I think I have a serious problem..

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Carne Seca, Oct 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It may hurt now, but you dodged a bullet.
    If he moved out over this, my opinion is that he doesn't think very highly of you and prefers his friends company to yours.
    Why get married to this sort of man? He doesn't seem at all protective of his loved one who has just experienced a severely traumatic event. That's just disgusting.

His friend definitely remembers and is completely cognizant of the event. He never denied being attracted to men, and claiming you have relationships up with women is the best cover for a closet homosexual. It's been done for centuries, don't kid yourself.
    Try to value yourself more please. I don't mean to be harsh here, but you seem to be very desperate to have a lasting relationship with someone who does not hold you in the high regard that you hold him. That reeks of insecurity.

If he chooses his friend in the end, count yourself lucky. He didn't love you and the relationship would have ended in a few years anyway.

Find yourself. Find your own worth and move on.

Better to be single that raped and murdered in a ditch.

Dude that just makes me think there was or still is something going on between those two. Somethings fucked here, just be glad it wasn't you're butthole at the hands of the psyco. The kids don't understand the situation, it's something they will have to come to understand later in life if ever. 

3. Scott made the wrong decision. Selfish and impulsive imo. [​IMG]

4. You should have tightened your fist, gave him a fat lip, then tell him to GTFO. I would have got dressed and then kicked his ass some more.

5. #65 lovepeacelyssa, Oct 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2014
    I've been reading all of the posts till now and I didn't know what to say. I'm not pre-law or a counselor or anything like that. I only have one really bad experience where a dealer took advantage of me, but our situations are much different.

I'm so sorry that Scott moved out. I'm so sorry that he handled this shit badly. Im sorry that he doesn't kniw how the hell to treat his partner. I'm sorry that you felt the urge to forgive that lying, psycho, piece of crap because he was "drunk" and is your fiance's best friend. I'm not sorry that you were honest with Scott and told him what happened. No matter what, I believe that although it hurts now, that action will serve for your greater good.

Reading this whole thread has gotten me so pissed off, it's hard to put into words. I'm obviously mad at that piece of shit rapist that your idiot (sorry...but at the moment he's being an idiot in my opinion) fiance calls a friend. He's disgusting. The look that you described earlier, where you felt like a mouse being toyed with by a cat, well I remember feeling the same way when I got taken advantage of. And let me tell you, that shit will hurt more than any breakup will. It will mess you up for the rest of your life. So if it was your relationship or your ass (literally) on the line, I really, really hope that you know which option would be worth taking and running with.

I truly hope that Scott will see the error of his ways and come crawling back. If he doesn't, than he doesn't deserve you. I wish you well though Carne.

6. #66 Cawdswallup, Oct 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2014
    Everybody is so supportive and caring of Carne it's giving me... It's giving me *gasp* feelings!

Tough it out Carne and do not cave first. If Scott loves you and wants a relationship with you he will come back carrying an apology.

7. Once again can't sleep. I'm on the couch.  I can't bring myself to go into that bedroom.  I keep checking the doors and windows.  My relationship with Scott is over.  He let me down when I needed him most.  There's no going back.  Not after all this.  His friend called the house a couple of times and I picked up the receiver and hung up.  I'm starting to get detached.  Not feeling anything.  I want to get drunk so bad but the kids are my first priority.  I can't let them down. 

I'm grateful to everyone for the support and advice.  It really did help me figure out what's important to me.  My niece apologized.  She doesn't hate me.  I haven't told them what's going on.  I just said that Scott and I had some problems and it was best this way.  They really liked him.  

Anyway, if I'm not here for a couple of days it's just because I'm sorting things out.  

8. I understand the despair, but a bottle isn't the answer man. Smoke a couple bowls and chill, but drinking is only gonna wind up worse in the long run. You'll be alright, even if it does feel like your life as you know it is over.

Sent from my DeLorean using a Flux Capacitor

Plant dope on the friend and tip off the fuzz.

Look at it this way. Dude would love prison.

10. Take it from a guy. If you don't tell your fiance, that's when his friend can lie and twist it around on YOU. Say "oh yeah bro she came on to me" then your fiance is mad at you. Plus, creepy guy can come after you. Tell your fiance IMMEDIATELY. Your safety and relationship is more important than his friendship.

11. I would want to be told, id probably over think it too! But in the end I'll understand and the relationship will be good,

Friendship on the other hand, terminated!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. #72 Greenunit, Oct 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2014
    I'm sorry that Scott has put his creepy friend first, he made the wrong decision, but you're probably better off without him. The kids will come around, for now you need to take care of yourself. I hope things turn around for you real soon.

Don't be so insensitive. If you think it's BS, no need to post, there's a lot of BS in this forum but Carne isn't the type to post it, especially over a matter as serious as this.

13. This thread was awful to read through. I'm genuinely sorry for how this has all played out for you, Carne. I don't know you, but I know you don't deserve this. You're a good guy who gives off good vibes; this is so far from cool. My knee-jerk reaction to whenever relationships or friendships end similarly is to say something along the lines of, "well, if they couldn't rise to the occasion when you needed them most, you're better of without them anyway."

Part of me feels that way. That you've dodged a bullet; Scott's shown his true colors now, hasn't he? Most of me, however, just feels sick about it. Angry, too.

There was a time, years ago now, that I was the best friend in this scenario. I didn't prey upon her, and there was a lot of history behind what happened, but I certainly instigated the incident that ruined a twenty year friendship. I feel terrible about what happened and I'll feel terrible about it for the rest of my life, but I feel even more terrible about what could have happened. I could have ruined a marriage, torn apart a family, put two young children through a nightmare. I am so thankful that he chose to support his partner, so thankful that all I ended up with was a busted face and a bad memory.

That's how this story is supposed to end. Fuck the best friend. A friend wouldn't do something like that in the first place, and regardless of the situation between the two people in the relationship, the friend and his shady activity shouldn't be defended on any level. You've made the best decisions throughout this whole, fucked up saga.

I wish the best for you, mate. No matter how this thing eventually plays out. All I ask, please, is that you do right by yourself and move forward with whatever is best for you.

14. #74 Annicus, Oct 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2014
    This might sound objective and blunt, but it's true IMO at least, if Scott can't trust you on this, can't try to see your side of things, and can't pull his head out of his ass then he doesn't deserve you. It's better you find this out now than later, it sucks but if people aren't gonna be there unconditionally for you then they aren't worth the time of day, emotions or feelings you have for them or worth your time tbh. I hope Scott grows the fuck up, mans the fuck up and realizes this is a huge deal for you, if not fuck it, life's too short to be wasted on people who don't have your 6.

Edit: I forgot to say how much I admire you, love you and respect you. That in itself is a compliment :laughing:

15. Wait what!!! Ok. I'm a straight man. Married. If my wife told me my best friend from high school that I have known longer than her did this to her my choice is clear. Clear as fucking alpine spring water. That negro is getting his ass beat. I don't care if he was a gay man and he did that to my wife his ass is getting handled. My LOVE is the one I vhoose. I ain't choosing some dude over my chick. Oh HELL NAW. They got some shit going on. Trust.

16. It no longer matters.  We're not together anymore.  The wedding was canceled.  It's over.  Nothing more to be said. 

17. Well, there's a reason he's his ex.. =\\

Sounds like his ex is one of those guys that uses being gay as an excuse to commit fucked up acts.  Sorry for your troubles.

18. Tons of positive, healing vibes to you Carne! 

PM me if you change your mind. /thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.