Brinks 4300 Lumen and 2035 Bright White 6500k CFL Question

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by ogderp84, Oct 27, 2014.

1. bought a bunch of these... but before doing so, put it in a lamp to make sure it fit a socket... and it did ( but i wasnt able to turn it on at the store ) ... got home... stuck them in my grow room... zero work... and im not sure why... has anyone ever used these before? do you need to buy some sort of special socket of sorts? i know these are designed as a outside/inside security lamp, so perhaps the socket is different for it? everything seems totally normal after holding it up to the previous cfls, only it appears that the new ones i bought may be a hair thinner at the male end of the bulb... 

if i do need something special for these, anyone know where to get it?i really wanted to use these bulbs... but im having so many problems trying to find bulbs i can afford at the moment... until im able to get my metal halide set up. 

http://www.amazon.com/Brinks-7054-LGT-Bulb-Light/dp/B00KMO0CPM

^ what they look like

2. Should work in a normal base, They look overpriced tho for the output. You can get 2x limo studios 105 watt bulbs for about 20 bucks.  Thats nearly 3x the lumens and they work great I have 4 of them.

3. Those bulbs require Brinks fixture as well ause the ballast is I. The fixture, not the bulb.