Made the switch

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Da-Lu, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Welcome aboard, post away! Photos, questions, comments, suggestions, criticism etc are all welcome!

Yea so far organics has been easy! You will love it.

I did buy a cheap 3 in 1 light/ph/moisture meter that I use to measure how much light the plants are getting. But meters are unnecessary. I have $250 worth of ph/ppm meters sitting in my cabinet doing nothing!

2. Everyone's looking good! Clovers coming in nicely.

Grapefruit kush decided to show its face this morning.

Attached Files:

3. Here's the aloe Vera powder I found.

Any thoughts on it?

I'm thinking of using a tsp per gallon of tea.

Attached Files:

4. I really don't know why my photos get flipped!

Anyways the plants are looking good. Trimmed some undergrowth on the plants in flower. Still topping/lst'ing the gals in veg.

Setup my worm factory the other day and added 1/2 lb of red wrigglers today.

Also setup an automatic watering system today so I don't have to worry about them when I'm gone! Put three drippers per pot.

Attached Files:

5. #46 Da-Lu, Dec 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2014
    How's it hanging everyone?

An update for you guys,
    Checked the 4 plants started from "regular" seeds today, and they are all female.

Here's the story behind them I'm not sure if it effects sex or I just had good odds.

I grew regular seeds my first run, from those regular seeds I kept the 4 females and culled the 6 males. Grow went great, but the last few weeks they went hermie on me. These are the seeds from those hermies. They had great bud still and only about 10-20 seeds a plant.

6. Well I had my watering schedule dialed in pre mulch. Now that I'm mulching I find I'm slightly overwatering. Getting "eagle claw"/droopy leaves on some fan leaves. I honestly think I'll only need to water every 3-4 days with mulch.

Attached Files:

7. #48 Da-Lu, Dec 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2014
    Here's an update.

All the ladies are doing well, although I'm still trying to perfect my watering schedule.

As far as training goes, I used to just top once or twice than SCROG. This run I'm experimenting with multiple toppings and LST. I forget what it's called but I also "snapped" some of the lower growth on the WW female. Since she healed, where I snapped is growing like crazy and starting to catch up to the top growth. The AK-47 got topped/ tied down to one side, than topped on the lower growth. She's a mini bush now. I've been alternating giving the two gals in veg time under the 1000w HPS, seems to help them grow a bit taller/thicker and not as short as the t5 keeps them.

On a side note, ever since I started mulching I've had lots of what I think are adult fungus gnats. So far there's no visible signs they are done any damage, but theres about two dozen in the heavily mulched WW pot. And a few usually flying around. The bottom layer mulch mulch is really starting to break down (white/Gray mold)

I bought some cold pressed neem oil the other day. The only problem is I have nothing to emulsify it, I don't want to use soap. I did order some agsil16h a few weeks ago but it hasn't arrived. So a few days ago I ordered some pro tekt. Hopefully the neem/silica spray will help once the pro tekt arrives.

Attached Files:

8. I think, could be wrong, but one of the males you culled probably got a nut off and shot a load b4 u culled. And I think those seeds would be females. But if those 4 u have now Hermie on u then those plants just have that trait. Like I said I'm not sure about this, so if any gc heads out there know something about this chime in please.

9. I've heard u could throw about 11/2-2" of sand on top and that will kill eggs already laid in dirt and prevent adults from laying more. I've never used sand, when I saw a few flying around I put an inch or so of perilite on the top of soil. The only thing about that is it turns perilite rusty looking. But I just mixed it up with used soil at end.

10. Thanks for the replys 69'er!

I will definitely look into the sand method.

Pro-tekt should be here soon so hopefully neem oil/protekt sprays will help.

I only plan on spraying the soil on the plants in flower, I don't like the idea of spraying flowers. Does this make sense or is it fine to spray flowering plants with neem oil? They are only about 12-14 days into flower.

11. I havnt trained the two girls in veg for a few days, and now that they've had time to recover they are exploding! Bottom growth on the WW is catching up nicely, and the AK is staying real bushy and short with tons of tops. Grapefruit Kush is coming along nicely as well.

Attached Files:

12. Here's a worm bin shot!

Started it a couple weeks ago and they seem to be thriving.

Attached Files:

13. Also switched the AK47 to flower. She's small but I grow strictly for personal use so I don't need big plants.

Other 3 have been flowering for 16 days and are starting to bud. I'm pretty sure they are all God Bud. The seeds came from a bag with Thai Lights and God Bud seeds.

Attached Files:

14. Just got back from being away for a few days. Before I left I raised the t5's about 4-5" above the top of the WW in veg thinking that would be tons of room. Got back just now and the little bugger had grown right up into the bulb. Only slight burn nothing serious.

Ladies in flower stretched a but and buds are coming in nicely.

Attached Files:

15. Looking good. U still with us?

16. Thanks bro!

Still here, just been away at work for a bit!

17. Getting plans together for the spring to re-do my backyard. A huge veggie garden, compost pile and perhaps a rabbit hutch are going in. Might turn my koi pond into a trout pond.

My neighbours must think I'm the oddest 25 year old male ever. I should be out partying!

18. Merry Xmas tenshuu and bgsixniner!!!!

Just got home from being away for a bit.

Plants are flowering nicely, leaves are starting to fade a bit.

I think the bushy AK girl in the flower tent will be a good producer. She's got a lot of tops!

Also the white widow in veg is getting big!

Attached Files:

19. Love your plants, Merry Christmas bud.