question for people who use mechanical mods to dab.

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by showbe345, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Hi guys,

So I really like my vapes, and I have quite the collection. I plan on doing some tests to see what would work well.

I was thinking of building a temperature control coil, something like 24ga A1k and some 26ga ni200 as a 3.8mm single coil, through the center of my two post archon on my iPV 3 Li. Problem is, do you think that 572 degrees fahrenheit would be enough?

Also, I have done the whole wick/no wick debate and I'm just unsure. Cotton always seems to burn at some point. For those of you who have used the ceramic wicks, do you like it? Do you apply juice to these wicks?

Another possibility would be a Clapton coil. Due to its texture, I would think that it would soak the wax right up, and not drip through on to my build deck as much. Thoughts?

2. I have a Mutation V3 RDA that I use on an eleaf 60w TC. I mix my own eliquids using PEG 400 with anything from wax to shatter and it vapes nicely on the dripper. Doesnt stick to the walls or get everything super sticky either.

heres some PEG/Shatter before mixing with anything else

[​IMG]

<sup></sup>

BHO vaping point is around 360 deg F if i recall? so yea should be good as hell [​IMG]

3. When the glass globes break on those wax/shatter/butter mods, you can replace them with these carbureted globes . You can ditch the drip tip too. Glow-in-the-dark PLA and primary colors of Nalgene (PETG) are available. Those are both BPA-free plastics used in drinking glasses and water bottles. Your vape pen mods will hit and clear much easier. The plastic stays solid up to 350 degrees and the temperature never gets anywhere near that as far from the coil as it is.

4. I use an Ego with a 1100 mah milliamperhours meaning how long the battery lasts Ive tried several coils and th one im using now is good its like an actual dab nail almost but the air intake valves are to narrow and have to pull to hard to get smoke puts too much pressur onthe lungs chest it works and i can get huge rips but it has some issues ....im still trying to find the perfect coil .

5. i just put the wax on the coil and hit it no ejuice needed..

6. eliquid controls the temp of the coil. its keeps it from getting too hot too fast and from burning the cotton which is bad and taste like shit. ego batteries are notoriously weak. look for a regulated box mod that can do 30 watts or more, add a drip atomizer and wrap yourself a sub ohm coil. I vape a 0.19ohm 22ga dual coil at 60 watts and i get huge clouds. An ego battery wouldnt even be able to properly fire that kind of coil

7. #27 ajroxit, Dec 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2015
    I got an atomizer for my dab rig. it hits beasters too. like a pen for your dab rig. it has better coils so it hits good. you get deep milky hits.

super stealthy too. I use It in the bathroom then use a tube to blow the hit into the bathrooms exhaust fan. works like a charm and doesn't stink. I can see how a pen works so well for your circumstances. first rule of being a stoner, don't get caught.

8. I get huge hits off my enail eGo I just fiddle with the button like i hold it on for a few seconds and pull my hit let off the button before it blinks and then press it again I can Blo
    w Giant clouds with my lil epen nail thing too . I dont like pulling thru such a tiny hole though its too much pressure meaning have to strain lung muscles diaphragm to hard versus a regular sized carburateo or just stem hole thats like a half inch these enail holes are like a single micron ....one things for sure better weed makes better hash ..