How to Make Full Melt Ice Water Extract - Tutorial

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Brother Urb, Oct 27, 2014.

1. and you get a good bit from pressing the hash too eh?  In comparison to squishing buds that is.   I fucking love it man, 3* to 6*. 

Here's some pics of what I cleaned up today.

003.JPG 006.JPG 012.JPG

and some of the spent hash and herb nuggets from the past week.

021.JPG

MUUUURKED my pressing screen though. [​IMG]      It's all misshapen now with nipples all over it.

2. Yeah the hash produces super well as it should though.  Now I see why they say like 7* and 8* on hash church

3. Holy chit man bubble bags ain't cheap. Bad idea to go with a 3rd party brand? Lol.

4. The 5 gallon 8 bag lite set is under $200

5. #785 donothinggardening, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
    $200 just seems pricey for some screens that are woven into the bottom of some bags lol. :confused_2: I guess if you take proper care of them they will last for years, so it is an investment of sorts. Don't really want to risk getting something made with cheap chinese dyes and what-not I suppose.

Edit: why does this topic only have 4 stars?? Place ya votes, guys!! :poke:

Hey TJ!   I had a friend buy a no name set of bags way back.  They worked fine, but it was only a 4 bag set, so no full melt. A micron mesh is a micron mesh, but if you buy a cheap set of bags you run the risk of them falling apart.  I believe there was a set called "sprung" bags which the lining on the inside would eventually start breaking off bits into the hash.  Definitely wouldn't want that.  Or who knows about the stitching quality.

You are right though, they are an investment.  I have a set of Boldtbags but they are equally as pricey as the original bubble bag set. Definitely build to last though.

Perhaps consider a set of dry sifting screens from poconosupply.com? Much cheaper but it will take a some special care to create a similar quality product.

7. Yeah I had a set of "Grow your own" bags.  Cost like $40 for the 8 bag set.  Sturdy, but almost too sturdy.  The side walls on the bags was so stiff it was tough to work with.  And I seem to get better bubble out of the bubblebag lites.  Like everything in this industry they say they are bringing it to the masses yet charge a price few can afford.  Makes tons of sense hey.  But props to "D" for the Pocono supply link.  No pics yet but loving the screens.  First bounce is almost all heads with no cleaning.   Gonna get to carding and static parchment in a bit here today.

8. #788 CanadianOrganic, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015

What screens sizes did you get?

I really wanna get me a set! You said you're only really using two screens out of the four, correct?

9. I got the 4 screens Dabs listed in the link.  86, 91, 110, 196 line.  Right now just using the 110, 196  110 to bounce on and 196 to clean on.  And oh man is it sweet.  Got the first few pics.  Not sure of order, but you can see the clean pile next to contaminant pile. IMG_0548.JPG   Just clean pile IMG_0549.JPG   just contaminant. IMG_0550.JPG

10. Oh man that is making my mouth water and it's not even in HD. [​IMG]

it's funny how easy it is to tell which is contaminant and which isn't from even the thumbnail.

11. this is so easy it should be illegal.  Oh wait.[​IMG]

12. Stunning man! And you said that was without cleaning!?

Chef.

Head Chefs Indoor and Outdoor Adventures - http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1289059-Headchef%27s-indoor-and-outdoor-adventures

13. That is literally 10 min cleaning with static parchment.  Which for me is only collecting heads.  No contaminant on the opposite side.  I did a first bounce yesterday that was super clean without carding.  But I didn't show that.  Just keeping the piles separate.  So I did a quick bounce, and collected into pile.  Then a long bounce where I broke nugs up, and was pretty rough.  That is what I am cleaning now.  Then I will do a third bounce mostly for learning purposes.

14. Though I am not done I got some numbers here for ya.  Keep in mind I am going to screen this material one more time.  Just to see.  But I started with 48.21 grams of material.  After the 2 bounces I was left with 41.51g so that is a collection of 6.7g.  Now I took that and cleaned it down to 2.28 grams of pure heads.  The heads in the first bounce pile are a little larger, and a tad more in tact if that makes sense.  Second bounce heads are just not quite as big and round.  This initial run I combined the 2.  In the future all first bounce heads will be separated.  So that's like a 4.7% return of pure heads.  I am new to this but I am guessing over 95% heads on first try.  I have yet to dab, and plan to either bubble or spray the used material to see what I get, but will most likely go to edibles, or canna caps.  Waste pile def have some heads, but def not smokeable.

15. And the magic.

Cleaned pile in the sun IMG_0551.JPG

Cleaned pile in jar IMG_0552.JPG   The dry sift is heavy.  You think the pile is small but it weighs a lot.

Contaminant left on screen IMG_0553.JPG

Contaminant under screen on left. IMG_0554.JPG

16. Pulled another clean .64 from 3rd bounce.  To the untrained eye there is no difference in the 3 piles, but if you look real close the 3rd pile is just not quite the same color.  By no means bad at all.  Prob. still well over 90% heads.  So that 2.92 grams from 48 of flower.  Honestly I will take that.

17. I can't seam to find the link you mentioned for sift screens, mind reposting it?
    Thanks

poconoscreen.com :)

19. Thanks man!