I dont understand how anyone drives new cars, am I stuck to 90s cars forever?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by ReturnFire333, Oct 26, 2014.

1. #21 invinciblejets, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2014
    Shit my rx7 with the top up for get it I can't see shit, mirrors are all I have ...and I stay aware of other drivers.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..💨⛽️

2. It ran wonderfully while it still lasted haha. I also had a custom edition with lots of additional features, leather seats, and an awesome sound system so that helped compensate for its lackluster performance and constant need for maintenance. I don't really miss it though since my new car is a total upgrade. I still miss my 1994 Ford Ranger with a 4.0L and manual transmission, despite the poor gas mileage I could take it anywhere.

3. I drove a semi truck with plenty of blind spots so cars don't bother me. It's all in how you have the mirrors adjusted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. #24 Alaric, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2014

Correlation doesn't equal causation, ever.

Also people who work in hospitals call them murder-cycles for a reason, it isn't because they are safe. it is because you fall and you hit the street and see what the body looks like when you grate it like cheese

5. Gotta uncle with a ford ranger 1987 that he put 800000 miles on since he got it new has never had to put any big money(300 most) into repairs cause he has EVERY morning for 27 years he got up and checked and serviced ALL fluids lubes n services his suspension EVERY wedsday and changes the oil the 1st n 15th EVERY month he's 76 years old n one o the coolest stoners ever his truck will undoubtably outlast him n maybe me ;)

6. I has to agree I don't think ill ever buy something newer then 1999 by choice lol not that theres not some nice new cars out but the classics are were its at my favourite being the 69 firebird

I like the inside of a new car but the oldschool feel and handling of an old car....weirds

7. I hate the way new cars ride. I grew up in big old cars and I just remember them riding like cushioned dreams. New cars all ride like trucks. Every one Ive been in is just so small and cheap and plastic-iky and....soulless...
    Gimmie a 60's-80's Caddy or Lincoln, and Im a happy boy :smoking:

8. I agree man.  It's almost like newer cars are like an extension of the driver as you get to choose between multiple features just to make it do what you want.  Older cars have their own personality to me because it is what it is and you tend to feel the cars personality versus just riding in a mobile tech bubble. 

IDK though... I do like a lot of newer cars, but the plastic interiors are indeed far played out.

9. I love my minivan

10. #30 Rainy Daze, Jan 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2015
    Yea I do like the actual switches and knobs in my vehicle instead of touch screen. I hate how everything has to have a dam screen on it.... Fridges, toothbrushes, thermostats, you fuckin name it they'll put a screen in it.

11. yea idk wat ur talking about. if ur in love with 90s cars get a msutang cobra or a real nice 90s car. not a fucken car that cost 10k when new nd is the most souless thing on the planet.

12. I like my bmw. Actually, love it. It's simple on the inside. It's got a sexy ass steering wheel. And it rides like a dream. I love German engineering from 90s.

13. I think the rise in motorcycle fatalities is directly linked to the rise in phone/texting use while driving......

I rarely ride my bikes anymore....lost a long time riding buddy in Dec....due to a fool on a phone not seeing him......

14. #34 TimothyTheFirst, Feb 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2015
    this.

small back windows in certain cars can be kind of annoying but it doesn't really hinder your ability to drive.  and cars from all eras have had that issue.

I've driven/owned cars from the late 80s/early90s up until 2014 models.  never had a problem.

but I kind of lol'd when I read this thread, I thought based off the title it was going to be a dude talking about his foxbody mustang 5.0 or something not a fuckin corolla.

15. I hate driving assists and things i can't fix without anything more than a simple diagnostic machine.

16. those darn whipper-snappers and their doohickies

17. I actually ponder that same thought haha I hate most things past 2005

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. #38 mercinariesgtr, Mar 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2015
    if your in mass 95 and older is where its at. no computer plug in and pretty much no vehicle inspection other than lights and signals working, no broken windsheild, 4 tires, and rolling in under its own power.

19. I drive a '94 corolla, I know exactly how OP feels hahaha

20. The main reason I drive older cars is because they are so much cheaper. Sure, they might have more mileage, but if you know how to spot the mechanical pros and cons, then you can easily find yourself a bargain. A good friend of mine is a mechanic and I get him to inspect cars that I am considering buying. He has spotted mechanical problems in cars that the sellers weren't telling me about... and saved me from buying a bomb. 

I like those old Corolla's too. I used to drive a 92 (or 93?) Corolla. They are durable as well. If you treat them right, they will just keep going and going, it's great.