How Much Do You Tip?

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by quadridincopedipper, Nov 2, 2014.

1. I tip my budtenders when the tip jar is present (as it always is.) I like my budtenders so I always tip my last dollar or two, even if I don't have money for the bus fare home. Supposing I'm buying in larger than an eighth, I try to tip one Lincoln to look nice. Most of the time General Washington has a twin. Granted, my donation ranges are for less than dub purchases on hooked up dank grams. When I had a job I was on them quarters like fire on oxygen. [​IMG]

Being broke and jobless doesn't constitute cheapness.

2. I tip a dollar on every drink at a bar unless it's something super fancy (usually amounts to around 30% tip) I tip a couple $$ at the weed store but I rarely buy in quantities these days. 30% at a restaurant, always.

3. Sorry, I suck at tipping and I generally don't unless the service was excellent and the person helping me really went out of his/her way to help. I just don't believe in tipping. It degrades the workers. There's no reason why an employer, say a restaurant, can't raise prices to support living wages for their people.

4. Typically 20%, more if I liked the service. If bill is small, then I'll usually do a universal 5 dollars. Fancy restaurant I'll usually tip at least a hundred.

5. I always tip well, especially bud tenders, i know how much they make.
    Usually 10 or 20.
    when I go eat sushi. At least 50. But I always get hooked up, i tip a 20 before I sit at the bar
    ;)

6. I tip fat since I work as a busboy currently

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. I make sure non tippers don't have incentive to return to my bar! Maharaj
    I'm evil..

8. How does tipping degrade workers? And if they do a good job its no longer degrading?

9. Honestly I usually tip about 50% every time and my gf HATES it. I just feel like if I have a decent job & enough money to live comfortably, why not give a $10 or $15 tip? I used to work delivering pizzas so I know that a lot of people are lousy tippers.

10. Yeah in a perfect world. The only problem is that they really don't want to raise prices to supply their workers. Higher prices generally leads to less customers which leads to less pay, and no tips, all together. But say that didn't happen. The business owner still wouldn't want to do it because they're greedy (most of the time, probably) so it's up to the customer to act like a human being and help provide for people literally doing whatever they can to get a tip. I think there's a moral obligation to tip, because you're their only chance. Sorry if I sounded like I was violently disagreeing with you, that wasn't the intention.

• Like Like x 1
  11. 20%.

My cousin over in England was horrified
    and called everyone in the family after
    lunch at Browns one afternoon.
    They don't tip well over there.

12. I don't tip any money. Waiters/bartenders in Canberra already get paid a decent hourly wage, normally around $20/hour) so I don't feel the need to give them a tax-free extra.

13. Bare minimum 20% unless they were 100% fucking terrible. If you are rude to me for no reason I will not tip you, but if you go above and beyond expect a fat tip 100%+

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1