Solar Spec 1040 WHITE LED vs Mars II 2100

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by DDP, Nov 1, 2014.

1. #41 Lixx, Nov 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2014
    Having grown the auto now and seen how it's done, first, would you grow another auto and second, would you still opt for the 5 gallon bucket. If not the 5, what would you use. I've always tossed around the idea if doing a bunch of autos SOG style but in small containers. Maybe like 2 liter soda bottles for a little added depth to aid in root growth, but tall and skinny so you could put em close together and cram em I'm there. I grow in a cabinet, mind you. Just curious. I think a bunch of autos might yield as much as one plant in my current setup. ??? Maybe more. ???

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. And.... Which bud is so dense? The SBA or the WWxBB.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Yeah, I'll try another auto. But won't keep it in 3" container haha thought I had more time to transplant it. Next time I'll transplant very early or just sow it in a 5gal.

I personally wouldn't bother with an auto SOG. That's a lot of money in seeds. Clones of a photo plant, sure. But to me it is a waste of seed money purposely keeping them small. My auto seeds (1 or 2 more) were freebees, I don't see any benifit to growing an auto. If you screw ANYTHING up your screwed because you are growing against the clock... If this auto has real good flavor or something stand out about it maybe I'll buy seeds, but as it is I have enough seeds for several more grows without duplicating strains...

The test but is... Wait you should be able to ID it... It DOESNT look like WWXBB, far to furry :) it's the sweet black angel. The WW is almost as dense though, maybe I'll have to add a variable to my testing hahaha

Ok slightly more scientific testing
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415167179.087509.jpg
    Marked the cat box dividing it into 8 areas, I just added 25.0 grams of previously frozen and chopped bell pepper and young coconut meat into zone 1. I will TRY to do this every day changing zones. Doing this I can get a good idea how much food can be processed in a day/week. I have damp newsprint (shoe stuffing) and a piece of cardboard on top of the worms. When I took off the lid, worms were just hanging out on top. Soon as they saw light everyone started squirming and diving down for safety. Pretty cool to watch!

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1341205-solar-spec-1040-white-led-vs-mars-ii-2100.html#entry20859361

4. Everything is looking good over there in Thailand nice pics. I went with 2 8" hurricane fans the place I'm ordering them from has the ducting so I don't have to look for it.

5. I thought it might be the SBA but figured I should ask. And as far as the autos go, I came a cross someone with several but they don't care to grow em. Thats where the "auto-SOG" idea came from. I agree with you. Too much $$$$ for that kind of setup. As far as the "furriness" of the WWxBB. Mine is pretty damn furry. Tons of red hairs. I've had people ask if it was the lighting making the pictures of the buds look like they do. Lol! Check it...

P1090249.JPG P1090250.JPG

Pretty dense too!

6. Ups just dropped off two of the Mars panels I can barly see to type this damn there bright I know your not supposed to look at them but I couldn't help myself. These are the smallest panels out of the 7 I ordered it's going to be a bright ass grow room lol what glasses do you guys use? There's no way I can work around these lights without going blind

7. Lol I hate that purple looking lighting. So hard to see ANYTHING, even the plants underneath it! I don't use glasses and I work right under the white lights just fine. Haven't had any issues so far :) then again I've never looked directly into them xD

Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. I know your not supposed to look at them but I wanted to make sure all the LEDs were working holy shit there bright and there just the 400s I'm not even going to look at the solar spec ones when they get here F that. I have polarized glasses for fishing I'll use them there better then nothing. I only had one on at a time it's going to be bright as hell when I have all 7 on and my other panels are bigger. I'm glad they throw some heat I only had it on for 30 seconds and I could feel the heat my basement is cool so this will help.

9. Sweet sweet can't wait to see it all go down! You have a link to the fans you bought? I'm going to be venting a 17x10 space and need to look into carbon filters and fans.

10. I found everything on this site http://www.hydrowholesale.com/inline-fans nutes,filter,fans and everything else I needed one stop shop. The prices are really good to they have 8" hurricane inline fans with 745 cfm for only 118$ that's crazy

11. I'm using two fans I didn't feel like working with 12 or 14 inch ducting

12. Hey DDP! Thought i would stop by. This is GoingGreen from OG! Name was taken here so i used my old one. This is so awesome man.
    Does it seem you have to have the MarsII a few inches higher than the rest of the plants in your grow? Seems like i had to do that. In flower my mars has to stay around 25 inches and the SS have to stay around 21. I'm so watching your Journal!

