Flyfishers LED/CFL Box Grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by flyfisher7, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Yeah I can see what you're saying. If I were to bend mine over it would surely kill some of the bigger fan leaves in the process. I think what I'm going to do is give it a top and see how it grows from there. Ideally I'd like to get 8-12 clones from it before flowering. Maybe by topping I can keep the height down, temporarily, but allow for the lower sub branches to develop further, while the top is recovering and creating its new branches

2. Yeah that's a good idea, then when the new branches form you can tie them down and keep it short

3. A little update... After raising the plants up I encountered a moderate heat issue. Some fan leaves from the flowering plants had to be removed. The plant with flowers pictured below has made a remarkable rebound after being almost dead and now getting it closer to the lights. Still a gimpy plant but it has come along. I was ready to pitch it a few weeks ago.

The little ones, I think are just coming out of their shock/over water. The new growth is coming out perpendicular to the stem vs droopy like last week. I'm sure they'll continue to rebound and hopefully have a more productive week this week.

The mid sized one I think will enter flower sometime over the next week or so. I'm excited about that one, it looks good. Nice and compact.

Attached Files:

4. Quick update. The white pistils emerged 4 days ago on the newer chemdawg. It's stretching out rapidly now. The other plant is in wk6 of flower.

Attached Files:

5. Clipped 4 potential clones from the Headband OG plant. They are bent due to the way they were growing to the light. Hopefully not an issue. Other than that they're in a warm place just in room light atm.

If everything goes well, how long before it should be ready for the soil?)

Attached Files:

6. #26 GrowTrees, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2014
    After today you should dump some water out so theres about 1/3 as much water as you have in there, then let it dry out from there. If you keep the water warm they will root faster. It takes anywhere from 1-2 weeks for the roots to show outside the cube.
    How far did you poke them down into the cube? If the stem is below the surface of the water then the roots will take longer cause they arent forced to suck the water up from the bottom

7. I dumped some water out this morning. The stem is probably 3/4 the way down into the cube. But now there's only a 1/4" standing water.

8. Nice bro, yeah sorry I said to use more than that, I forgot if the stem is in the water then it won't work as fast

9. Cool, I put the container on my furnace in the basement with a towel between. It's keeping the water slightly warm

10. Nice that should help
    By the way, they will straighten up once they have some roots formed and the light is directly above them. You took the cuts from the bottom of the plant right? Those seem to root easier for some reason

11. Yeah. Lowest to the ground. And I was actually able to save the branch too. All 4 that I cut from still have a set of leaves on them, hopefully they'll grow out again

12. Yeah they will, usually everywhere there is a leaf a branch will form. As long as it has a node on the branch it will grow out

13. How long, on average, should it take to evaporate the water in the basin?

14. Probably around a week

15. Beautiful. Everything is going well then. This idea of having standing water in there is just giving me a mind fuck. I'm not questioning it, i just keep thinking they're going to drown and one time I'll check on them and they'll be fallen down dead. Just the fear prompting me to ask lol

16. #36 GrowTrees, Nov 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2014
    No they will be fine bro, if anything you gotta worry about them drying up. You can actually get them to root in a cup of water, it just takes longer. I use a bubble cloner and basically it's just a tub of water with an air pump in it for bubbles and they root like that

17. Update: made an error last week. I was off by a week regarding the most mature chemdawg. I wrote 6th week. It was actually the 7th, making this update the 8th. It will be getting chopped soon. The leaves are really starting to fall apart and the stem will not be able to support much longer. It's small, but she did come a long way after spider mites and neglect on my part.

The little ones are trying to get the flowering going. They are 11 days in. Nothing more to speak of really, they are just little.

The other is also 11-12 days in. It grew quite a bit over the last week. It went from about 3" under the light to about a half inch presently. I wonder if that close is too intense?

Side note: added 85w CFL bulb to the side area. Hopefully that'll help with the flowering plants.

Attached Files:

18. #38 GrowTrees, Nov 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2014
    As long as the cfl isn't touching the plant it will be fine, I keep mine about an inch away.
    The 2nd plant looks a little overwatered to me

19. It's the led that it's about to touch

20. #40 GrowTrees, Nov 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2014
    Oh my bad, which one? Don't you use like 3? You might want to move them a little farther away from the higher watt ones but I used to have leaves directly touching my 14w panel and they were fine