Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed Bounty Bars not potent?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by WeedBounty, Oct 30, 2014.

1. #1 WeedBounty, Oct 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2014
    Hi guys :)
    I made bounty bars with weed (cannabutter) but unfortunately they lacked the high effect.
    First I would like to share with you the way I made it all and then ask for advice on how to make them work the next time.
    I used a coffee grinder to grind 1.5 grams of weed. (good quality)
    The powder went into a cheesecloth ,wrapped a few times around and tied with cotton string.
    In a jar with a lid, I put the wrapped weed powder and 100 grams of butter.
    (double boiler method) The glass jar went into a pot with boiling water , for 2 hours it boiled ,every 10-15 mins stirred the contents in the jar. 
    I took out the cheesecloth weed and used the butter directly to make the "Bounty bar mix"
    In a pan heated the butter ,added 200ml of single cream and 100 grams of powdered sugar ,mixed up for 5 mins (simmering ,no boiling) ,then +200grams of desiccated coconut.
    Then I put the mix in the freezer for 3-4 hours. 
    Took it out,cut into bars and and coated with chocolate. 
    This batch made 10 big bounty bars of which I ate 2 and did not make me high at all.
    Quite dissapointed and wondering where the problem is?

I know weed works in butter as I've made space cake several times with a good long high.
    My guess :
    Either the weed did not mix well with the butter, thc did not get extracted in the butter. or something with the freezing ?

2. 1.5 grams is barely enough to give me a high head change when smoked, let alone be enough for an edible.

3. I've made space cake with 3 grams for 8 people. The recipe is on youtube one of the first in the search and it works well.

4. I don't think you used your weed effectively. 1.5 grams isnt much to start with but I've made super potent coconut oil using only 1 gram and decarbing my buds first. 

I'm a heavy user and the BEST edibles I've ever made are with decarbed bud. It's easy to do, do a search on here to find out how it's done.

5. you probably did not decarb and 1.5 grams is enough for just 1 bounty bar

6. At $17/gm what can be more cost effective than vaping? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415163801.594283.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum