First time growing -- first plant sprouting

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Greenthumby, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Incredibly excited. Got some seeds from an Amsterdam seedbank because I'm tired of paying for weed to be completely honest. Plus, I needed a hobby.

Got 3 60 WATT equivalence LED bulbs hanging over two plants, one 70% vermiculite & 30% perlite, the other 80% perlite and 20% vermiculite.

Today, the 80% perlite and 20% vermiculite broke the surface and will be fully up by tomorrow I assume.
    The 70% vermiculite & 30% perlite will probably show tomorrow morning or tomorrow night.

This is my very first grow and I do not have a lot of knowledge about growing. Any tips appreciated.

Things I do:

1. Playing Beethoven to them.
    2. Watering them with a spray bottle without it moving the soil.
    3. They always stay moist but never get waterlogged.
    4. They are above the 3 LED lights, so they are getting tons of light but they won't get drowned in it.
    5. I live in a humid state so it's naturally pretty okay. They seem to be doing great with the temperature.

:) so happy! Will post updates daily!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Word of advice, start learning how to properly dry and cure your goods now. Its almost the most important thing cuz if you get mold all over your dank youll be starting all over again.

3. Any tips that you could give me on that? I expect to be harvesting in about 5 weeks, maybe slightly longer, as my plant is an autoflowering plant.

4. What is the real wattage from the LED lights? Not the equivalent.
    And what are the dimensions of your grow box?