Aluminum foil pipe is great

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by ori.wolcon, Oct 29, 2014.

1. I just googled it. You can check for yourself but although aluminum won't burn/melt with a bic lighter, aluminum will oxidize. Inhaling oxidized aluminum is linked to Alzheimer's. Better safe than sorry. Don't use aluminum foil.

2. I would smoke out of a socket before i'd smoke out of foil. Your pipe sells for $100 in max security prisons.

3. no just make a clay pipe with flour and salt, google it.

4. eh, if you burn the residue off the foil first and grind your bud so you don't have to torch it then it doesn't sound that bad. personally I would rather use an apple but I don't think your gonna do permanent damage.

5. #26 narcissistic, Nov 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2014
    I like to throw a few magnesium shavings in my aluminium pipe & even mix it in my joints when I smoke.It makes for easy lights & more efficient burns.
    [​IMG]
     works for me.

6. When I first started smoking and got my first pickup I had nothing to smoke out of. My friend tried making me one of these and I told him I wasnt gonna smoke out of that shit. I went to the gas station, grabbed some papers and he rolled me a joint

7. give a senior at your school 10 dollars and buy a new bowl, dont be a little shit 

8. Aluminum Pipe?!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQxywmojNiA

9. Let's go Alzheimer's!!!!

Shred!!!!!!!

10. #31 IRON-EYES, Dec 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
    Mmm that yummy aluminum taste
    Mmmmm!

*in my really smrt voice*

11. Now if you had some reasonably thick 24 karat foil you might be talking!

12. Dude. No offense but this is stoner knowledge 101. Aluminum foil by itself isn't harmful. It's why it is used for storing leftovers (like Weird Al) but when you incorporate fire to the VERY thin aluminum it will release volatile vapors they you can definitely taste and WILL inhale. Give it a day or two but it will affect your body in some seriously negative ways. Check out this thread from a guy who has first hand experience of this,

http://forum.grasscity.com/apprentice-tokers/862177-my-warning-against-burning-tin-foil.html

Be smart man, get a cheap glass piece and avoid all this. Using a metal pipe is actually safer. Metal can be heated up, but it will not release volatile vapors unless you some how manage to melt it, and you won't unless you happen to have a glass blower torch to smoke weed with.

13. If foil is so bad, why do we cook our food in it?!
    I likes the gravity bong and use it for the cap. Perhaps I should use gorse instead.

14. Are you being sarcastic
    Magnesium seems a bit dangerous

15. #37 ori.wolcon, Jan 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2015
    I use thicker foil and don't constantly hold up my lighter too it
    And unlike that guy in the post, I have not recently had a symptom that is and I quote "pissing out my asshole"

16. Is your avatar accurate?

17. #39 ori.wolcon, Jan 9, 2015
    i don't answer questions without my lawyer present

18. #40 narcissistic, Jan 9, 2015
    Question was redundant....................pro bono /no charge.