Lucid Dreaming Thread

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by enterthewurmwhole, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Subd. Even though I can't do it. I dont even remember my dreams ever. When I was a little one I had a lot of nightmares so I wonder if I subconsciously convinced myself to forget my dreams

2. I used to be good at lucid dreaming, like 4-5 nights a week.
    Once I started smoking every night before bed, I stopped having dreams, even normal ones.

Lucid dreaming is some freaky shit because even if you're fully aware and think you have full control, it only takes one small negative thought to fuck it all up and turn it into a psychotic nightmare.

Recently though, I have smoked with friends and the whole time I was high, it felt like I was reliving some odd dream I had and that dream had predicted the future. All the conversation, music, seating positions, weather and everything was like exactly as I thought I remembered or predicted it. Freaky shit.

3. I don't think I've ever had a real lucid dream. If I have, then there has only been one. Otherwise, once I get to the point that I realize I'm dreaming I  usually wake up within a few seconds.

4. When i was young i realized i was dreaming pretty often. Unfortunately i had a lot of bad dreams back then so I'd wake myself up asap. :eek: I remember in one dream I was just upstairs in my room and my sisters room was straight across and didn't have a door. It was pitch black in there and i saw something creepy.. so i grabbed this box by me and smacked myself in the face and i woke up haha :smoke:

I woke up crying another time because i was having a dream where my dad was going to the electric chair, idk why lol. I knew it was a dream but could not wake up for the life of me :( lol

I have yet to try doing whatever i'd want in my own dreams..

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Ahh man I miss having lucid dreams. I used to have them 4-5 nights a week before I started daily toking. It's crazy how real they can seem during the experience even though the situation is absolutely absurd and illogical. I remember waking up crying one night because I was convinced that my dog ate my parents...

6. I just experienced a lucid nightmare last night over new years it was trippy

7. lol, id much rather choose lucid dreaming over smoking everyday. just smoke once or twice a week and dream the rest 

8. Lucid dreaming is definitely a learnable skill. Unfortunately smoking weed can make it more difficult to do so. Marijuana effects your REM sleep (the phase of sleep in which you dream) and can make it more challenging to remember your dreams.

On days you wish to lucid dream I recommend not smoking or smoking much earlier in the day.

Learning lucid dreaming is a holistic process that requires performing several steps together. You need to improve your dream recall, keep a dream journal, perform reality checks throughout the day, increase your waking state awareness, and implement lucid dream induction techniques.

When you're able to induce lucid dreams you will then need to learn how to prolong and stabilize your dreams. Once you're able to do this, that's when you can start to control your dreams and really have some fun!

All of these steps are beyond the scope of a forum post. If you want a simple guide to get started with lucid dreaming, check out this article I made: http://dream-hacking.com/5-step-ultimate-lucid-dreaming-guide.

It should be more than enough to get you started. Let me know if you guys have any questions with your lucid dreaming attempts.