Welcome to my LED grow show

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by darren reefnugs, Oct 29, 2014.

1. heres the leaf curling i mentioned  leaf curl.jpg

this was on a different plant, the ph might not be correct on this one...i havent had to water it as much so i havent been able to raise it much. the leaf is fine except this weird brown stripes in the leaf leaf.jpg

i attempted to lollypop some of the larger ones. cut everything that was below 7 inches that wasnt a big shoot. i thnk this one had one shoot i left for some reason lollypop.jpg

i tried to upload a few internodal shots, but they were all fuzzy. really small spaces between the nodes. should make for some nice "bud sticks" that i see all over this site. 

2. finally able to get a bigger pot and some more soil. had to get ocean forest this time, but it is mid dec. put the girl in a 3 gallon pot and then put the master kush seedling in the newly vacated pot. im filled to the brim now. next upsize in pots and ill have to give away some to make room for all the pots. i might have an idea about a veg closet, but i havent even ran it by the boss yet haha

i also tryed cloning...im 99% sure ill fail, but practice is always good.cut a lower shoot off, then trimmed some leaves, cut the fans in half, 45ed the stem and dipped it in the cloning stuff, then right into a solo cup of soil.

3. hey man that's basically how you clone! :bongin:

4. well my clone looks like shit. just messing anyways so its no biggie. 

i didnt have a humidity dome and just put it in with the rest of the ladies. its stayed damp s far as the soil goes but im sure i need a different way to do it haha, again just messing around while i have the space.

ill have photos as soon as the damn email shows up. youd think emailing yourself would be a quick send, but not when you have pics i guess

5. some photos of the ladies. things are looking better for that www4 plant. i put it in the bigger pot and it seems to be doing better. im still only needing to water once a week though. concerns me because feeding schedule is way to spread out this way. maybe its just too cold or something, or maybe the roots are just filling these huge pots still. looking at them all makes me feel like i wanna flower them. if they were all the same as the left side i would, but the ones on the right were smaller clones and seeds. tied the left side down REAL good in hopes of leting the canopy even a bit more. 

the www4 plant www4 corner.jpg

left side left side.jpg

right side right side.jpg

front view front view.jpg

front view with lights front view 2.jpg

right now i have the lights about 14 inches away form the tops. any other spec users think it should raise/lower them? growth seems to be good

6. watered today..everything except www4 and the mk. 

i also moved the lights UP..someoen mentioned they might be too close and slowing growth. 14 above the highest top on the left...16 on the right. the rest on the left are about 16 as well. i just had one that was a bit pokey on the top from the way it was tied. 

im debating a switch to flower soon. not that they are "big" enough or anything...but i wanna finish a grow and still have time to veg for outdoors. outdoor season starts here on may 1, but was told if they are big enough i can take them out mid april. that gives me about 4.5 months to go. i know it wont take that long to flower, but i dry ,veg, and flower in one tent. not at the same time mind you. if it takes 60 days to flower that would give me 2 weeks to dry/clean before i start a 1 month veg. will be all clones i hope. was told i can get clones anytime i want as long as i give advance notice. soem killer stuff too...MOB, more master kush, C99

im really thinking somehting is not quite right though...which is why im nto flowering now. leaves are REAL dark green, and some are growing twisty and curly. im 90% sure its a N def...but since my soil has the organic soil form the HF and the EWC that watering might mess with the microbal herd. im hoping that as i water the N gets used up. so far no real issues. a few leaves here and there on all the plants have a yellowing going on. some have some "dead" spots. some look fine but feel stiff and dry. def. a learning curve with indoor. i thought id have a handle on it from growing years ago, but now im using new lighting, soil, nutes, strains. im used to watering every other day because its always so hot from the hps....im watering once or twice a week now. temps are usually around  3 degrees of the ambiant air. cool for summer...shitty for winter. might explain things a bit too...seeing as my "coldest" and "hottest" readings of my temp gauge go from 66/67 to 79/80. could be that i have my temp gauge in the wrong places..i move it around every day to see how other areas look. might be too close to a fan blowing or too close to the light.  2 150s in an enclosed tent put off very LITTLE heat. next month i will get to see what the whole shebang costs to run a month. shouldnt be much....maybe 30-40$. less then 1 weeks worth of smoke

ok weed brownie kicking in...time to stop. got my cg to finally try making edibles. whats he do..gives me brownies with 2 g of bud in each. NICE!

