Help Needed Autoflowering plants stopped growing and showing signs of sickness.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by IWishIWasHighRightNow, Oct 28, 2014.

1. #1 IWishIWasHighRightNow, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2014
    It's day 46 and my autoflowering plants are still only a few inches tall.

I first planted the seeds in some miracle grow soil I bought from home depot along with some small pots. I placed the five plants on a window sill, hoping the sunlight would be enough for them. The plants were growing very fast and looked perfectly healthy, but then all of them soon stopped growing and some of the plants started to show brown and yellow spots and some of the lower leaves died completely.

I thought this was due to insufficient light so I put the plants in a closet with a small 40 watt cfl light on 24/7 for about 2 weeks until a 400 watt MH light that I ordered had arrived. During those 2 weeks, some of the plants started to stretch because there wasn't enough light and the leaf discoloration got worse.

The 400 watt light then arrived and that is currently what the plants are sitting under. The light is on 24/7. I thought after I put them under the new powerful light, the discoloration of the leaves would disappear, but I was wrong - It got worse... I tried spraying Hydrogen Pyroxide (H2O2) on the plant leaves and pouring it into the soil, the leaves perked back up but the discoloration has not improved at all. I have attached images of the plants and close up of the leaves to this thread.

Current Specs:

Type of marijuana seeds: All 5 plants are Autoflowering Feminised Seeds
    Medium: Miracle grow
    Nutrients: None, other than the ones included in the Miracle grow.
    Light: 400 watt Apollo on 24/7 (currently using metal halide bulb)
    Cooling: A small desk fan (currently blowing directly on the plants to strengthen stems)

Do the plants need a bigger pot? Do you guys think they might have root rot? Do I need to change the light cycle? Should I transport the plants to a hydroponic system? Could it be a PH imbalance? Honestly I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing lol, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

IMG_0069.JPG IMG_0070.JPG IMG_0071.JPG IMG_0072.JPG IMG_0073.JPG IMG_0074.JPG IMG_0075.JPG

2. #2 QualiD, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2014
  3. Man, I really wish I didn't fucking use miracle grow. Is there any way I can save them or do I have to start all over? Thanks.

4. Sorry to say,theyre goosed.Autos are on a time schedule and yours have missed their veg stage 
    probably coz they were overfed in MG. which is not suited to cannabis anyways.
    Any MJ seedling doesnt need fed until the cotyledon leaves start going yellow,usually 2-3 weeks,
    then start feeding at 1/4 strength for photos,and 1/8 strength for autos,as autos in general dnt 
    need as many nutes.
    Start auto seedlings in final pot,i use 11 litre,no need to transplant autos.
    I found coco a good medium for autos as its got no nutes in it,and you the plant only gets what 
    you give it.
    Have a look at this link.http://www.autoflowering-cannabis.com/autoflowering-cannabis-nutrients.html
    GL

5. Thank you so much for your help I am going to start over and use your advice.

6. Easiest and most fool-proof is to use peat pellets for starters, and then into cups with a nice balanced organic soil if that's your choice, although I have to put in a plug for Hempy Buckets, which I've found to be one of the easiest ways to grow indoor weed, ever!!!
    Then go with fluorescent lights for the first couple of weeks or so, don't rush your seedlings by putting them under 400w lights, and in that pic it also looks like you've got that light way too close as well.  And best tip of all is to read, read, READ as much as possible, lots of good grow logs (just gotta sort through all the chafe, lol) and then follow the successful ones to a T, helps imo.  Better luck on your next grow, and don't give up :?D