Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Need help. Smoking is scary now.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by sansa17, Oct 27, 2014.

1. #1 sansa17, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2014
    This is a difficult thing for me to write, mostly because I'm not entirely sure how to explain how I'm feeling. I've been a lurker on this site for quite some time and have been having some serious problems and decided to make an account and see what you guys have to say. Please bare with me while I try to explain this, and I really hope I can find some nice friends on here to talk to, I need it.

I've been smoking off and on for a few years now, so I'm definitely not a newbie by any means. But I had to stop while I was in the military, and I didn't really start back up, smoking evert day, until a few months ago. One of these times when I first started back up, I smoked a lot and got extremely high. It felt like I was completely detached from the world, my brain kept, moving in circles and I was in this trance. It didn't feel like I was dead, more like that I knew what the world really was. I kind of felt the world, and each second, was like this video:  
     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPRrhdnYNmM&app=desktop  

only instead of it zooming back in at the end, it zoomed out even further to start itself over again. Anyways, I guess I felt like I knew that that was how the world really was. That none of us really exist, it's all inside my mind. This went on for what I assume was a few hours and then I eventually woke up. I felt detached, cold, like nothing made sense anymore. But eventually all my warm feeling came back and I started to view the world as what we all see it for.

But sometimes, if I smoked a lot, I could get back to that trance level. It scared me, I didn't like being like that, and eventually I got used to smoking so much that I really couldn't get back to that level.

Then one night I decided to eat some edibles I made, and do other things and then smoke a lot. A first I didn't really feel anything, but eventually it all became way too much and I was freaking out. I felt insanely cold, time started to move and I would black out for seconds at a time. I felt like I couldn't talk but I was having conversations with people and they understood what I was saying. I became very uncomfortable with where I was and eventually ended up at a friends where I felt safe and could sleep it off.

Now, whenever I smoke, it becomes very easy for me to get into this trance feeling, where nothing is real. Before, it would take a few grams of smoking to get me like that, after the incident, sometimes I get that way after 1-2 bowls. It's seriously scary and I feel detached from the whole world. Like people don't make sense, none of this makes sense. I feel like rooms and houses are just cages. I can't really explain it, but it's been freaking me out. I stated to go into one of these trances and I realized it, got up and tried to move around, bringing myself to reality, but it didn't work. It all felt like a horrible twisted dream where my stomach hurts and everything is spinning and not making sense.

I still feel completely detached and honestly feel afraid that nothing is real. I'm just hoping some people on here can comment about an experience they had or if you could give me advice. I'm going to stop smoking for a while. I miss the calming effect it used to have on me, but now I just get into this weird zone and it's just...it's not good. Sorry if I'm not making too much sense, I just don't know how to explain everything. So please comment so I have someone to talk to about this.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ronald is not my friend lol

3. I didn't read the whole thing but you can't talk about other drugs here. 

4. Ah thanks, didn't know. Fixed

5. #6 BloodBooger, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2014
    Fucked up as a little worm...crawling,slithering.....twisting...its all in the herb. Stay away from heavy machinery...heck, any machine...curl up and in an hour its all better. The thing you need to realize is cannabis is non toxic...the problem isn't the weed...its you. Some people shouldnt smoke....just like some shouldnt drink...reality is a thin veneer for some..looks like you are living on the outside of the shell looking in at times...take a break.

6. #7 enjoyandlive, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2014
    you had that experience because:
    1. You smoked too much weed
    2. You smoked too much weed
    3. You smoked too much weed
    6. You smoked too much weed and took big hits

you got too high looks like. and the bigger hits you take the higher you get.

That type of high honestly sounds like a fun time to me. Its all about your outlook, if it is positive i dont believe in getting a bad high

• Like Like x 3
  7. Just have to learn to deal with altered states of consciousness. Close your eyes and think really hard. You might start enjoying it. If noy quit smoking. Some people are just not meant to smoke. Don't worry the LD50 rate on marijuana Is astounding.

8. You went from an environment of control, discipline, and responsibility and your brain is struggling with being "loose".

Don't lose the discipline, but relax and enjoy the specrum.

• Like Like x 3
    This^ the anxiety will go away eventually if you continue to burn. I dealt with the same thing after going through a similar incident. I just forced myself to get over it, and sure enough I did

• Like Like x 2
  10. I want to thank everyone who has responded! It's been interesting and insightful to see what everyone has said.

I want to make it clear that I definitely didn't smoke too much, I've gone through a 1/4 in a day with no problems like this whatsoever. It just seems that since the one incident, shit has gone downhill. Anxiety probably has a lot to do with it, I'm always waiting to see if the transition happens and am sometimes too worried about when it will hit. 

I definitely think I'm going to take a break, at least two weeks.

11. Yeah I was just about to suggest that you take a break, and definitely decrease your intake. Even if you don't think you smoked too much, it won't help by smoking more. Try doing just one bowl and see how you feel. There are probably a myriad of factors that could be causing this, but the only quanitifiable one that you can start with is your intake. At least that's where I'd go with it.

