JerryInDFWs Perpetual Grow - DWC + LED + HPS

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by JerryInDFW, Oct 30, 2014.

Thanks!

I feel the same way about all the other great looking plants I see!

[​IMG]

lol, ever wonder how many strains are just named something else? I may have that in my collection under a different name [​IMG]

Reminds me of my time stationed in Missouri. Out in the boondocks, authentic Kind was generally scarce. I was lucky to have a very good supplier in KC who brought in good stuff when it was available. You'd actually see real deal Acapulco Gold and Panama Red, and Jamaican bud when it was available. But all the rest was skunk.

But some people just had to have a "Name" to go with the zip. "Is that Oaxacan?" "Um, yeah, sure. But since it's Oaxacan, it 10 bucks more."

I'm sure you have something that's at least part Northern Lights.

[​IMG]

4. Actually this C99 that I have in veg has it mixed in.....problem solved!

WTG Jerry! [​IMG]

I checked on seedfinder and several of my strains have it mixed in

5. #165 JerryInDFW, Mar 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2015

Kinda figured!

Now if I could only figure out when to chop the NL/BB. 

[​IMG]

6. 3-30-2015

The Cheese Candy Auto finally has a couple of roots in the soup, so I expect her to take off and shake off that wonkiness in the first set of leaves.  [​IMG]    Probably caused because I didn't use any nutes initially, which I don't think is very smart with any plant. It's hitting the stuff in the bucket at about 15-20% now, and I expect dramatic improvement in the next couple of days.

View attachment 1734568 View attachment 1734570

Set up two of the Pink Diesel x Amnesia beans to pop, and expect they'll be in the tent in a few days. Still confused about that NLxBB in there. Scoped her out in detail yesterday. Still so many clear trichs, and she's still putting out fresh pistils. The calyces have a spread of clear, cloudy and even a couple of amber ones in the mix.  [​IMG]<span style="font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;"><span style="color:rgb(0,0,0);"> </span></span>

[​IMG]

7. #167 JerryInDFW, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2015
    3-31-2015

Auto Pink Diesel x Amnesia
    Journal Link:  http://forum.grassci...8#entry21436859
    General Locale/Country: North Texas, USA/Indoor
    Plant Count: 2 
    How you found out about the comparative grow: *****

Medium Type: DWC - 8" baskets
    Medium Details: Standalone DWC
    Medium Amount: 5 gal

Veg/Flower Lighting: 2x300w LED
      <span style="font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;">(Occasionally used for flowering, too)  </span>
    Grow Space Details: Tent (CO2 capable but not used for this grow)
    Grow Space Size (LED ONLY): 32" x 32: x 63"
    Air exchange: 4" exhaust/ no powered intake
    Air circulation: 2x fans per tent

Grow Space Details: Tent
    Nutrients used: GH FloraSeries
    Supplements used: Cal-Mag, Botanicare CarboLoad, Terpinator

Two Pink Diesel set in rock wool starters yesterday. Plan is to grow them out in Solo cups for a few days before transferring to DWC.

[​IMG]

8. 4-1-2015

Both Pink Diesel x Amnesia beanz have cracked their hulls. Just a matter of time now.    [​IMG]<span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;"> </span></span>

The Cheese Candy Auto is loving it now. Dramatic growth in just a couple of days. LED at about 16"-18" above, and the second panel is above the Northern Lights x Big Bud Auto. Pics later.

[​IMG]

9. 4-1-2015

The Cheese Candy Auto. Finally going strong. Clearly I'm moving them to DWC too soon. Going to leave the PDxA's in the cups longer until there's more roots, and knock a week or so off my starts.

Still perplexed about the NL x BB. Still putting out fresh pistils and building buds. Sure LOOKS like it's finished until you get close up on the trichomes. They still appear to have a way to go. Getting very purple, mostly on the upper colas. Fook.

The quart of FloraKleen arrived Monday. Seems to help speed up the flushing process.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

10. Gorgeous buds!
    You just keep kicking ass!

How about Ferrari winning in F1!?!? First place finish for Vetal in the last F1 race!!
    You got to love that Italian flag.....Green for gooey goodness, Red for adding fire, and white for the smoke

Go Ferrari!

Told you I did!

Actually, it's a refreshing change. I was getting sick and tired of Mercedes sweeping the top two places every race, to the point I wasn't fussed if I missed a race broadcast live.

Thanks. I'm a little surprised how much bulk that plant has added since I took her out of the shadows and she's had some space to get busy. Still clueless as to when to chop her. Sucker is still putting out new stuff, but it's beginning to look like fox-tailing. No big deal. Bud is bud. It all smokes.

[​IMG]<span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="color:rgb(0,0,0);"> </span></span>

12. [​IMG]

Last night I noticed white balls on my QnT buds and upon closer inspection they are balls of new pistols [​IMG]

It also shoots orange pistols so that would be badass to see orange balls too.

I have heard a few people say that they've had plants that the tricomes never amber up? Maybe yours are like that [​IMG]

Yeah... but I did another check today. There's amber for sure. I think the problem is I'm confused about "Cloudy/Milky" trichomes. I pulled a sample bud, and it's hitting decently in spite of being fresh off the plant, so pretty sure she's getting flushed tonight.

Pretty happy with the results of that FloraKleen. Beats those long week/two week flushes when you want to get it down in a hurry. Most of my amber trichs are on the sugar leaves and not the calyces. Regardless, I'm not looking to grow medicine, so it's time. About the time she comes out of the tent the PDxA's with be in the tent in Solo cups, but I just might run some air in the cups this time.

[​IMG]

14. 4-2-2015

Well fuck. That NLxBB has a bunch of colas putting out new pistils. Dunno whether to feed her or flush her.   [​IMG]<span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;">   </span></span>

I guess she'll have a reprieve for a few days.

[​IMG]

15. 4-2-2015

Some random, unsorted shots of the Northern Lights x Big Bud Auto. Probably a few dupes in the set.

You can click on the attachments to enlarge.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

16. Holy beautiful buds!  [​IMG] Really looking nice Jerry!  Wishing I could take in a big nose full. 

AWESOME!  [​IMG]

Thanks!

Actually, it's not all that dank. Curious.

[​IMG]

18. 4-2-2015

Sort of decided that the NL x BB Auto really didn't get seriously into flowering mode until early/middle of February. So I'm guessing she has some time left to do. Even if I compute from 2/7, she still has at least a week to go, but the 15th is probably a better date. She really didn't start getting 20/4 lighting until a couple of weeks ago, so she may need quite a bit longer. Watching the trichomes closely. I could chop her now and be perfectly happy with the quality, but she's still budding.

One of these days I'll get everything right!

[​IMG]

19. Lovely ladies Jerry [​IMG]

20. 4-4-2015

Going to feed the Cheese Candy Auto this morning, as she's now very well established and thriving. Time to up the nutes.

Probably just add water and pH the bucket on the NL x BB. She's close to finished. May add a bit of carbs and terpinator.since she's still budding. Nice weed.

The two Pink Diesel x Amnesia popped out of the rock wool yesterday. I had to help coax out one that got herself a little wonky in the cube yesterday, but she's fine with no damage. I placed them in the umbra of the LED's outside the tent yesterday, but now they're in a shaded part of the tent and are nice and green. I'm going to reset the solo cups later on, and going to try putting an air stone in the bottom of the cup to see if that has any improvement on seedling growth. Would like to do only one, but as they're a part of a comparative grow, I'll do 'em both at once.

Pics next post.

[​IMG]