Anyone flowering with real small pots solo cups?

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by keyser_soze, Oct 25, 2014.

1. I'm trying to find out the success rate of growing a bunch of solo cups in a growbox. Root bound issues, typical problems I may run into etc etc. is love to hear from
    You!

The Dank Knight

2. #2 GrowTrees, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2014
  3. No I havnt I'll check it out now thanks
    Man! The only thing I've seen is like a couple youtube clips with a big bud in a solo cup and oldschoolstoners first post in what have you learned lol

The Dank Knight

4. Yeah there's quite a few people who do it, that thread I posted is a solo cup challenge were people grow only in solo cups. My plan is to keep the soil only filled half way so when it starts to get root bound I can take it out and put fresh soil under the roots

5. Just wondering why you would not fill the cup up from the beginning? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. #6 GrowTrees, Oct 25, 2014
    I thought I explained why pretty well..
    'when it starts to get root bound I can take it out and put fresh soil under the roots'
    Keeps it from getting root bound and dying or not producing as much. The roots will have fresh soil to grow into

7. That's pretty sweet man. Can I do this with bagseed or do they have to be autos?
    I have 150 actual watts cfl's and get almost 2 oz off one plant it
    Was my first female grow and had tons if problems. I wanna try and do just a bunch of solos and try to get the same amount. Not that I'm
    Asking yield , lol, just wondering if a bunch of solos would be a formidable replacement.
    That's a good idea with the soil underneath I actually did that with seedlings that I panted in a cup that was too small. I actually cut the bottom off and stacked it on top of another same
    Cup
    With dirt in it. If that makes sense.

The Dank Knight

8. Yes you can do it with bagseed, im using regular seeds for mine. I think a bunch of solo cups with seeds that are thrown into flower would work well if you have enough seeds

9. You should add that when a plant grows, it stretches roots straight to the edges of its container, then tends to circle and stop eventually.... If you use less soil (this is a little theoretical, bear with me) you wait until the roots hit the edge and begin to circle a little bit.... Lift it out, add a little more soil, watch roots extend down further, repeat process... Eventually you use almost the entire cup for root space instead of just the bottom and sides, you get a more dense root ball....

I imagine this would run into a crazy watering schedule if you vegged for a long time - to the point that drip timers might be the only way to water her sufficiently haha...

Sorry if this is tldr, I just blasted 2 bowls of some homegrown with my girlfriend in our arizer solo... After a week long t-break..

10. #10 GrowTrees, Oct 25, 2014
    Yes, that's exactly what I meant but didn't feel like explaining haha. Thank you sir
    And yeah I'm guessing the water schedule would be crazy if you do it right, there would be a ton of roots in there

11. How long do you veg for typically?
    And how long from start to finish do you do.... Or recommend for a guy tryin to just get head stash for a bit while growing more.

The Dank Knight

12. #12 GrowTrees, Oct 25, 2014
    I dont grow everything like that, if you're gonna do it in a solo cup then only veg for a week maybe to give it a head start. If you veg too long it will get too big for a solo

13. Good info here. May have to refer back to this post, I'm gonna try it out with on my my indica heavy clones

Sent from my Spaceship using the GrassCity App.

14. I suggest a one or two week veg in a solo, my plants are really heavy indica so I let em go for 3 weeks and I think that was too long

Sent from my Spaceship using the GrassCity App.

15. cool thanks guys!

The Dank Knight