How to Make Full Melt Ice Water Extract - Tutorial

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Brother Urb, Oct 27, 2014.

1. I know it has nothing to do with hash but some male flower pron.  I am RANDO MCPOLLENCHUCK!  BWHAHAHAHA!

Seen a guy call pollen chuckers that.  It was awesome.

Some stray pollen or seeds in mi herb don't bother me none.

016.JPG 017.JPG

021.JPG 022.JPG

2. #842 todderfran, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015
    Yeah man so far everything from Reserva is good.  Which is DNA I believe right?  I have also grown their OG-18 and it is amazing smoke, but the resin hasn't amazed me like the Training Day.  Though I do have one that I kept which just went into flower.  Every strain from every breader is going to have a certain number of phenol types.  At least 2.  Mother, and father dominant traits.  The key is weeding through many of them to find the keepers.  This is something I consider a skill.  Comes with lots of experience by growing many different strains.  TGA has always been on my list, but I have only rescently had a set up which would allow for weeding through males, and/or breeding.  TGA really only does regular seeds.  I think they just got into fem's.  All TGA strains are officially certified "Full Melt" by Bubbleman.  So yeah I am crazy baked and could talk all day about hunting for that perfect phenol all day.

3. I kind of thought Bubbleman was clearing out his screens after learning about Pocono and even talking about them on Hash Church but nope.....  he made a post on IG selling them for $400 per set. YIKES! [​IMG]

I feel terrible for all of the people that buy them.  Luckily his IG got blown up with talk about Pocono.  I'm worried Pocono is going to jack up the price because their demand has definitely risen.

4. Might have to pull the trigger on some asap. You got any yet?

Chef.

Head Chefs Indoor and Outdoor Adventures - http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1289059-Headchef%27s-indoor-and-outdoor-adventures

5. Same here man. Sucks.

They are so cheap tho! Wonder what it will cost to shop to UK... Need to figure out how many screens I want and want micron/mesh size.
    I have used basic screens before with good results but these things look surgical! Love em :)

Chef.

Head Chefs Indoor and Outdoor Adventures - http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1289059-Headchef%27s-indoor-and-outdoor-adventures

Unfortunately Pocono only ships to USA and Canada. :(

I'm sure there are plenty of silk screen and t shirt printing supply shops in UK though.

As for how many screens and sizes, Bubbleman has them listed with his screen sets.  I'd just copy those.

7. That sucks

Honestly unless you want to separate the head sizes, which you would only do with tons of material, the 2 screen set is still all I have used.  That is a 110 line on top and 196 line on the bottom.  Bubbleman sells a 200 line on bottom, but I really don't think those 4 lines per inch matter.  The 110 line is like 149 micron and the 196 line is about 75 micron.

I recommend you guys get some screens when you can afford.  It is a different experience all around.  Really good thing for really learning your resin.  Meaning its density, stickiness, weight, etc.

I can't imagine those 4 lpi makes a difference either. 

I'm so high right now. [​IMG]

I can't remember, are you doing the 10 second sift or the carding method or both?

9. Statick parchment.  Nothing but broken down contaminant can go through the 75 micron screen.  I have no idea what micron screens DSW uses.  Bounce it, and break it up.  then collect pile on 200 line screen (75 micron) and static parchment that out.  Clean it twice then card on the third time or not at all.  Walla done.

10. Some dry sift.  Cotton Candy was the strain.  And a few shots of some rosin made with lesser grad bubble.  Pressed 190, 160, and 25u product.  190, and 160 were about the same color.  25u came out dark.  Stuff is really potent.  And the taste really is fantastic. IMG_0558.JPG IMG_0559.JPG IMG_0560.JPG IMG_0561.JPG IMG_0562.JPG

11. WTF the pictures are fucking huge if you click on them?

12. Wow those are huge how do you do that?

But YO!  Picture number 2!!!!   Great job brother that stuff looks very clean!  Who needs a microscope when you take examine with photos like that? [​IMG]

13. They just loaded like that.  But yeah kind of cool for looking at dry sift.  That still needs to be cleaned one more time.  You can see some stuff in there if you look close.  But thank you sir.

14. You are a perfectionist!  That's what I like to see. :D

15. That dry sift looks wonderful.  I chopped my Bay 11 (never growing that again) about 3 weeks ago and have kept it in a room at 65-70% humidity until 3 days ago when I lowered it to about 63%.  I just jarred the buds but I have a lot of popcorn and some trim I'm going to use for bubble.  Should I go ahead and run it now or would it be better to jar it and let it age a while?  I think I read here sometime in the past someone was aging it for a few months before running it so I'm wondering.

16. I found where sirdabsalot says age it 6 months and I can do that.  It probably makes little difference either way.  Thanks though.

I think aging it can't hurt whatsoever.  I've never cured any of my material before spinning it though, so the choice is up to you. [​IMG]

if you have enough to try both I'd say try both and see which one you like best.  I'd also love to hear your opinion on that if you do it.

18. No shit. Just getting caught up. I'm overwhelmed by the insane amount of info flowing from this episode.

Do you guys have any good reading material so I can learn a bit more about trichomes etc? Just started reading Inside the Trichome from Bubbleman in that CC mag.