Professor giving me poor grades and I think I deserve better. Should I comment to him?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Wiseguys, Oct 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I would schedule a time to meet with your prof and just simply ask why you received the grade that you did; you believe it deserved a better grade.  Ask in a humble way, so ask what to do to get a better grade.

He/she might end up re-reading it and changing the grade on it, if not, then you know now what you need to do to improve your grade in his class.

I will also say that some profs were just very tough graders and on somethings you really couldn't expect to get over certain grade.  And on top of that papers are notoriously hard to grade, I mean what is a perfect paper? Can you even truly determine something like that.

2. If you're going to talk to the prof, be prepared to be polite and respectful. Be sure to be able to tell your prof EXACTLY why you feel you deserve a better grade, and not just cause the sun may or may not shine out your ass. Reference the actual assignment, demonstrate that you actually critically thought about the course material and internalized it. Maybe you should have elaborated on your points more?

3. #23 Wiseguys, Oct 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2014

True and true.  Especially a paper like this, to look for a perfect paper and hand out a 70 is a bit harsh.  I can't imagine anyone getting lower than a 70 on it but who knows.  It was 14 out of 20 points, so that's a 70, 

I think I had to actually dumb down the paper in order to get a better grade.  Like just ramble on about the topic saying random things.  Some of the other papers were filled with "I think"...I was always taught to never really write like that.  When you're expressing your opinion you don't need to say you think along with it.  These people sounded like they were unsure of everything.  Like I said one of these "exemplary" papers ended their conclusion with a question.  2 out of the 3 were good papers, but so was mine.  Definitely wasn't a difference of a C to an A.
     ​
    Thanks I'm going to let him know.  I want to wait to see if I get my midterm grade back first because if he gives me a bad mid-term grade I'll lose it.  My mid-term should be an A easily.  It's an online class so he left a comment with my grade,  He left his rather unhelpful comment as usual but there's a text box that I can respond with a comment.  I'm thinking about responding in that box to the grade that was given. 

4. Is nobody going to point out that Wiseguys just jumped down TokinRose's throat, and it was the first post she made in this thread?

[​IMG]

5. #25 Wiseguys, Oct 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2014
    tl;dr
    Nah seriously though, you done?

Now that you scolded me and pretended to know everything.  I'm really glad you covered all that, valuable life lessons in there.  I love how you go on and on telling me I didn't do enough work or put enough effort, that I'm going to get D's, and then tell me it could just be the teacher and you''ve had one before blah blah blah.
    Seriously no one has time for your bullshit and you brought nothing to the discussion.

6. It's obvious that this thread isn't going anywhere good. /thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.