Australia to get Medical Cannabis

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by GreenRush, Oct 28, 2014.

1. #21 dabbed2death, Jun 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2015
    I'd hope it's based upon the OLD canadian model, the MMAR. Not the new MMPR. People deserve their growing rights. 

But considering the australian government has such a nasty opinion on cannabis, I am quite positive they are gonna adopt the US policy. They want to be able to sleep at night knowing they legalized medical cannabis, but were able to keep right wing policies as well.

2. #22 SE7EN2011, Jun 15, 2015
    Wish I had not been so naive about the laws and situation regarding MMJ. The politics and an almost schadenfreude attitude displayed by some, does seem to be percolating in reverse, social media proves it on a daily basis. I worry for my wife and those in genuine need of alternative therapies, as in many circles they are viewed and get treated as disposable. People in need and those marginalised for some reason get tagged as burdensome or to be avoided, I have seen this and experienced it. Growing up, I was an only child but often wondered about the whispers older people made when I was around. Turns out, I'm adopted and many older people in our tight Ukrainian community knew it. However my mother(the adopter one) was a strong and influential member of our lot and people were extremely careful to stay on her good side. Hence, nobody ever mentioned it...but I felt it, especially as some of these adults treated me very harshly, always worse than others but I always believed I was just bad...or something. I've gone really OT here, sorry to cry on your shoulders but I don't do FB or anything and the pressure is just building and getting to me..
    I guess my whole rant above is just how I personalise this MMJ debate, in a perfect world this wouldn't even be faded newsprint. However because of some misguided (?) attempt to 'puritanise' the world, we get what we have today - a cluster@)-k of legislation that can lead to the sick being jailed. I have no choice but to obey the laws of this country, let me say my most beloved and wonderful country I would give my life for but big pharma and poor legislation shouldn't be making life hell.
    From what I have seen, many in the judiciary are trying to be understanding and sympathetic when presented with genuine MMJ cases. Unfortunately there is a large cost involved if you are faced with unfair perceptions which developed due to factors outside of your control? In our case, I certainly didn't expect or try to grow 41kg, wet or dry. The 8 plants had only been in the ground since late December as they were actually 4 cuttings and a few random seeds I threw in the garden. Come Feb and March, without ANY watering, these plants went absolutely nuts, though TBH, we had other bigger headaches. 1 of our children had made a huge mistake in her own actions and was herself in deep trouble in NSW. Anyway by the time the police knocked on our door 23/3 7.20am, these plants were almost small trees, hence our current dilemma. If the DPCSA is to be amended, this is 1 area they need to look at. Just not fair...

3. #23 SE7EN2011, Jun 15, 2015
    Just have to add, our daughters problems in NSW are in NO way related to drugs - we have 4 children, all have left home and 3 have children, partners and jobs and NONE of them use any types of illegal drugs. I agree, at times there is a causal link with inter generational drug use but economic factors tend to skew things there as well. For me, bringing up 4 children I did not father was never a problem - I always loved them and wanted them to have my name. Unfortunately, as I'm finding out now, was being sabotaged at ever corner by other people. Sorry again for going OT but I feel I should present who I am and what made it so, in case someone else can get some understanding of their own plight..