent. You can't even notice that I am flowering in my apt thanks to the wonderful invention. I personally hate auto flowering plants but in your small space single grow room design I can see where it would be temptiag to run them. I hope she gives you a good yield how large of a container is your plant in?

3. Haha thanks man but that wasn't the trailer my housemate was literally watching the movie!!! ;) ah thank you that means so much to read, as for the other details I'll have to get back to you on them as I am at work at the moment just bored, hence why I'm on here. But as for the light if say you are right about that because I haven't check the output myself and it just said 300w. I'll put some better pics on when I run home on my break, I'll take a pic of the setup to show you. I hope so too about the yield because I've only read good things about Think Different.

Howard Marks: A dealer is really just someone who buys more dope than he can smoke. And I have to say, I'm ashamed, I tried to smoke it all. There was just too fuckin' much of it.

4. Looks good man. Nice height and potential bud sites.

Keep doing what your doing. Update the thread so we see how it's coming along.

5. I'm just back from my lunch break now and I've taken some more pics of what I have dubbed "Operation Black Orchid" and it's getting a load more flowery. Here's some pics of ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1414940683.530729.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1414940709.330665.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1414940776.247872.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1414940810.462928.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1414940874.113429.jpg

6. I pressed reply before finishing... Tool... ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1414941072.660087.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1414941124.343309.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1414941164.294647.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1414941362.955329.jpg

Attached Files:

7. Lookin sweet bro.....looks quite sativa too actually, hope she don't stretch too much in the next couple weeks!

8. Thanks guys means a lot, I know this is only my first grow but I just feels right, you know? Like I should be doing it... I don't know if that sounds weird or not though. I hope so too mate, because there isn't much room between the light and the top "mini" cola anymore...

9. Another quick pic in her tent... ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1414957186.668873.jpg

10. Oof. Lookin good man!
    If I could make a suggestion though, look into topping and low stress training to help create a nice even canopy for your buds. Shoot, even that setup is perfect for a scrog.

11. Cheers lads I think you were both right there coz it was stretching fast, so I've taken some hemp wick and slowly bent over the the main bud, not sure if that was right but think I seen it somewhere.

12. Alright there people, just updating the thread here, since LST the main top, the others are really fighting for that top cola, I'm really quite amazed at the speed of growth here. Here's some pics, the main cola can be seen closer to the camera bent over with hemp wick. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415055230.169104.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415055244.818828.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415055260.649705.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415055271.917809.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415055282.477303.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415055294.969704.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415055308.354734.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415055319.981269.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415055334.417236.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415055350.864912.jpg

The second last pic is a close up of the main one. Sorry the lights were on.

13. Looks bomb.

14. Thanks dude, just glad my first grow is going so well.

15. That light is purple for sure, mine is much more pinkish than that. You generic is a reflector model that's cool mine is an apollo 25x3 and it has four reflectors for each of the 25x3 cob led panel. You can probably lst an auto but you gotta make sure to be careful. They always say to just let auto do his ....

16. #17 hinta91, Nov 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2014
    Yeah well I do have both lights on, the grow and bloom switches, I figured give as much light as possible during this fun stage.
    As for the LST I'm only really doing it because the top was getting close to the light so I thought I'd get on it quick, it's just the main stem I've brought down level with the rest.

17. #18 oldskoolstoner, Nov 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2014
    haha found ya thread ^^

you gonna love think diferant, growing 3 of them atm. they are beasts and smell amazing.

if she turns out like mine you got a little stretch left, buds abit slow to start but then they explode every day

EDIT: its ok to lst autos, but try not to do this. although for me it made 1 fat nug Oo
    View attachment 147206

18. thats looks fucking sweet bro looking really good im on my first grow have a look at ther 35days old

Attached Files:

19. #20 oldskoolstoner, Nov 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2014
    looking really good, especially for a 1st timer :)

just be rdy for her to get bigger

EDIT: just noticed a slight redding on the stems, cal mag stopped that for me :)