hey blades i really need your advice on a growing question, please help

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by mosdef777, Oct 25, 2014.

1. hey guys i really need some advice

i have a 8 plant hydro system and a 5x5 tent is it a good idea for me to grow 8 plants in it. because i know that the more space they have to grow the bigger they get

so i  was thinking of just growing 3. in a 5x5 tent i think they would have a lot of room to grow and get pretty big.  I'm so sick of spending so much on bud haha.

i smoke about an ounce a week, and i know that the average time for bud to grow is like 3 months. so would need give or take 3/4 of a pound from each harvest to last until the next one. 

if i pick a higher yielding strain with that much space do you think thats possible to get from 3 plants with that much room and a 400-600w hps or is that unrealistic. I'm sorry I've never grown.

and again sorry one more question, are there any beginner friendly (a little bit easier to grow, more resistant to fuck ups lol) brand name strains like any kush or some sour, headband.

not to sound picky i just wanna be able to have my own good bud

i heard northern lights is beginner friendly but i don't know about yield. would you consider northern lights a "dank" strain. I've never smoked it. 

oh wait one more question and I'm realy sorry guys I've tried searching and couldn't find any of it.

is there any like feeding schedule that tells you when to add what and when and how to flush etc. like a feeding schedule for dummies ?

i really appreciate it guys sorry for any typos I'm stoned. 

2. Auto or photo?
    With that 600w hps I would get a cool tube and do 4 or 6 plants and scrog and lolipop to get the best from the light,

Why do we call it the third eye? When really it could be the first

3. I think you'd be happier rocking a 1k in a 5x5.

Maybe 2 400s or 2 600s would work.

I see lots of guys say their 2 600 watters are easier to cool than their single 1k.

"Don't let the past remind us of what we are not now."

1000 watt Scrog Journal

4. To answer your question more directly: In a 5x5 tent, yes you can absolutely do 3/4 on your first run of hydro, but you have to be diligent .  Like someone else said, in a 5x5 tent you would be best going with 2 600w hps with air cooled hoods or a 1000w hps with an air cooled hood.  (The 2-600w are easier to cool). If you want to have a successful first run you have to do a good bit of research before hand.  Go to the beginners forum, read the stickies and do your own independent research on optimal grow environment.  A lot of it is pretty straight forward like always keep you tent below 85 degrees F (70 is optimal), your hyrdo solution temp below 75, and keep your hydro ph at 5.7  On your first run you will being doing good to have .4 grams per watt.

How many plants you decide to grow really depends on how long you want to veg them and what strain you are growing.  I usually give 4 square feet per plant (2ft x 2ft) in my hydro, but I also veg them for several weeks before I flip to flower.  I would suggest 6 for your set up.  If you want to do 8 you will have to flip them pretty quickly or thin them out a good bit.

For a feeding chart: it depends on what nutes you are using.  Each company has a different schedule.  Some list a feeding chart on the bottle, most hydro stores have a chart for each band that they sell, or you can simply look it up online.  For your first run definitely stick to the schedule.  As you progress you can figure out what your plants can handle and up the dosage as you learn, but you definitely don't want to get nute locked because that will hurt your yield pretty big.  

I've only been growing for a couple of years, so I'm not an expert by any means, but I've learned the best thing you can do is research.  My first real grow I ran 8- 1000 watt hps with a flood and drain system, and I harvested 6.2 lbs.  I had major mite problems and didn't keep my ph as level as I could have, but I just wanted to let you know, you can definitely reach your goal.

5. What hydro set up are you running?

6. I'm on my first grow too. 5x5 tent 600w with 2 300w leds. 4 bucket dwc. Veg now on week 8. Flowering in the next week. Read and read some more. Get a ph meter and ppm meter. They are must have. Good luck

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Grasscity Forum mobile app