Met a girl. Dont know what to do.

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by wtfjusthappened, Oct 26, 2014.

1. So im in an outpatient drug and alcahol treatment course. We meet once a week, and there is a girl going to it that seems interested in me.

She's pretty, and honestly seems pretty chill.

Im the type of guy that doesn't know if a girl is interested in me or if she is just being nice.

Anyway we talk before class every week. In fact the first few times we talked, she innitiated. She walked up to me and started the convorsation.

Again im clueless when it comes to girls. Idk if she is into it or just being nice. She does seem to talk to me more than anyone else there so idk.

How should I proceed?

Thanks blades.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. you need her phone #.

3. Ill try that this week. Shes only attending for 3 more weeks. I have 9 weeks left so I gotta make a move soon. At least if I get hwr number ill have a shot

4. "Hey, do you wanna go for coffee some time? It'd be nice to talk to someone that's going through the same sort of thing."
    The same can be used to get her number Etc. Also, put yourself in the right mindset. Don't be a dick, but remember she singled you out to talk to, not the other way around, so he must want to talk to you. This means that she doesn't find you awkward too much, and you can just relax around her more. If you get all agitated, that's a turn off. Being too chill about everything, turn off. Just be yourself, and think of it like talking to a friend, which she kinda is. Take a deep breath as well, that always helps.

5. Good advice god. :p

I always second guess myself. Especially since iv been out of the game.

Well thats not true. Iv had a few flings since my last girlfriend, but all of them I scored drunk.

Its a little different without a little liquid courage lol.

Plus she seems like she could be girlfriend material, and not just another empty fuck.

Guess its time to grow some balls, and get her number/ hang out, outside of our outpatient class.

On another note. God damn I can't wait to fire up some bud when this stupid outpatient shit is over. Lol

My gut instinct tells me not to do it. I don't know what your in a drug outpatient program for, but I am assuming it is not for pot. Depending on what you are trying to quit, if she has the same issues you two getting together could equal the biggest mistake ever. When you are trying to walk away from an addiction, you want strong people in your corner, if you attach yourself to someone who is also struggling to stay sober all you are doing is putting an extra weight on you. She is going to want support from you when you are unable to give it and vice versa, and as a result either she or you both will go back to using.
    Be friends with her, get her number and have coffee, sure, but wait until you are strong enough to have a relationship otherwise you are going to end up right back where you are right now, but at the beginning. Just about any addiction councillor would probably tell you the exact same thing. Bad idea. 

7. Like I said, take a deep breath ;) Nah, but for real, all my friends who've got into relationships have the problem where they find it hard to date afterwards. Just do what you feel comfortable doing, but push yourself. Often the best looking girls rarely get approached because guys are intimidated by them. The lack of attention makes them think they aren't good looking. When you dive in and assure her he is, in fact, beautiful, good, sexy things tend to happen, at least they do for me

8. If you're shy just play the shy card. Make a dumb reason you need her number for group and start texting her.

9. We are both there by court order for alcohol. Which depending on how you look at it, can be a hell of a drug. Thats not to say I wasn't fucking with other shitty drugs when I got caught too. I was.

We both landed there from legal issues. I myself dont see myself as really having a problem that I can't controll. My dad was such an alcoholic he went into seizures when he quit.

Anyway, I will take your advice because I do have my own personal struggles im trying to overcome, and im sure she does too.

When im done I wanna stay away from everything but weed.

I don't wanna rush this too much anyway. Since I hardly know her. It would be nice to get to know a person before jumping into something with them.

You didn't have to tell me why you are there but I appreciate it, and you are right it can be an extremely dangerous drug. I too grew up in a household that was touched by alcoholism so like you I know first hand just how destructive it can be.  My father also had a very dangerous withdrawal that could of taken his life, he was very close to having to ask one of his family members for a piece of their liver. My brother is actually in the throws of that same addiction right now, but he is not able to come to terms with it yet.  When it starts to destroy your body and affect your relationships and work, you know its a problem. Only you really know whether or not alcohol is affecting you that way.
    Even if you don't have a problem and you are just there paying lip service, I would still hold off on dating anybody from there. If anything, she could have a real problem and not be able to handle a relationship yet, and next thing you know you are on her wild ride of drama and self destruction. That is a really painful place to be when your in a relationship. 
    Just stay focused on you, do the best thing for you, make choices that will better your life. Once you are where you want to be, then you can worry about bringing other people into your world.  When you find the person that just makes your world complete, you want to be able to give them the best you possible. :)

Good for you man :)

11. Yeah your probably right lol.

But damn man its hard to keep a level head sometimes. Just got out of class and she was dressed hot as fuck, and I keep finding out more things we have in common. It dosent help that iv had a few drinks. (I can get away with drinking 2 days a week, and still pass a drug test.)

Now im making myself sound more like an addicit. Lol so ill stop my ramble while im ahead.

If anything I need to get myself enrolled in some college classes so I can meet people my age who dont happen to be in a drug/alcohol treatment course lol