12. I have anxiety and I have had some mad shit happen in my mind while high! I have moved from smoking to vaporising this week and I must say the high is more suitable in my own opinion for avoiding this type of high.

Also, have you ever heard of an exisitential crisis? I had one, deeply unpleasant but I'm on the other side now, looking forward and giving myself a reason to exist. I can look at everything now, and look at the houses, the people and the systems all around us visible and invisible. Before I would look at them and go 'what is the point if we are going to die? Why does nobody see this? Am I just perceiving life passing me by and that is it??'. Now I'm not sure if that's similar to how you felt when you were very high.

Now I look at the same and go 'Isn't it wonderful that this is even happening in the first place?'. It's become my new mantra in any situation when I feel like i'm too tripped out. In any situation really. I hope this helps and I would advise trying a vape with a small dose if you can afford it. 

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sounds like a head trip

14. i dont know bro, doesnt sound too seasoned to me, weed shouldnt cause that especially if you smoked for a long time. its a mild halluc..i cant spell the rest in one try right now

15. Head was in a bad place, you got way too high while in that place. Now your worry  about that brings you back there every time. Like  simple paranoia  for someone else your pre existing fear of  that kind of high happening, makes it happen. Happened  to me when I moved back to kali from mid west. Weed quality was very different, bad high,  for seriously 2 years  had trouble every time I got high. 

My $0.02 is for you to  buy shitty weed, smoke tiny amounts, and have a positive stimuli like a tv show you can get sucked into or the like. 100s  of happy mild highs should help you forget, and be back to some control and enjoyment.

or

quit until you  have that memory  and fear fade. if you move back into weed  take it SLOW.  edibles  can be scary mostly because it keeps building when your mind and body thinks being high should be ending.

It also is unnerving thinking something that has been such a happy part of your life for so long might now need to be removed from it. That worry  doesn't help it either.

Best of luck,

QG 

• Like Like x 1
  16. what other drugs.? plz put just like a x imbetween each letter than delete after just so i know the whole story. I don't like breaking rules not his site and I 100% respect them so. Just delete as soon as I post my full diagnosis if you will lol. 

That ronald almost gave me a heart attack when i scrolled down Ron Bergundy. My worst fear, even worse than death, far worse, is a creepy/killer/rapist clown. They are evil. You just ruined my whole high. Everytime i think about them baked I can't stop thinking about them for until I'm mellowed out again. ): 

17. And what i can already say is 
    1: don't smoke so much
    2: Surround yourself with happy high friends and a better environment
    3: Find a different strain or type(sat. Ind. or hybrid) maybe try some wax or edible or switch it up and just experiment with different bud.
    4: It is most likely all in your mind so just have a different mind set going into smoking.
    5: stop smoking its supposed be a fun experience and if its not, then mary jane aint the right girl for you ):

18. Also 

Also added to my above statement ^^^    I also used to have really bad paranoia when i used to live with my mom and I had fears of getting rolled and every time was all paranoia until I just told myself hey its al in your head. Just clear your mind or think of something funny and tell yourself its not real and you'l come to reality. Then again maybe this is how you see the world? and getting stoned is just showing you your true thoughts about life. so maybe you can just embrace it and take it farther or alter yourself. Last I used to get really paranoid when I smoke by myself. I still do but just not every time. Because when i lived with my mom I wasn't aloud to go to friends houses(she's kinda crazy lol).  so now i go places go outside on a beautiful day spend it with my friends take my dog for a walk and just enjoy life. Also this may have something to do with you going into the military. Just enjoy life more and You'll be happier trust me. Thats a lot sorry haha.

19. [Timothy Leary sample:]

Think for yourself
    Question authority

Throughout human history, as our species has faced the frightening,
    terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are, or where we are going in
    this ocean of chaos, it has been the authorities, the political, the
    religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by
    giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their
    view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and
    learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open-mindedness;
    chaotic, confused, vulnerability to inform yourself.

Think for yourself.
    Question authority.

And Mr.Bill Hicks

"See, I think drugs have done some good things for us, I really do. And if you don't believe drugs have done good things for us, do me a favor; go home tonight, take all your albums, all your tapes, and all your CD's and burn em'. 'Cause you don't want the musicians who've made all that great music that's enhanced your lives throughout the years?..
    Rrrrrrrreal fuckin' high on drugs."
    - Bill Hicks

"Today a young man on a**d realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather."
    - Bill Hicks (Originally, not him speaking here.)

"It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom is what it is, ok? Keep that in mind at all times, thank you."

This^^^^^
    Is the beginning of Third Eye by Tool.

The first time I heard it, I understood completely....

Don't make such a big deal of it, you are freaking yourself out.....

"Embrace this moment, remember ...We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion"

Maynard James Keenan

• Like Like x 2