Flyfishers LED/CFL Box Grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by flyfisher7, Oct 29, 2014.

1. It's a 150w UFO. The plant I'm about to cut down was also about an inch from the led. The leaves took on an off-color tint (I'm color blind, I truly don't know what color they turned to, maybe you can see in the pics?)

BUT while they were taking on this tint it also had the most growth. The timing I'm referring to is when you recommended getting the plants closer a couple weeks ago. That's when the coloring came and also when there was much better growth.

So that's why I'm unsure. Keep it close and have that discoloration?

2. #42 GrowTrees, Nov 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2014
    I would move them back to around 3 inches away. It's hard to say cause I don't use high watt leds but from what I've seen, when they're too close it causes light intensity burns. Yours look fine but I wouldn't risk them getting too close.

3. Took a pic just so you can have an idea. Moved it a bit. currently 3" from the top UFO with the CFLs on the side.

Attached Files:

4. Looking pretty good. I have a similar set up, minus led, but nonetheless a micro grow. Subscribed.

5. Subscribed to yours as well:)

6. #46 GrowTrees, Nov 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2014
    Looks good bro, it should be fine now

7. Quick update:

Chemdawg 18 days into flower. Lots of growth over the last two weeks. Many lower bud sites growing dramatically (can't see in pics)

Attached Files:

8. Update. 25 days in flower. Still looking pretty good. Nitrogen deficiency is there. But as compared to my previous plants this one isn't falling apart yet. Still looks pretty healthy overall. Crystals coming in nicely.

Attached Files:

9. #49 flyfisher7, Dec 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2014
    32 days.

In my previous grow, I had severe deficiency and leaves were falling off daily. I wasn't feeding at all. I now have been feeding about 3wks and I think I've gone to the other end. Now the damage pictured has me thinking overfeeding? Previously, the leaves were yellowing, drying and falling off. This is different.

It's still having positive growth and seems to be getting a bit fatter each day. Nearly nothing has died and fallen off on the larger plant.

The solo cup plants have much less noticeable burn. It actually looks like they're trying to recover somewhat after I starting feeding them. I think that cola at the top, under normal circumstances, should extend down to where those little leaves are trying to make a comeback. But that all yellowed and died off prior to feeding.

Any input is appreciated. Today was a water day so I just used straight water. No feed. I feel like it's an overfeed, hopefully someone will concur. Thanks

The top 4 pics are solo cup plant. The rest are the larger one. Both 32 days.

Attached Files:

10. #50 GrowTrees, Dec 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2014
    If you overfeed you will know, all of the leaves will get burns. Other than that it looks good