13. How high do you have them in veg? I'm using the Mars ll and solar spec for both

14. Hey man! Quite the set up you've got going over there, I'd stop by more but the mobile app for that site is very hard to handle!

Your girls are looking mighty fine tho! Those glasses are pretty awesome, what's the name of them?

15. agreed, I like your thread but the iOS app is awefull! I do apologize I fell behind on your thread

I've been lowering the Mars lights every couple days, but was waiting/expecting a stretch outa the plants like I'm getting in the SS tent.

Huh, I had opposite results, I've had plants grow up and get stuck under the Mars, where as if I get the SS too close, the plants are NOT happy. Let me finish my cup of coffee, get my girl off to work and I'll do an update with light measurements. I just peeked at the girls, either I'm going crazy (quite plausible) or else turning on the red LEDS over the mango had MAJOR impact in one day... I'm almost hoping it's my imagination, if not holy crap 8' tent may not cut it...

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1341205-solar-spec-1040-white-led-vs-mars-ii-2100.html#entry20859361

16. Are you saying the Mars is doing better then the solar spec?

17. No, I'm not saying that at all. However I am not saying the SS is doing better either.

It has only been a week since 12 hour flip, plus a few days of veg under the SS. All plants under Mars, are looking good. The 3 "brand name" plants under SS are also looking good and starting to stretch like crazy. Not better or worse yet, just different. This may be light, may be genetics. This is why I have a mango haze under both lights so I can get a side by side comparison.
    The wild Thai bag seed is a bit of a pain. I've vegged several and tried to flower a few but always ditched the. Except for one I grew out doors that was beautiful... Until it got infested with scale bugs (?) and I had to chop it. The Thai plant seems to be doing better under the more intense light, but can't really say much without some more time.

18. I'm going to mix them up I'll have 4 panels in flower it will be SS then Mars then SS then Mars I'll have them in a line and get the best of both of them on each plant I hope I'll probably rotate the plants every other day. In veg I'll have SS a Mars in the middle then a SS if that makes sense. So my girls should get both white and full spectrum it should be interesting to see how it turns out. I have like 25 bag seeds but I'm not going to waste my time on them I'm going to give them to a friend I have no clue what they are all I know is you get what you get around here and it's usually mids. I'm going to order some seeds from nirvana did you or anyone you know for sure grow any of there white widow,northern lights or ak47? I'm interested in those strains but I'm not sure witch one would be good to get from nirvana I'm kinda leaning towards ak47 but I don't know how it is from there.

19. Day 6 update:
    Mars lights are 12-18" depending due to angle of lights, I still have one plant that isn't well lit but good enough for now.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415236394.682088.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415236412.749081.jpg
    This second pic you can see two totally different looking mango haze. The one with smaller thinner leaves was a runt seedling I didn't expect to survive. The other (2) mangos sprouted weeks late but quickly outgrew the original. Looking back, my white widow grew small like the mango haze... It may have been a clone from one of my 3 original WW that did the same thing, a runt that took a long time to get growing... I'll have to make a mental note of this for future grows.
    I may have to throw my SS150 in this tent just for photos, it's so damn hard to see under the red light.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415236716.448438.jpg
    SS is about 18" other than the wild Thai which is about 12". I can't believe how fast the other 3 are catching up to the beast!
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415236793.482145.jpg here you can see how much the back right plant has stretched in one day.
    Hope to pull the girls out today for some LST and maybe a little trimming of the bottom.

WORMS: added 25 grams to zone 2, opening up the bin I saw instantly the worms are hungry! Yesterday's feeding was surrounded by worms and the food started to move as soon as the worms saw light :) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415236982.232326.jpg
    Just realized I chopped up the bell peppers but not the coconut meat, oops I'll have to fix that tomorrow. Wonder if there is a process change if the food is chopped up fine or even puréed in a blender before feeding... Hmmmm more variables.

The other day the bowl broke for my bong. Luckily I had a spare. Last night I went to buy a replacement.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415237190.567829.jpg
    New bowl is a bit smaller than before but that may work better, I usually only smoke half a bowl before I dump it as I hate the burnt taste. Also picked up some raw wrappers, stupid me was overwhelmed by the choices and bought king size...I almost never roll joints, but figured I'd give it a go. Just rolled a smoke with some nice tobacco I have and gotta say the king size is a PITA for me, also the texture is interesting compared to regular white papers... Hmm just lit it, the DIY roll up "tips" are interesting, I need to try more but I think I like them.

20. Nice pics is that big bud from that little shorty in the white 5 gal bucket?