Heavyweight Fast and Vast/ Afghan Kush Ryder 300w LED cabinet

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Thefarmer1, Oct 31, 2014.

nice girl, great job, haha :bongin:

looks great haha :bongin:

3. Yeah that seems to be the consensus I'm pretty excited! Thanks for checking it out homie.

4. Thanks for stopping by Sara ;)

5. afghan Kush Ryder looking great.

Did some research into the phenotypes, seems I've got the short compact version which seems a bit less common. Kind of bummed but I think it'll still produce well.

Began feeding her Big Bloom and Floralicious plus today. Hopefully at correct levels, though I have yet to ever burn a plant! ;)

Attached Files:

6. #26 Thefarmer1, Nov 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2014
    Will be posting a new, more detailed grow journal for my Humboldt Blue Dream Auto and Dinafem White Widow Auto in about a day or so, so stay tuned! Happy Saturday all!

Also excited to say I will be starting a Cannabis Club in southern MI in about a year where we can get caregivers together in a more organized setting so that patients never have to worry about finding a quality caregiver. More details on that soon and I hope to find more MI MMJ growers around here who might be interested. If any of you are from south MI shoot me a PM.

7. #27 Thefarmer1, Nov 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2014
    Well my AKR just survived an attack by one of our cats. Was not to happy with her but I think my lady will be a-okay.

Also a little preview of my next journal with some pics of the blue dream auto starting out. She's a week old and my dinafem WW is sitting next to her, just popped the germInated seed in the dirt.

Attached Files:

8. Looking great man! I'm also planning to use smart pots my for next grow. Do you have good experience with them, or is this the first time you are using them?

9. Actually it's my first run with them! I wanted to grow more in my limited space but using small pots always makes me nervous that they will get rootbound. So I guess it's the "air pruning" which I really like. This will allow me to do 4 small autos in my cabinet in small 2/3 gallon smart pots without much worry.

I figure if they all get big I can LST if there's limited headroom. I am thinking of getting a tent eventually, but I will probably still use this cabinet for autos. I love micro grows.

They're also great for beginners who seem to ALWAYS over water. Haha. I killed 3 northern lights autos via overwatering when I first started. But these pots will drain any excess right away which can lead to a mess if not prepared. Otherwise they seem to be working great I have zero complaints!

10. Haha are you me? I did exactly the same  :rolleyes:
    Thanks for the information, now I'm definitely gonna use the smart pots next grow!  :hello: 

11. Doppelgänger is that you? Lol that's pretty strange. Ordered a pack of Vision NL Autos and I drowned those things. Too funny.

Yeah I like them, a lot of people like those air pots too and say they are better but I've never had the chance to try em, one day!

I forgot to mention, my only complaint with the smart pots is that I am big into LST and it's somewhat hard to do if you're attaching the tie off to the fabric. Kind of just pulls it inward. Tried attaching a wooden rod to the side of the pot but it still gave me issues. I think next time I will try a new idea which is putting small wooden stakes in the dirt amd them twist tying them to the sticks. Kind of hard to envision but well see what happens!

12. #32 Thefarmer1, Nov 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2014
    First of all just want to let anyone know I'll be switching to a main journal for my perpetual setup. Will be finishing up this AKR and Blue Dream Autoflowers and then will be switching to photoperiod cannabis 12/12 perpetually (my hope). Have a Barmeys LSD getting ready to pop to start us off. Also a breeding journal in the near ish future. stay tuned! Will post the link to the new journal when I get it up.

Hopefully all will continue to follow me on my new official journal. It will be much better structured, detailed to the T and updated always!

///Anyway, just a few updated pics of the Kush Ryder. starting to fatten up and the hairs are just now starting to turn orange on a few tips. I expect the bud to get double it's sized. It has been a real slower going phenotype but she's a little beauty!

Realized her PH was off a bit and I jacked the PH of the nutes up a bit and will be adding lime. After increasing PH of nute solution it showed very minimal nute burn which hasn't happened yet. This tells me the plant is taking in a lot more nutes than it has and maybe contributed to it's slower growth. Always getting better at this I suppose!

Attached Files: