Buying a Pax...

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by shklee06, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Want to get my man a pax for Christmas, & I noticed that there's tons of other things I can buy with it (charger kit, cleaning stuff, extras, ect) so my main question is out of the extras that are available what is actually worth buying? Any opinions/help is much appreciated! Thanks in advance

💚✌

2. Pax is amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. #3 Waxy_Pax, Nov 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2014
    Agreed pax is awesome! Get a lot of cleaning tools because when it gets really dirty it may not work properly. Usually that's the main issue if your pax doesn't work and this is coming from my personal experience.

Sent from my iBong

4. The pax and the cano are the two most overrated vapes imho. As far as the pax goes the maintenance is enough to keep that vape out of my collection. If I was looking for a vape with that kind of form factor I would get the Indica. It is a conduction based vape just like the pax except not nearly as much maintenance and it heats the herb on multiple walls of the chamber instead of just the bottom for a more consistent color throughout your herbs.

5. pax is great.  you don' have to buy the extra stuff.  i've had mine for a while now and i clean mine with q-tips, pipe cleaner, and alcohol.  maintenance is definitely necessary, but it's not so often that it bothers me.  their warranty is great.  i've had mine renewed without issue before.

6. i love pax. only thing is you're gonna need to clean it regularly. which means you're gonna need to buy iso, pipe cleaners and pax lube. pax lube is a MUST
    but you should peep the firefly. i've heard good things about it. i own the pax and would recommend, but there's new shit on the market all the time

7. #7 lwien, Nov 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2014
    The PAX is a 100% conduction based vape and as such, it is constantly cooking your herb as it's heating up, in-between hits and as it's cooling down.     The negatively affects the efficiency, the taste, the smell and the maintenance.      It has the reputation of not only being a weed hog but also one of the smelliest portables on the market.

It has a great stealthy form factor though.

8. If your willing to spend that much on the Pax, I would just drop an extra $150 and get the Crafty vaporizer. 

Much better in terms of efficiency and vapor quality. It's also the perfect size to use on the go. 

9. I thought I wanted a Pax until I saw found out about Ascent by DaVinci. I haven't tried a pax but the Ascent is very impressive. Almost the same price tag.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. pax sux imo

11. I've had the pax for over a year now and I love it. Very simple to use and clean. By far one of the easiest vapes to use. As long as your ovens packed, just click up the mouth piece and go. No having to click buttons 5 times to turn it. Might I add that the oven for the pax is quite larger then most other handheld vapes so you can easily get a few sessions out of one oven full

12. Pax is a little pricey but it certainly delivers.  Everyone rips on how its high maintenance but all smoking devices should be cleaned regularly imo.  It does constantly cook your herb so it is recommended to use a full oven in one go for maximum efficiency.  You can use metal screens to make your oven smaller as packing only a half oven doesn't work so well.  I would recommend buying extra lube from pax, and a bottle of iso as well as a package of pipe cleaners.

View attachment 137295