First Grow ?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by fivefivetwo, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Should I start flushing? I am assuming from a previous post that was answered that I have around two to three weeks left on this plant since it is my first grow and I have been quite cautious in order to ensure that I dont murder my lady so I'm just looking for some help on this in order to ensure my first grow is not a disaster and my girlfriend doesn't get to say I told you so!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. Cfl grow?? Flushing used to rid soil of salt build up. I personally just recommend not feeding for 7-14days before you harvest your girl. Put her in the dark for 24-48hrs before you chop and don't water even if they need it in the last three days. Dry hang for a week in a zero light low humidity area for 5-7days depending of course on your environmental variables. Jar cure your buds after this burping them daily for a week and 1-2 a week for the following time. Make sure expose bud to light as it degrades the levels, handle as little as possible as it breaks off trichs. Hope this helps

3. So pretty much just start water only from here on out until I chop her down thanks so much for the help and yeah cfl but I plan on ordering a cheap 450 watt hps system for the next grow

4. Where do the brah's stand on light feeding with a sugar component like aloe vera or molasses for the last few weeks to help her plump up?

I also agree to stop feeding and just water her. She's gonna use up that last bit of nutes in the soil and plump nicely. I agree with everything Green thumb is saying to do.

5. I think you will really like the hid system. I would try to steer you towards the 600w system as it gets better watt to lumens ratio. 600w is the magic hid lamp that gets the best numbers in terms of energy from wall put in to energy to plant. Operation costs, initial buy cost and inline fan/heat control costs run about the same as 400w hid. You can always turn down the 600w hid system if you want but really why? 1000hid is less efficient creates more heat and obviously draws more energy. I love my 600w hid setup, I also run a 175 true watt led for veg. It doesn't compare to my hid flower light but at one third of power it can't be expected to. If your serious about growing you should look into running desperate grow area for veg. You could take your for equipment and use it to start a new crop keeping investment cost down. If you are not cloning now again look into starting it helps keep New crop start prices down and let's you continue to grow that magic girl you love.

6. I'm really starting to get excited here I'm just so pissed that I can't get a microscope for my first grow. I called everywhere and no one has them locally so I had to order online. What is the best guess on time left here I'm really hoping for under two weeks I got just about a quarter of my last sack and hoping this is done soon!

Attached Files:

7. Getting excited here first grow almost done I took a clone off of this little lady last week and smoked it up the bottom growth and I was quite pleased with the bowl I smoked from the little popcorn buds on the bottom of the branch and I checked the clones roots today and they have already started I was just playing around giving it a shot didn't have any cloning supplies just razor blade and soil used an old two liter bottle cut in half for humidity dome and it worked so happy! Got the bag of weed for free when my girls nephew came to visit pulled a couple seeds and this is the result for our first grow learned alot along the way big thanks to the forum here so much information on here! I'm not hating the cfl results here the bag of weed was just trash compared to this we are gong to take him a nice little sack at thanksgiving dinner and be like you paid for that ditch weed and this is what came from it! I read over and over don't grow bag weed unknown this and that and this little last is just fine from the unknown genetics as far as me and my woman can tell!

Attached Files:

8. It is tiny, cute but God damn that thing is tiny. Now that you can grow step it up dude, hid lighting and ounces at a time.

9. Daaaawwwww! Its adorable!

Just wook at its wittle weaves!!!

Lol. Looks frosty man. Not bad.

10. One cfl and a dream. ... lol me and my woman smoke about a quarter a week so we are pretty stoked about this! Yeah but now that we have it figured out pretty much my birthday is next month and my girl says she is buying me a real light so we can just stay medicated!

11. New hood for the lights made it today 4 bucks at the dollar store

Attached Files: