Made the switch

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Da-Lu, Oct 29, 2014.

1. #21 Da-Lu, Nov 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2014
    Here they are 5-6 days after transplant. Didn't really go through transplant shock. I think my kelp/alfalfa tea helped.

Attached Files:

2. So far so good! I havnt been home in a week but they look decent. A bit droopy due to inconsistent watering but I'll get that fixed when I'm home.

Liking this organic stuff.

Attached Files:

3. Just got home after about 10 days gone, and wow I'm impressed. Never ceases to amaze me how fast this plant grows. I transplanted the little White Widow gal that had a rough start into a 10 gal. This will be the start of a notill experiment. Ordered some red wigglers, and once I cull the males that will be the mulch.

I did some training today. Tied down all the plants, I had previously topped the plants from the regular seeds (God bud and Thai Lights) but left the feminized AK-47 and feminized White Widow.

Anyways here's some pics!

BTW, don't know why I ever used synthetic nutes. The salt stains on my tent floor should have been my first hint! I've scrubbed the floor multiple times with no results!

Attached Files:

4. Just got my red wriggles in! Pretty stoked about getting worms! Added about 25-30 to the 10 gal notill and about 15-20 to all other pots.

Here's a pic of the plants.

Attached Files:

5. #25 waktoo, Nov 26, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
    Looking good, Da-Lu!

I would always recommend some kind of top mulch for your plants. It helps with evaporation, and now that you're adding worms I would recommend mulch even more. Worms like to come to the surface from time to time. Without mulch, they're going to stay down low when the lights are on. It's best to set up an environment that allows them to do their thing when they feel the need to do so.

You could do a simple mulch, like with straw or hay.

You could also do a "living" mulch, which would entail using some sort of cover crop/cover crop mix. Clover is pretty popular.

Here's a pic' of the cover crop mix by BAS...

[​IMG]

6. Thanks for the advice wak!

I actually planted red clover 2 days ago! Also started mulching the 10 gal with trimmings!!! Going to mulch as it becomes available!

7. Here ya go it was covering the entire surface before but I poured the vermicompost that the red wriggles came in on top.

Attached Files:

8. Sound like you're on top of it bud!

Looking forward to seeing your progress...  :)

9. Thanks man! I still appreciate the advice keep it coming!

10. Here's a few more photos. Going to keep training them for a few weeks, let them sit for a week, than flip to flower.

Attached Files:

11. #31 Da-Lu, Nov 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2014
    Well I am running low on medicine and want to see which of the 4 regulars are female. So I flipped the 4 regular plants today. Put in the 600w hps, will switch to the 1000w the last month of flower.

Also set up my 3x3 tent as a veg tent. I originally had a 600w mh in it but had problems controlling heat. So I put in about 130w(about 12000 lumens) worth of t5's in. I kept the feminized White Widow and feminized AK-47 in veg. Also started a feminized Grapefruit Kush by Next Generation yesterday. Trying to get a perpetual thing going.

Attached Files:

12. Put in an order for a "Worm Factory 360 Composting Worm Bin" and "Claber 8053 Oasis automatic watering system" yesterday. Pretty stoked to start vermicomposting! Also will be nice to not have to worry about if my plants are being watered properly while I'm away.

Also got impatient waiting for the stuff I ordered from build a soil (not blaming them, I'm sure it's a postal or customs problem) so I ordered some "cold pressed organic neem oil" and "organic aloe Vera powder" from good old Amazon.

Got two 10 gal smart pots on the way as well. Wanted to try them out after all the great reviews. They will be notill pots.

Perhaps I should have this moved to the organic grow journal section?

PM Chunk.  He'll move it for you.

Welcome to Organic Grow Journals :metal:

15. Clovers starting to come in nicely. Grapefruit kush is popping. Alfalfa, kelp, EWC, molasses teas brewing. Things are looking good.

Attached Files:

16. #36 Da-Lu, Nov 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
    Grapefruit kush is coming in nicely.

Clover is really starting to take off, t5's seem to be doing the job on the WW and AK gals as well.

Topped the two gals in veg last night, they seem to be recovering quickly. I grew WW before and it loved being topped.

Regular plants in the flower tent are filling in nicely. Gave them a alfalfa, kelp, EWC, blackstrap molasses tea today. Foliar and root.

Attached Files:

Youre jumping in with both feet! Great job. Theres no doubt you'll love the simple yet super effective organic garden. Good luck!

j

18. Trying to get a perpetual thing going

Da-Lu, this is how I garden. (perpetual). I keep an assortment of various clones going at all times, as well as vegging plants in different size containers of different ages and sizes. I *try* and harvest one plant per week, and when I do I just bring up the biggest, healthiest girl from the veg area and replace the one that I just harvested from the flowering room. I really dont like trimming so this way I only have to trim up a single plant every 7-10 days or so.  It doesnt always work out perfect but its close enough like this. As long as you have the room just keep adding a single plant to your flower area every 7-10 days and before you know it you'll be harvesting a plant every 7-10 days.

Nice garden.

19. Thanks a lot jerry! Appreciate your input!

When I do something I usually jump in with both feet lol.

I plan on doing something similar to the way you do it except every 3-4 weeks. I hate trimming as well. Bought one of those hand spin trimmers but haven't used it yet.

Gonna go pick up a lb of red wrigglers and lb of Europeans tomorrow for a nice mix for the worm bins.

20. A long for the ride...I can t wait to start my organics next year. Sounds easy as Hell! Have u even used a meter yet?