Happy Farms

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by HappyFarmer, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Farming...

We put up a huge shop last year. Office...shower etc. Geo thermal...heated floors..car lift.

I have drank many a beer at this table with my old man since being home :)
    Hopefully this summer we can finish our truck project.

Also my windows i got for free dollars and the "tree ripper" my dad fabbed and built. Its awesome on the front of the bobcat. I cleared a whole fence row this afternoon in about an hour. Stumps and all.
    Time to relax...

Attached Files:

2. #603 HappyFarmer, Mar 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2015

Yes sir, it is lol

It is split into 2 areas, one still has dirt floors for the majority of the tractors and combines etc...then the other is the "play area" as we call it lol Basically where we work on things etc. I remember growing up and working in our old machine shed laying on feed sacks in the the cold on the dirt floor...grrr.. My Dad has busted his ass his whole life and it makes me happy to see him have a kickass place like this to work in. 

It is also great for when we do family events in the Summer and Spring. We have a HUGE family haha..like 60 people + will be at the farm for Easter. Hay rack rides, horse shoes and copious amounts of beer will be drank that afternoon [​IMG]

Just thought I would share a little piece of my heaven with you all.

I will snap some pics of the barn we just refurbed next time I think of it. It's an oldy from 1922 and it turned out AMAZING !!!

Our farm has been in the family for 100+ years and just keeps getting better with time. My dad is really making it a sweet spot to live and work !!!

3. Bees are getting put on hold...just thought I would update you all.

The hives I ordered were junk. One was completely dead the other was just full of mites etc..

I got my money back and left them at the place. It's a shame :(

Oh well, I will just try and catch a swarm this spring once it warms up. 

4. It's all coming together. Set the last 23 calves on the ground, and been seeding oats for the last 28 hrs straight. Never been happier.

The last 72hrs of my life have tested my very limits, physically but more so mentally. 

Chomping on the last end of a 18er of Busch and good vibes. 

I should prob take a shower @ some point but I have been a dirty bohemian my whole life anyways. Another beer ain't gonna hurt.

Hope all is well in grow land !!!

5. Glad to see everything's going well for you, and hoping to see a update soon :p

Growing is going well over here also!

6. Dropped a few beans tonight. 

8 GDPxGDP 

Let the outdoor begin ;)

7. Sup dude! Glad to see everything going so well for you. That GDPx sounds like some real deal!

8. #612 HappyFarmer, Apr 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2015
    Sorry for the lack of updates. Been busy as all get out with the farm and family. Which is really one and the same some days.

I went ahead and tilled basically my whole backyard at my house in town and have plants popping like its hot. I fabbed a mini make shift greenhouse and it is working like a charm. I have been hitting local auctions and farm sales and picking up windows on the cheap left and right for the greenhouse build this summer. I am not much of a carpenter so it should look redneck fantastic when I am done.

So my outdoor veggie garden is one big 20x50 stretch and then I tilled another 15x15 square for shits and giggles. Should make for an epic outdoor adventure this year. I have my eyes open for a good pressure cooker so we can can some serious produce this year.

I went ahead and just stuck the GDP's outside with the veggies in the mini greenhouse. Theory is, since they are going outdoor I may as well get them acclimated to it from the get go. One of the benefits of being in a tractor almost everyday in the middle of nowhere is that you can scout grow spots like a boss.

Also, got a ring and gonna be proposing to my girl on the 20th [​IMG] It's our anniversary. All signs point to her being the one.

I am not sure when I will be doing an indoor again. We are in the midst of a custody battle for her son and its just not worth it to take the risk at our house till it is all said and done. 

Hope everyone is having a great day. Big time interview this afternoon for a killer job that is local. If they offer me the position I am taking it. They only hire about once every 4-5 yrs and it is a coveted spot in my home town. I went to highschool/college with the guy that took over for his Dad and does the hiring and firing. Hopefully this works in my favor [​IMG]

Have a GREAT WEDNESDAY EVERYONE !!

9. Big things comin up! Hope everything works out for you!

Have a good day man :)

10. Got the job !!!

11. Sup dude! Congrats on the job and late happy anniversary! Nice job on the garden plot. ;)

12. Thanks everyone !!!
    Pretty stoked about it. Start Wed. 6-4 M-F then farming in the evenings.

Working on my gardens this weekend :)

13. Pics

Attached Files:

14. #618 NorthernAutos, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2015
    Damn SON !!

Looking Fhooking fantastic !!!
    Wow !!! Talk about a turn around from last run !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously impressed man. Sorry, I have been so busy. I will swing by your new thread and check it out. That goes for everyone else too.

The small bed with the landscaping fabric is my tomato/ pepper patch. It is fresh tilled ground this year and I didn't want to mess with the grass so I clothed her ;)   It's a 18x15 space so plenty enough I am thinking.

16. Some of the last of the SkyWalker OG from last run. Funky stuff blades.

Attached Files: