Please help with lighting question

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by humboldt420trees, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Is there some kind of device I can use to run my set up 2 600w hid lights 1 6" vortex fan 4 small clip on fans ..nd wat not my set up is a 4x8 tent..just wanna know if there some kind of device I can use to run everything safely or should I have an electrician help me out wit this..nd also wondering if my electricity bill will be much of a difference ..?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum *HuMbOldT420tReEs***

2. Depends on where you put it and the breaker size. A 600 watt hps is about 5 to 6 amps. That fan is about 1 to 1.5 amps. 4 fans probably about 2 amps. If you only have 15 amp breaker, you'll be pushing it. Will trip if anything else is turned on somewhere else. If you have 20 amp breakers you will be good if you don't use a vacuum or something else where.. Cost me 350 to have a electrician put a 20 amp line into where I grow for light and exhaust. And use the 15 amp socket for circulation fans and anything else.

3. I run about 5000 watts constant off 3 separate feeds... I have to turn off one AC unit if vacuuming or I trip breaker... Run multiple extension cords draw power from every available circuit. Know ur limits on available juice...