Welcome to my LED grow show

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by darren reefnugs, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Hello all. Greetings to my firt indoor grow journal. ive grown indoors before years ago so lets hope the brain remembers everything. i just finished my outdoor grow, and despite the setbacks i fared pretty well. just under 700g. 

This is something totally new for me. Ive never used leds before and am very curious about how they will perform. i will be using 2 amare solar spec 150s. ive seen a few others use them and seen some good results. we will see how these work. good or bad i am here to give an honest input. i know how hard it is to find  good led when you are new to the scene.

Sadly my clones hookup fell through. they decided to flower it all out and start from seed. bummer me. i do have some seeds that i may start if i cant find some clones, but they are very sativa, Jack the Ripper. Very good stuff...i just prefer indicas. soil will be FF ocean forest or happy frog, or a mix. nutes should be interesting. i may try to have 1/2 organic and 1/2 running the last of my gh starter kit. 

my tent is just a 2x4x5 closet tent. i have a 400 cfm fan drawing air through my homemade carbon filter. i may need to adjust it. i am trying for the life of me to find carbon matting so i can make a longer filter.

when i have more to show ill snap some photos of the area and lights in action. 

2. Sounds good man, hopefully you can get some clones! I am trying to find some new strains myself. Being the only grower i know has its ups and downs haha. Might do the same and just start some new seeds.

Well everything sounds good, can't wait to see how it all comes together. What was it that you flowered outside?

Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I grew ms universe, sour d, and some kush.

I gt clones last night. 3 of kush, 4 white widow x warlock. Should be good. Put them in solo cups as they came in no medium. I'm hoping I did t hurt them too much transplanting them. The guy gave me them in a box with roofs wet in paper towels, all in a freezer bag. Prolly just pulled them from an ez cloner.

I took photos of the tent and lights and will try getting them up tonight then snap some shots when lights come on.

My only issue is how to attach the lights closer to the top of the tent. You'll see in the photos what I mean. That's all for now, lunch break over hhe

4. heres the pics from the other day...new ones hopefully later

the tent setup  tent 1.jpg

lights lens  lights.jpg

company name and slick design  side light.jpg

top area  top lights.jpg

notice how the lights hook up on the top...trying to figure out how to hook them to the top bar of the tent. 

5. got 2 seedlings to sprout today. gonna have some tough choices when it comes time to flower, but at least i have some variety. this time some jack the ripper seeds popped.

6. some photos of the clones. so far not so good. some of the bigger ones are doing some weird things. i think they are rootbound. will repot tommorow. see the leaves in the photos are form the biggest clones. the small ones are great.

lights are working awesome as well. i put my hand under it for like 30 seconds and NO heat at all. once i find the email with all the specs. so far i love these things. now that i figured out how to hang them better i just need to get these clones feeling better.

i also had a great thing happen. the ONE master kush seed that i planted, not thinking itd sprout since it was a bit green still...popped! im so happy this is my fav strain that i can buy (mob is by far my fav but its a maine only plant, cant find it anywhere online). ive smoked alot of it from my caregiver and it does wonders for my back pain,

all of them as on yesterday...this is missing the newest sprouts clones day 1.jpg

leaves leaf 2.jpg leaf 3.jpg leaf.jpg

7. How far away are the lights from the babies?

8. about 30 inches from the small ones. 24 or so from the larger ones. i moved the lights to try and get them all the same distance from the lights. if i can get things under control ill lower the lights a bit, but was told to keep them high when seedlings are small

9. What soil did you decide to go with?

10. I used the rest of the bag of the seed starter and added ewc, perlite and dol lime.

11. all the seeds sprouted. now i have a new problem...not enough pots for them all! its a good problem to have. will get some soil tomorow or wed and some more pots. 

im going to move the lights down a few inches every few days until i find a sweet spot. my seedlings are strecthing way too much. i do have what looks like some def of some kind. will try to get photos up later. 3 larger ones only..im guessing they should be getting nutes at this point. they were way bigger then a normal "clone". the leaves are green with light green edges. maybe a N or mag def. the smaller ones all look good.

im super happy with how little heat these SS lights produce. while it will suck when its freezing inside, during the summer it should be good.

dinner is ready :) time for some good food. 

12. heres some photos of the leaf issues.  121 leaf2.jpg leaf 121.jpg  

and this weird stirped one striped leaf 121.jpg

ph of my water is good at 7. hard to check the ph after if any soil gets in with the drops. i need to get a meter thats super easy to use. 

13. ello! not experienced enough to tell you whats wrong with your plants, but eager to see these LEDs shine.
    +subbed

14. got my happy frog soil, more pots (3 gallon) big bag of good ewc. i also got a oscilating fan to blow over the girls. a real neat one that has 2 "fans" that both swivel and blows both ways. (that sounds really homo haha). will set it all up later. 

thanks for the sub. i hope you enjoy the ride. its my first time growing "legal" indoors so it should be fun and a pain in the ass haha

15. watered today...they were all thirsty. it had been over a week! oh well..dont wanna over water and i did water pretty heavy when i transplanted them. i only need to get one more into a 3 gallon. its in a smaller one and it getting pretty tall. should have put it in a 3 gallon instead. 

took some work to get everything in...tight fit in here. i have some seedlings left over that im holding for another patient while they get setup. i told them they may not be the best but they dont care. first timer and excited to get somehting good to grow.

16. heres some photos of whats going on...and of what i smoked last night. growth looks great so far. not sure of how to compare because its my first run indoors in forever...but good all the same. just need to raise the ph a bit in a few pots. will do that as i water, or so ive been told. 

the bigger "clones" have gotten huge big side.jpg

the smaller ones are still filling out roots right now, or thats my take anyway small side.jpg

and a group shot with all the extra seedlings in group shot.jpg

the dark shady areas are because of my camera and how the flaps were hanging. it lights up the WHOLE floor. great coverage. right now i have the light about 18 above the smaller and 14 above the bigger. 

heres some keif i made from my last harvest. dont mind the dirty bong stem...percs are a bitch to clean keif bowl.jpg

17. Are the going to finish in 3 gallons of you go higher?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. ill veg in 3 gallon and then flower in 5 gallon, unless i can find cloth pots that are bigger in gallon size but still small enough to fit in my tent. i can only have 6 flowering at a time, so if i can find some nice short wide pots ill be happy. (stupid me got a tent with only 5' of hieght)

19. #19 Peflora, Dec 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2014
    Congrats on your wise choice of leds

I have gone through a few iterations, some bad, some ok, one pretty darned good

You are hundreds of dollars ahead of me

CLONES

It's best to remove large leafs from clones, especially the few near the bottom

OR, cut them down to little fans ~ 1/3 the size

What you are looking for is just enough green leaf to process the light energy to create roots and new leafs

I have 2 SS 150s as well as a SS 260

Awesome lights

20. Watered the ladies...most had been 8 days. Some minor leaf curling down, but no burned tips, no yellow leaves. Weird. Will try to snap photo later.