Oregon needs YOU to vote Measure 91

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by wdizz, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Yep! Are you in Oregon? We've had some really great ads running. I've been seeing them on YouTube and hearing them on the radio. A lot of money is being spent to try and sway those people that have never used it!

2. I live in Washington so I've already won the fight in my state, and I've even smoked bud from recreational stores. However, I know how important it is for federal laws to change that state laws change in as many states as possible.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

3. This is a discriminatory thread. Nobody outside the state of Oregon can vote. I ask OP to vote on California weed laws.

4. When is voting day?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Next Tuesday, November 4th

6. Do you need an Oregon ID to register? I haven't switched mine over... I've never voted before lol

I hear the recreation stores advertizements on the radio all the time here in Washington. Hope to hear more from down south soon. :D

8. #88 *guest, Oct 29, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2014

You may be able to use a current utility bill, bank statement, or certain other documents with your name and address on them. 

I would call or email the election official in your county and find out. If you decide to register, it looks like you'll need to do it in person since the deadline for registering by mail for this election ended on the 14th. 

Edit: Nevermind, too late for you to register at all for this election. Get registered for next time though! 

9. The last day to register for next week's election was October 14...

Oh that was the in person deadline too? Well shucks 

11. Well im pretty confident my vote won't make or break it lol

12. #92 wdizz, Oct 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2014
    Every vote counts! Thanks for trying though!!!

I'm going to join the Yeson91 campaign tomorrow to make calls and get votes in! Can't wait!

13. #93 Dony, Oct 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2014
    Any one who is a a big fan of the herb thinks of voting NO for 91. Is a dumbass and deserve a dummy slap. If the government won't regulate marijuana and don't tax it. No Politician will give a fuck. They see money. It's a shame the only way Politicians will care about the innocent people lives that are ruin by the prohibition if money is involve. I believe if we legalize cannabis. The rules will change as time progress and people would know weed is not bad. I would hate to pay taxes for nature and giving money to the police department. Feds were the ones who wanted weed to remain illegal. They are the real criminals. The only way to stop the marijuana prohibition and the stigma placed on  responsible cannabis consumers is for every state to vote for marijuana legalization. History is happening before our very eyes. Now Oregons I beg of you, VOTE YES FOR 91!!!!. It's time to end the drug war. If Alaska, Oregon, and DC vote to legalize marijuana this year. It would influence the future states that would vote in 2016. 

14. This has nothing to do with politicians you dummy.  The point of a proposition is that the people vote, so political approval is not needed.  Those slime-bag-ass wipes have no power over the voters decision.  The one point I agree with you on it would influence the states to legalize it in 2015, but what they would learn is they could get some stooge to write a shitty proposal and all the potheads would be like, "Hey, they may be using that money for even more nefarious causes, but at least I can't get a ticket."  Stupid. 

And it should be taxed, for the record, but not the way this proposal is proposing to.  Good thing dumb, lazy potheads rarely vote.

15. I got my son's ballot and he said I should fill it out and he would sign it.

Nobody  has a reason to be lazy about it. All you have to do is put a stamp on it and mail it in.

16. #96 brybry12345, Oct 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2014
    "The Stooge: Part 1"

One day, outside powell's books in Portland.  (The world's largest independent bookstore, and gathering spot of some of the world's dumbest dum-dums)  The stooge stands on the corner in search of prey, when a group of twenty somethings exit the store holding their reusable shopping bags.

Stooge: Hello, have you guys heard of prop 91?

dum-dum #1:  Is that the one that bans puppy sales to convicted rapists?

dum-dum #2:  No dumbass, that's the one to legalize weed! 

dum-dum #1:  Oh no way, sweet! 

Stooge:  Wow, I am impressed, most people aren't as informed as you, but judging by the books you have there I shouldn't be surprised.

dum-dum #2:  Yeah, I'm pretty well read.  people should be informed - you know what I mean?

Stooge:  I do indeed, so you know as well then that more than 58% of drug offenses are for pot.  And the police harrass inocents like us just for smoking a harmless plant.

dum-dum #1:  Yeah, it's wrong.  I'm definetly voting yes on 91.  No one should be hassled for smoking weed.  I mean alcohol is legal right?   .... Right?

Stooge: Um, yeah.

dum-dum #1:  So yeah, that's way worse than weed.  I get heroin being illegal, but blah blah blah blahblahblaaaahhh blaby blah blabiddy blah!  blah.  blah blah blah!  blah.  blah blah bippity blahbbity blue.  YES on 91!

Stooge:   You really are smart.  Remember November 4th.  November 4th.  November 4th, go vote yes.  Here is a sticker, it has the deadline to vote on it along with the way you should vote.

dum-dum #2:  Sweet, the sticker has a pot leaf on it!  I'm going to put it on my bike right now.  Later dude.

[Curtains close]

17. Oregon don't need shit. I ain't voting.

18. The elections are going to be close. If you live in Alaska, Oregon, DC, or Florida you need to get out and vote. This vote is about civil liberties, states rights, and unjust incarceration.  If you live in other states support candidates with the most favorable position on legalization. I live in Illinois and will support Quinn for governor.  Rauner has publicly stated that he would have vetoed the medical marijuana bill. It is a close election and if we demonstrate that our vote makes a difference we can get politicians of both parties to take notice.  Once we demonstrate we are a political force, no republican or democrat will try to take away our right.  

Demographics are in our favor. The boomer generation is 81 million.  We started the revolution in the 60's.  Gen X is the next largest at 74 million.  Both generations realize that this is a relatively safe drug with great medicinal potential. Our present policies have failed and are costly wasting millions of taxpayer dollars.  Legalization is not yet inevitable.  The opponents will continue to find ways to restrict our access, even in legal states. We are at the moment though where we need to capitalize on the momentum. 

19. #99 Exhazer, Nov 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2014
    dum-dum #2:  Sweet, the sticker has a pot leaf on it!  I'm going to put it on my bike right now.  Later dude.

Hey, EVERYBODY knows stickers are awesome. so fuck you.

20. I just voted yes for 91.

Myself, my brother, brothers wife, mom, dad all voted yes on 91. My grandparents both voted no. 

If the bill doesn't pass (91), it will eventually, we just need to wait for more old people to die off, as badly as that sounds, it's the truth.

I voted, I did my part in hopes it passes.