Getting old and wimpy?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sue Do Nim, Oct 28, 2014.

1. I suspect I may be getting soft in my old age. Last night, I decided to catch up on the current season of The Walking Dead. I've watched the first four seasons and, admittedly, I had some weak moments, but I wasn't prepared for what I saw last night.

For anyone who has seen it, I'm referring to the scene in the first few minutes of this season's premier. The scene where the Terminus gang has Rick and several others lined up over the trough, hitting them with a baseball bat then cutting their throats.

I squirmed my way through that scene and had to turn it off. Honestly, I don't know if I'll ever watch it again. It was just way too intense and the thought of people doing that to another person just made me sick.

Granted, I was pretty high at the time. That almost certainly intensified things, but it was still quite disturbing.

I used to love stuff like this but I find that I just don't have the stomach for it anymore. Is it just me or has anyone else noticed themselves becoming more sensitive as they get older?

2. This is why I don't watch TV and instead play video-games. The violence there isn't stomach-wrenching to watch. But hey. Beach bum peace-loving new-age hippy and stuff. <_<

3. Shit was crazy though, no lie

4. I use to watch Faces of Death and scary movies just to push the limits but now I'm more spiritual and feel like Hellish imagery will be used against me somehow.

So I avoid beheading videos and demonic horror stuff.

I have no problem with Walking Dead though. 

5. If you think that's fucked up, don't continue watching this season. :laughing:

6. My knees crack more than they did when I was 21...

7. I'm kind of the same way, except I just don't watch gory shit anymore. I use to love it when I was younger and have seen some fucked up shit. I can still watch it, I just don't value it as entertainment any more. Walking dead type stuff doesn't bother me that much, its all fictional anyway. The type I dislike more now are movies that focus on torture, rape, or child abuse. That shit happens every day, and isn't something I find entertaining personally.

8. I watched that part like 12 times because i too was almost sickended by it. But i was high, and absolutely fascinated by it

9. My hands hurt more than they did when I was 63. :(

10. #11 Sue Do Nim, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2014
    Thanks for the warning. I may call it quits on TWD.

11. Aye you old duffers are just a drain on our ever decreasing resources.

You really ought to be less selfish and just quietly do away with Yourselfs. Lol

12. #13 Fizzly, Oct 28, 2014

Fuck you! :mad:

I'm still running my business full-time. :)

13. Just messing ;)

Older ppl are pretty cool

Yeah, I wasn't really pissed, I just love using that mad little smiley. :D

15. I was just referred to as an old duffer. Made my day. :yay:

If yer an "old duffer," WTF am I??? :(

17. #18 lazytoker, Oct 28, 2014
    I don't watch that show but I happened to see that throat cutting scene. I was surprised how brutal it was because of the soft audience I usually hear talking about it

18. Yeah, it was bad. Seriously, I'm still kind of bothered by it.

19. I don't speak "The Queen's English" so I don't know what comes after "old duffer". We need a Brit to clarify this.