How to Make Full Melt Ice Water Extract - Tutorial

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Brother Urb, Oct 27, 2014.

1. #801 CanadianOrganic, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2015
    That is fucking beautiful. I'm thinking I need to get me some. What did they run ya with shipping and whatnot?

Of course I could probably find the answer in five minutes hahah

• Like Like x 1
    Cheers!

3. Like $140 after S&H.  You could do the 2 screens for like $60.  Which is all I have used.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I [​IMG] this thread

• Like Like x 3
  5. I've have a bag of ice sitting in my freezer for like two weeks, tomorrow enough is enough..

• Like Like x 2
  6. I second that. 

@Grow2dab I will also be spinning and watching some hash church tomorrow.  Sunday spin day.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Much love my hash lovin brothers and sisters.   You have no idea that gives me great joy. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. My initial thoughts on dry sift.  I feel I must share what is in my head.  Now let me start with saying I am still a newb at this process.  I did 3 bounces of same material, and initial bounce of another batch of material.  All initial bounces came out what I consider great with no secondary cleaning.  secondary cleaning made them stellar, and a third cleaning makes them stunning.  It does take 3 cleanings, and the cleaning becomes addictive.  Now you knew it was coming, my big problem.  I feel this is not a process for anyone to get seriously into unless they have shit loads of material.  The numbers I posted yesterday were after secondary cleaning.  all those weights were then cut again in half.  Well close anyhow.  One pile was reduced by 1/3.  So yeah like we knew the yield sucks.  Great for head stashes, but unless you are D420K and have friends dropping off pounds of unwanted material it is just not worth it for the closet/home grower.  just being totally honest.  Don't get me wrong it is fucking fantastic and I will be making much more.  I just don't want a bunch of guys spending money they don't have to run material they don't have to waste in the first place.  One main reason I come to this conclusion is because my well made bubble is very close to as good, and the return is much better. Though the effect from dry sift is a tad better.  Unfortunately the sifted material I don't think I would want to run through bubble bags because it is broken up so fine you will end up with plant contaminant in your final product.  We can't have that.  Only feasible thing is to do edibles which I am not at all into.  Just my .02 take it as you will.  No love lost for dry sift just my honest opinion from a hash lover.

• Like Like x 6

Great thoughts and input man. I very much appreciate you sharing this with us and I'm sure others as well.  These are definitely things worth considering when making a purchase.  I feel that your opinion holds great value as well in that you are now becoming well versed in multiple methods of extraction. 

I've heard bubbleman say the exact same thing I highlighted in bold.  I'm glad to hear it from you also.  Not that I don't trust Bman but..... you know. [​IMG]   Your opinion is obviously completely unbiased.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do have a question for you in regards to the craftsmanship/artisan skills which kind of touches on what you are speaking on - not being for everyone.  I've always had the assumption that dry sift is not for everyone in the aspect that many people simply don't have the care or desire which leaves them the lack of ability to card and refine and do these processes to make the finest dry sift.  Would you say this is true?      Because I feel this is clearly true with bubble hash and in my mind I imagine there is even less need to be meticulous in the process of ice water extraction as opposed to sifting for a 99% heads.

With all this being said I think I still want a set of screens even though I generally don't have lots of material to process.  I am not concerned with yield one bit.  Isolating the heads is isolating the heads. Vegetable plant weight and capitate stalk weight means absolutely nothing to me. What's there is there and I'll get it, one way or another. 

• Like Like x 4
  10. #810 todderfran, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2015
    There is much more meticulous care when cleaning the sift up.  I think static parchment changed the game big time.  I honestly started playing with the resin on the 75 micron screen and it is touchy.  Lots of static on the screen.  If you move to quick or it is too warm or even just melty heads and the card junks up quick.  I was like oh fuck what did I do.  Then reached for the parchment and it made things doable on the first try.  Otherwise I think I would have been learning carding for like 5 runs.  Like I said I know I can still get better.  And yes do buy some screens it is great head stash and even more body relaxation than bubble.  Now one thing I can hit on is the material used is the same as material used for my last bubble run.  Not the fresh frozen run.  And I think this resin is hard to tell the difference between sift and microplaned bubble.  also the bubble gives you other useable grades which I like.  Taste is very similar.  Almost can't tell.  The sift is sexy as hell to look at though.

• Like Like x 2
  11. One thing I am excited about though is now I have dry sift for Hahs Church.[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 3
  12. sorry you feel that way man. I'm just trying to help a fellow blade out that is it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I agree they shouldn't go posting this in every thread
    Also thanks for the unbiased review. I'm with Urb, I don't care about yield. I think it would be fun :)
    Especially at $60 for the two screen set!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Great review, TF. :wave: hope you hash heads are enjoying the weekend :)

• Like Like x 3
  15. Def a good weekend.

So I just watched one of the better, more informative bubble making sessions with Bubbleman.  Bubble making session with Ron and Buddy 3.  Lots of good little details.  Especially if you are going to run 20 gallon bags.  Now I know why my screening didn't go right.  I was using frozen patties.  ( Insert hand to face icon here)

• Like Like x 4
  16. One hour warning to Hash Church.

• Like Like x 2
    Mornin brotha.    Wake-n-bakin. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 3