Hows it looking? Just temp. placement.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by VoodooVince64, Oct 25, 2014.

1. So Basically I got these plants dumped on me pretty much and I sort of have bare minimum for them except I do have a mini fan and little holes in the box for circulation, 5 13w 6500k 860 lumens per bulb. Just need to know if this little rink-a-dink setup will work for now till I get my dresser set up. keep them roughly 18/6 as close as I can and regulate a good temp. 

Attached Files:

2.  Looks fine, fresh cool air, clean water and bright light is all you need. its not tough.

Keep it up.

3. Thanks man, I've been stressing because I didn't know too much, but I've been learning bout nutrients, pH, ppm, differen fans, filters and humidifiers, but that reassures me, thanks man.

Keep it simple and dont mess with them if everything is going good. New growers tend to love plants to death. Its also real good you are reading and doing your homework. :)

I ignore my plants, I water (add hydro solution) 2 times a week and raise the lights if needed.

View attachment 1590805
    View attachment 1590806

5. I'd love to be at that size, but I'm keeping it small just to cover costs of supplies and personal. Atleast till I'm able to be all out legal with it. But no I know what you mean, when I first got them All i could do was keep fucking with 'em, now I just let em sit and be happy.

6. Well they dont stay small for long so you have more work to do as they progress.

lights, lots of lights, the more the better.

7. Hey except my cfl's are making that box like 70-80 degrees, so I took one out which leaves a nice size hole and see if it helps with airflow. But my baby plant had a dry crinkly blade this morning.

70-80 is ok. fresh air helps plants a whole lot that why if you dont have to grow in a box then dont. Boxes tend to turn into grow ovens.

9. Okay I gotchya, I'll just hook up my lights and put my plant near the window, fresh cool air and nice light with some warm temp to balance it

My plants are next to a basement window, it sucks in cool air, the air gets pushed by fans across the room through my glass working studio where the exhaust fan pushes the air outside. Thats how I get away with running 2,000 watts.

Once you have the air flow down you can add lights as they grow bigger and believe me they will grow. Power bills are way cheaper than buying herb by a mile.

11. Well, I got it out of that box. I now have it in this thing. both lamp and the hanging light are adjustable, the fan is blowing at the lights and plant, and then the big window ac blowing in cool air. Should I bring up my lights more? Any ideas?

Attached Files:

12. Looking fine, you have plenty of lights to keep it happy. Floros do better than people give them credit for.

All I recommend is 2-3 friends for the plant. 4 gives you a very good chance of a female.

13. Hey also since you're quite the wise one, I'm tired of looking up store inventory for lights and supplies and then go and they just dont have it. So know any sites that have good mh 6500k and 2700k bulbs? Even the lightguard fixture sort thing. Also if you know of any nice discreet seed sites that would be awesome. 

14. #14 snoopdog6502, Oct 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2014

I have to say The Vault, they sent me a T shirt and some killer seeds that are growing right now.
    Nice guys and will not take long to get to you.

Lights? Well bigger is better. Here is a nice 400 watt complete kit, Ballast,reflector,hangers,both bulbs and a timer for $102.95
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apollo-Horticulture-400-Watt-MH-HPS-Grow-Light-System-Set-Kit-for-Plant-Growing-/191055700117?pt=US_Hydroponics&var=&hash=item2c7bcea095

Same thing but a 600 watt. $130.95
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apollo-Horticulture-600-Watt-MH-HPS-Grow-Light-System-Set-Kit-for-Plant-Growing-/171231723522?pt=US_Hydroponics&var=&hash=item27de34c002

A hydro system kicks ass, complete kit for $36.95
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-SITE-HYDROPONIC-GROW-BOX-SYSTEM-KIT-5-GALLON-COMPLETE-W-NUTRIENTS-pH-TEST-/151444003053?pt=US_Hydroponics&hash=item2342c418ed

If you realy want to grow some buds the size of your arm then a 1,000 watt grow light rules. $190.95
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/iPower-250w-400w-600w-1000w-watt-HPS-MH-Grow-Light-System-Kit-Dimm-Green-House-/180877784621?pt=US_Hydroponics&var=&hash=item2a1d27f62d

15. sweet my plan is to make a fixture out of pvc and wire it myself, my question though is does mh and hps lights require a ballast? 

16. Nevermind, yes they need ballasts, but digital ballasts interfere with radio frequency which could get me busted pretty easy considering there's also a comcast cable guy right across the street. is there anyway to prevent this?

Modern digital Ballast like I linked to will not cause any RF interference . Now some used ghetto wired Craigslist ballast might.

Make sure the circuit has a real ground and nobody will ever know.

I pulled a power cable into my room and run 3 1,000w, one of which is on old magnetic metal halide. I have 2 home networks , 2 ISP's and tons of electrical stuff and there are no problems.

If the guy across the street who works for the cable people has an ancient old school set of rabbit ear antennas to watch UHF and VFH channels then they might have something wrong. LOL

New lights are perfectly fine. Nothing wrong with researching things before you leap but there is 99.9999% you are cool with a real grow light.

18. Thanks man. And 400w kit should suffice for my dresser correct?