Did Harper just pass another fucked up bill?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pickledpie, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Well I hope we do that anyways! I rather just move to another country.

2. Runaway and it'll catch up. Preserve your dignity and natural sovereignty.

3. Lol I don't consider America anything...

4. And you shouldn't. Yet why should you have to move away when there is tyranny. There should be steadfast courage in the face of tyranny. It shouldn't be accepted or endured. It must be removed and destroyed entirely. Nothing should stand in the way of personal liberty. Nothing. To stand for it is to bow your head like a slave before demons.

5. Nah, I would never call America home, I enlisted in the army when I was younger. Now, I would never die for this shithole.

Yeah, you pretty much have to pay taxes no matter where you move. And they make if FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE to stop paying anytime soon.

sources:

http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/International-Taxpayers/U.S.-Citizens-and-Resident-Aliens-Abroad

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expatriation_tax#United_States

http://www.forbes.com/sites/robertwood/2014/08/28/u-s-hikes-fee-to-renounce-citizenship-by-422/

TL;DR - You have to pay taxes, even when living abroad (state tax exempt). In order to renounce citizenship, you must pay a fee (tax) of $2,350. Once you expatriate (renounce citizenship) you are still eligible to pay taxes for up to 10 years unless you can prove our average annual net income tax for the 5 years ending before the date of expatriation or termination of residency is more than $157,000.

7. #27 *ColtClassic*, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2014

I think the majority of former military service members are starting to obtain this sentiment.

The USG treats able-bodied men of conscription age as disposable assets. I can't blame you for feeling this way. My brother was in the military for 4 years and luckily faced an injury and was able to stay out of combat for the majority of his term. It was an injury that possibly prevented PTSD and fatal injury.

* sorry for double-post, the script on this page is giving me trouble.

8. in a sense, utility bills, cable, internet, etc are all taxes. just something to think ab

9. #29 *ColtClassic*, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2014

To a degree. These utility companies do collude with the state to form regional monopolies, but they are distinguishable from a tax.

A tax is a mandatory payment. It is forced; demanded. This payment is required no matter what services you use or your specific usage.

It is actually quite different. Once you look at more examples, you begin to realize that the services you mention are still voluntary, although there are strict barriers of entry for competition (which leads to regional monopolies). However, taxes are not voluntary.

10. Does anyone have a link to this bill?

Or is this just more paranoid bs from the leftists?

11. Yur good dood

Soooo?

What do you mean? You are thinking this won't pass?

14. I don't know. Maybe I am not informed enough about these things, but this needs to enter the public sphere first and the public's reception to it should dictate its passing. This isn't the US... I hope.

What do you mean? This bill is in Canada..

16. Yeah. I mean that I hope this doesn't pass because... Canada.

Do you live in Canada? Maybe you've already mentioned this - if so, my bad.

18. yeah.