Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Listening to Music While Highh

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by thehamilton96, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Alright, so I listen to music almost all fucking day & especially when I'm smoking and while I'm high for the next few hours.  I really love to listen to music, but when I'm high, even after just a few hits, the music I listen to sounds 100x better than normal.  I just really get into the music and I hear every beat and note and word sang much clearer.  Does any one else feel like this when high??

-I listen to Chance the Rapper, Kendrick, Wiz Khalifa, Schoolboy Q, Earl, Juicy J, Vic Mensa

2. I've only ever really gotten deep into music while high once, just two days ago actually. Me and my friend were supposed to get drunk but we only had a tiny bit of alcohol, nowhere near enough to get two people fucked up. Luckily we had a stash too so we got buzzed then went outside and smoked a couple of bowls, when we came in we were both totally fucked up and I remember us just lying down on my bed next to eachother (not gay) and he took his phone, went to a playlist he had and we laid there for a good 2-3 hours with our eyes closed just listening to the music. Asked him to look through the playlist in the morning and I listened to the songs again, they were mostly all songs that were really fucking stupid and wouldn't listen to while sober, but apparently were "deep" while high. I wanna try getting high by myself and listening to some Kendrick Lamar or Tyler the Creator sometime soon, maybe this weekend.

3. Yes the first time experienced that was listening to Pink Floyd's Dark side of the moon. Sittin in a bean bag chair with headphones through a marantz stereo. I had forescent posters on the wall and a blacklight shining on them. Great memory!

4. Try listening to some Mozart while high.

5. My brother used to wake up and listen to Mozart and other classical shit while high

6. I used to hate classical until I started to smoke, then it was mind blowing.

7. Man I listen to music damn near every time I smoke. My nightly routine: Blunt, cigarettes, and my music. I think the weed make the kick hit harder.

8. I can never bring myself to smoke a blunt or j, probably just because I live with my parents and hardly ever get money, so I try not to be wasteful with my product. I personally feel a pipe or bong is the way to go, nothing more peaceful to me than filling a bowl or two, going on my roof, and just chilling there for a couple hours.

9. i like bowls and pipes but nothing keeps me high as long as a blunt so far. If i'm feeling real sporty i'll wrap it in a job.

10. i suggest you listen to some kid cudi, you like the same artists i do :p some of his older songs are just crazy when high.

11. Grateful Dead, Papadosio, Umphrey's McGee, Slightly Stoopid are my favorite bands to spark to!  :smoking:

12. Wow. Its almost like you were there. In my case (circa 1975 or 77) it was Dark Side of the Moon and I was maybe 16 hanging with all these waitresses from a bar I worked in (lax child labor laws back then), no bean bags BUT she had these hanging wicker basket chairs that were great for music appreciation. Oh yeah, lots of Patchouli (sp) and home-made Kalhua as I recall...but the herb was amazing. Hours of Floyd, only shocked back to reality when all the clocks started chiming, you know the part..

13. I know this may sound lame by todays standards but when I get high and appreciate music, I really get into good blues music....remember, the bluesmen were some of the first and biggest 'heads'...but I know this is not for everyone and thats cool. I think part of the reason I get into this when high (moreso) is that often blues tunes are stories rather than just a rhythm and if the singer has it in his or her heart, you can really feel it come out in the music...

Attached Files:

14. CousPrime and Old School...ya took me back...same here...summer of 73, Dark Side of the Moon..Mexican sativa..good buzz and really great tunes...in the dark, Sansui deck, MagnaPan speakers with subwoofer..vinyl...smooth...

15. Who had anything BUT vinyl back then...hell at that age I could barely afford 45 RPMs. I know the rest of the stereo-philes are quoting the great equipment they groove to the music but back then, with as little tolerance as I had (for both pot and home-made liquor), the music might have been coming from inside my head, bypassing all electronic equipment.

16. I don't know why this is in "Seasoned Tokers" but yes, the musical enhancement is one of the main reasons I smoke. Listening to music while sober is like listening to the rain. You hear the one sound of millions of droplets hitting the ground at once. Listening to music while high is like being able to pick out each individual sound, made by each raindrop. When you're high, the music feels like it surrounds your head, instead of just blasting into your ears. And if you get a good body high going, you'll be able to dance to the beat like never before! High dances are so wierd, if you think about it; you get a feeling in your body that leads to improved dance skills.

17. I somehow got the idea that this just happened to be where whoever thought of the thread was when they started it. Of course you don't need seasoning to appreciate music when high. Hell with the right herb you don't even need a stereo or even recorded music. Getting high and appreciating music is cool but getting high and then *making* the music on say a Les Paul is a world that sucks me right in, right down the rabbit hole..

18. Speaking of Les Pauls... I have a 2014 Studio model in wine red...I'm a lot dissapointed with the fret work on it...rough fret ends...bastards...I had a Gibson Les Paul Deluxe back in the late 70s that was a piece of art....they need to get their shit together over there....My Fender Telecaster is miles above the LP in terms of quality of build...shame really.

19. <drift> My LP is a 2008 model; my pride though is my '65 Fender Strat I bought from a working Chicago bluesman...just feels right in my hands..<drift = off>

20. I have a good friend who I believe is a musical guru. I introduced him to his very first joint and he started coughing soo much haha!

Anyways I'm eternally grateful for getting him stoned that day, me and him would always jam together and dissect music on a much deeper level but now that he's high and we do this it's like being mind fucked over and over again by these crazy connections between certain parts of music like the whole process, live music and sound as a whole. Even more so we would talk about emotion in music and performance, little voice kinda accents kinda thing and style of music and influences that come down to the player and how many factors make up the output of each part of a piece.

This dude got accepted into Berkley from a song he wrote! He's studying and almost running the music end of a different college he chose due to expenses. He sends me all this work he's doing and he's breaking down music down to individual sounds and writes pages about how that corresponds to the entire piece. He found that after you look at music so close up it almost has no rules, compared to the classical and natural sense that music can be learned through due process of musical structure, theory, and learn other pieces.

Just food for thought.