7. #27 LordSosa, Dec 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2014
    Hey man what size pots are they in now? You leaf problem could be ph related. Ph the run off too see what your soils at. Are your stems purple or maroon colored?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Either I'm reading the pH wrong or not Checking the right water...only one pot wasn't the normal "green"...it was a bit orange. Green is good and orange is too low. Will check stem color when lights go on

9. FLOWER day 1

flipped over to flower today. new growth looks good. raising the lights helped alot, at least to me. looks like it grew quite a bit since last time i checked. 

i know some plants are small still, but my personal stash is dictating when to flip. down to just over 2 months worth. need to flower so i dont run out.

i think me watering with just water for so long has helped cure the N toxicity. i could be wrong. ive been told i need ot hit them with some calmag though, but im not seeing why

10. watered again today. a couple had some droooopy leaves. everything looks good right now. i looked under my canopy and while light does peek through it is very shaded down there..just how i like it. not much more to report. 

11. fucking thrips!!! found some leaf damage and black specs that appear to be thrip droppings. NOT mites i know that much. gonna go get some spinosad...prolly butchered the spelling 

i have neem and azamax 

12. yup def thrips. little tiny white flying buggers. i got some spray and since i dont have to work tomorow im gonna stay up as late as i can and spray. lights will go off early tonight, but it has to be done. will only shave about 4 hours off the end

i watered and added soem EWC to the top layer. some came out ok, one kinda thick. took a while for the water to drain. might have gone overboard on that one hehe

all plants look healthy. curious about when to add nutes, but since im trying to go organic i may need to pick up some bat poop. dont wanna fry my microbes with the gh shit again

next time i water ill try to take some photos of each plant. or maybe when i spray later

13. #33 bsless, Jan 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2015

Plants are looking great, sir!  Looking forward to a successful grow.

Contrary to popular belief, u actually get more penetration being farther way from the canopy, including better coverage, and spectral blending.  Try looking at you hand with the fingers extended at arms length, and move it slowly towards your eyes and notice how your peripheral vision is reduce in relation to the decreasing distance.  Now imagine if your hand was a leaf or canopy and you were the light and you get the idea how coverage is dramatically reduced at close distance.  These new white HI-LEDs are so intense, there's no need to run them closer like the weaker LEDs at the expense of the previously mentioned reasons.

For this reason, I'd go 20" for veg. and 18" for flowering.  You do not want to be closer than 16", because it will reduce coverage and the different bands in the spectrum will not be able to blend properly so you end up with an uneven spectrum.  This is not as bad with white spectrum because you have less bands to blend vs. the red spectrum that might have up to 15 separate bands.  

Regarding the cal/mag supplements for LEDs, because they tend to use more Mg and Ca for some reason, especially Mg.  Due to my name, I will not speculate on the reason why, but it's true to do seem to demand more cal/mag in my experience with LEDs.  This is why it's a good idea to supplement them with only 1/2-1/3 teaspoon/gal. once a week, and more if they still show signs of deficiency.  I like to give them a little less than the tsp/gal. common recommendation, because it's easier and safer to give them more than the other way around.

14. Hey man!! Plants are coming along very nicely!!!

I myself plan to start flower as soon as I can for the same reasons. Waiting for one of my girls to get a little bigger first tho.

Can't wait to see how everything comes along thru flower!!

Hope all is well with you and yours & the new year is going good!!

15. thanks for the kudus guys. im trying to my best :) 

so far the spray has been working. i did see some of the bugs when i was spraying but havent seen any after. more importantly my plants arent fried like last year with the neem. not sure if they liked the extra darkness, but im shure they are thankful to have them bugs off their leaves

16. i think the spray worked...but i coudl be wrong. it will prolly take more then one spray to fix them. funny thing is i see more damage now then i did before i sprayed. weird. didnt need to be watered today so no photos. 

17. Any pic updates of them in flower? I have been watching this grow, curious to see how theyre doing.

18. ill try to take a few next chance i get. my camera is my cell phone and its not very good. im going to take some idividual plant photos once i water them again. might be later or tomorow, havent gone and checked them tonight yet. worked all day

19. heres some quick photos from a few hours ago. 
    the canopy. ALMOST filled the enitre space. i may have the solution to that issue soon resolved. more on that in a bit.

heres the left side left side.jpg

right side right side.jpg

and a canopy shot canopy.jpg

this is from the mk plant. looks male but not sure. gonna give it another day or two mk stem.jpg

20. Looking real nice man!! Can't wait to see these babies flower out!!!!! I'm hoping that plant is a female, fingers crossed!!