First grow - 90w led/cfl combo 3x Northern Lights Autoflower

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by SmokedOutandHigh, Nov 2, 2014.

1. #21 SmokedOutandHigh, Dec 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2014
    Day 32

What up Food, sorry for taking so long just kinda lagged out on this for a minute. I'll check out your grow for sure. The different seed banks will definitely be interesting.

The dimensions for the space are probably around 3'6"wide x 3' length (front to back) x and about 4' of space from the top of the plant containers to the ceiling of it. Ventilation of my space is nothing but a fan and a open door, it stays about 73-85 usually about 80. I might add some more lights, or I might wait just to see what this gets, I don't know, not a huge concern as this isn't a real huge high maintenance grow.. Just moved the Led up 6in though to reduce some curling and it seems to have worked and covers more area/ - less powerful light.

Smell is nothing too significant yet, at least not for my setting meaning the house doesn't smell completely dank. There is some, it just smells like flowers also a tiny bit skunky but if someone isn't right on top of it, in my room, they aren't going to notice.  

Also I burned #1, flushed it, it's making some sort of comeback, but the other #2 has way more leaves and is greener... 
    Did these enter flowering already too? Seems pretty soon but what do I know.

Attached Files:

2. Yeah dude those are flowering.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. nice your almost there hope things go smoothly mann

4. #24 SmokedOutandHigh, Dec 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
    Day 39

Hey thanks for the advice and encouragement guys, cause maan this shit's a waiting game.  Anyway, looks like both plants are flowering and healthier than they were. Lst is developing nicely. I added Iguana Juice Bloom about 1/4 strength for the water yesterday, I'll do it again in 3-4 days but they seem to be fine with it, smells like old nasty fish water.. any thoughts on feeding sched. for auto's? Thanks again people that are tuning in..

Attached Files:

5. #25 SmokedOutandHigh, Dec 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2014
    Day 50

So we're back. Plant 1(left) has some decent buds on it while 2 is just starting to develop them. The tag for these say 9-10 weeks from seed, so 63-70 days total, which means 13-20(some) days left till harvest.

The ONA block pro that I bought kicks ass at fighting odor, effectively neutralizing it before it leaves the room, though the strain doesn't smell a ton anyway. When you lightly squeeze the buds it smells like straight pine and goodness on your hands, but you can be 1ft away from the plants if they aren't disturbed and not smell anything other than plant.

Next time I'll go with better soil and maybe a couple more options for nutes like iguana juice grow and cal-mag. What I used is working for this grow, but the plants obviously aren't in prime health. That's fine for now though, I am just figuring out what I'm doing.

I'm getting pretty excited, harder and harder to not snag something off the bushes.. though I might grab something small for Christmas.. 

Some bud shots of two diff buds too.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      1.7 MB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      1.8 MB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      1.7 MB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      1.4 MB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      1.7 MB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      494.4 KB
      Views:
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      526 KB
      Views:
    • 8.jpg
      8.jpg
      File size:
      331.7 KB
      Views:
    • 9.jpg
      9.jpg
      File size:
      370.3 KB
      Views:
  6. Day 65-75

Alright just to finish this up, here are the results of the grow. All in all I ended up with about 50ish grams, minus the around 5-10 I pulled off in anticipation. The leaves were getting pretty ghetto at the tail too. I  harvested plant 1 about 10 days before the other and harvested both so soon because I found out I was moving.. so had to flush sooner than expected. A little disappointing in yield but potency was pretty good, and I wasn't expecting a whole lot as I didn't put in a whole ton of effort. Obviously this was nowhere near a professional grow but next time I'll be using air pots, better soil, more nutrients, and at least a 400w hps. Did a little more trim job on most of the buds before I smoked them so they look a little shoddy in the pics, oh well, you get the picture.

So for a smoke report on Northern Lights Auto:
    Breeder: Royal Queen Seeds

Bag appeal: eh it looked alright

Smell: Didn't have hardly any smell for most of the grow, a little skunky but the ONA block masked everything up well. After it dried and cured it had a nice fruity smell but this was pretty much the only point at which it smelled fruity.

Taste: Clearly an Indica taste of fruit and light skunk, didn't taste as good as I thought it would.

Effect: Pure Indica, left me a little bored with the high wanting more complexity. Still got nice and stoned though.

Final thoughts: It was good and a fun learning experience, probably will not grow this strain again though, as I said, a little boring.

Pictures are plant 1 & 2 in chronological order. Peace.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      1.5 MB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      1.5 MB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg